Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Stoner to retire

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R

Bike
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R750 K6
    I'm thinking... WTF? Not 1 April, is it?
    Member, sem fiddy appreciation society

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    I find it ironic that the incredibly rude personal comments about Les were made by someone bearing an astonishing resemblance to a Monica Lewinsky dress accessory.

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBandit View Post
    All was good until I realised that having 105kg of man sliding into my rear was a tad uncomfortable after a while

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    How fucking random is that? Guy's at the top of his game, thrashing previous world champions, on the best bike, and he's not enjoying it?

I'll bet Honda are fucken SPEWING
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    HONDA CBR 250 RR, 2008 250 Kawasaki Ni.
    More like having a family and spending more time being a Father than continuing on being a World Champion Moto GP Racer.
    Sorry to see him leave Moto GP but Casey has obviously made the right decision for himself and his Family.
    ? is who will take his seat on the Honda????????

Bike
    Its a Boat
    JA'JUA... who fails to recognise when life is good......

Bike
    2011 BMW S1000RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke girl View Post
    More like having a family and spending more time being a Father than continuing on being a World Champion Moto GP Racer.
    Sorry to see him leave Moto GP but Casey has obviously made the right decision for himself and his Family.
    ? is who will take his seat on the Honda????????
    Marc Marquez maybe!
    Hes got so much talent.
    If the moneys right you may see Rossi back with honda too, maybe, possibly, nah probably not

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Maybe he'll become a commentator...

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Just a couple of weeks ago he denied rumours originating in the Spanish press that he was to retire at the end of the year.

This time it looks like the real deal. All the authoritative sources are carrying the headline, including an announcement from Honda.

I wonder if he's had a successful trial for a V8 Supercar team?
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Honda CBR600RR9
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardman View Post
    Marc Marquez maybe!
    Hes got so much talent.
    If the moneys right you may see Rossi back with honda too, maybe, possibly, nah probably not
    Won't be Marquez, no rookies are allowed factory seats. Does it count if he wild cards before the end of the season? Also being that he is Spanish and repsol backed they will probably change the rules.

That is a serious waste of talent, and also a very selfish thing for Stoner to do. I understand that he wants to focus on family etc, but to take the millions and run is pretty poor I think.

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    Just hope he wins the title this year so he can go out on top.
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    gsxr1000
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    How fucking random is that? Guy's at the top of his game, thrashing previous world champions, on the best bike, and he's not enjoying it?

I'll bet Honda are fucken SPEWING
    Just like the NZSBK to much background bullshit going on and he is not enjoying at anymore. Good on him I say, will make the silly season even more interesting later in the year.

Bike
    Various things
    Quote Originally Posted by gixerracer View Post
    Just like the NZSBK to much background bullshit going on and he is not enjoying at anymore. Good on him I say, will make the silly season even more interesting later in the year.
    Agree with you 100%. When the love is gone it's gone. All of the traction control, crt, fuel limits etc etc...he's obviously sick to death of it all. Never struck me as a guy that was interested in hanging around trying to beat records etc.

Hope he bows out on top. That'll be something Rossi will never match.

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    I remember when Croz pulled out with a very similar comment about not enjoying it any more - except he didn't have 2 top level titles to his name like Stoner has.

The changing of the rules never helps in my view and Honda and Yamaha were spewing over the weight limit change for a start once the bikes were already built.
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    Various things
    Honda will be fucking spewing they didn't sign him years ago. Lorenzo will be rubbing his hands together with glee. Bet Yamaha has to pay him more next year...cause you can bet Honda will come knocking on his door now Stoner is going!

Bike
    Nowt any more
    Remember, he might only be 26 but he has effectively been motorcycle racing since he was 4 yrs old and as a full time professional since he was, what, about 13-14ish?
    Long enough in anyones language I would have thought.
    How many people continue climbing after they have been to the top of Everest?
    Have to agree with Maido, it is a very selfish decision, but I will disagree with the sentiment. I think good on him for understanding his priorities and having the kahunas to get out while on top and not just plug away because it is all he knows.
    I have had to do the same with my own 20+ year career, it is very difficult.
    Quite brave I think.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." John Ono Lennon.

"If you have never stared off into the distance then your life is a shame." Counting Crows

"The girls were in tight dresses, just like sweets in cellophane" Joe Jackson

Thread Information