Thread: A quick ride to to the King Country and back

Bike
    . .

A quick ride to to the King Country and back

Cary wanted to go to Piopio to get a pressie for his lady so I said hey that sounds like a nice day ride I'll come too. The weather forecast was for sunny weather so we met at the Les Batkin Reserve by the Tuakau bridge at 10am in what was moist overcast conditions and no sun to be seen. We proceded down slipery muddy SH22 to Te Uku then turned left to Te Pahu Rd tihen on to Otorohanga, Te Kuiti and then arrivng at Piopio shortly before 1pm. Bought Gift from the "Little Alpaca Shoppe" had a quick bite at the bakery then headed off to Kopaki and Bennydale.

About 20 km after Bennydale I was chasing Cary's ducati thru some gentle curves when the rear of the 640 began a series of weaves. Damn a puncture in the rear. Stopped and set about removing the rear wheel and Cary returned to see what was up. About a half hour later we were on our way again with 2 new patches on my old michelin tube in the rear. I had a spare front tube as a last resort but the patches held and away we went. (shameless plug : The DRC mini foot pump works great).
    Thru Mangakino and up Rotongata Road turning off to Arapuni and Putaruru to refuel the Duke and put a splash in the 640. Stopped at the Honda shop and bought a spare 18" tube foe Justin(case).
    We headed to the Bike Shed at Okoroire for refreshments. From there it was off to the old Te Aroha Rd and Te Huna. Ohinewai and off to the Village Bar in Patumahoe for a post ride debrief before heading to our respective homes.

Was a great wee ride taking in some beautiful country and the weather did improve slightly giving us a beautiful view of the stars on the return trip.

Thanks for the company Cary.

Taz
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0111.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	817.3 KB 
ID:	264036   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0112.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	808.8 KB 
ID:	264037   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0113.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	721.0 KB 
ID:	264038   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0114.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	740.9 KB 
ID:	264039   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0115.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	582.2 KB 
ID:	264040   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0116.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	636.8 KB 
ID:	264041  

Bike
    GL1800
    Nice ride and write up.

The thought of a roadside tube repair probably precludes me from adventure riding, but well done you!
    "If you haven't grown up by the time you turn 50, you don't have to!"

Bike
    . .
    It's not really all that hard, and alot better than sitting around waiting to be picked up and taken home.

Thread Information