Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suzuki's new MotoGP bike

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by Crasherfromwayback View Post
    Maybe not full force. Better than not being there though!
    Can't argue with that.

Bike
    Ones that do skids
    I think the main thing holding Suzuki back in the last few seasons has simply been who they've had riding for them. I'm sure Capirossi was awesome for test feedback, experienced as he is, but he has by no means been a place getter for quite some time.

As for Bautista, man I think he was going places on that bike. I don't think he's "alien" material, but I vividly remember him harassing Simoncelli on a couple of occasions last season, and considering Simo was on a bike with at least some HRC backing, I think that says two things. One, about Bautista's not inconsiderable talent on a motorcycle, but also that the Suzuki was capable of being ridden hard nearing the front. It didn't seem far off the Hondas on the straights, again not bad considering how they have such a tendency to power off into the distance vs Yam and Duc.

Just to play the wonderful game of "What if?", I think if last season's bike was piloted the likes of Dovi (just to keep things realistic), it would be frequently near or on the podium.

If Suzuki are coming back in anger, which seems likely, and they splurge on the downpayment for one of whoever 2014's stars are (for instance, I think Bradl will be a right terror by that time), they will very much be a competitive manufacturer. Back on the factory side of the battle instead of the satellite side.

Bike
    Italian
    Bit more gossip on those “spy” shots.

Thread Information