Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Which 650cc twin to choose for ProTwin or F3?

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by quickbuck View Post
    A VERY good lesson in "don't believe everything you read" right there....
    LOL - seriously, I did refuse to put that setup in his motor...But 4AGE race springs fit the ZX7 seats and retainers better than the Kawa springs do...spacer required to get correct fitted height but they'll happily accept over .400inch valve lift.....

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    LOL - seriously, I did refuse to put that setup in his motor...But 4AGE race springs fit the ZX7 seats and retainers better than the Kawa springs do...spacer required to get correct fitted height but they'll happily accept over .400inch valve lift.....
    Its pretty incredible to hear some of the advice out there on the internet of what is a "hot" set up aye Grumph, many of them will make the bike go worse than stock, as all of the manufacturers spend $$$$$$$$ developing and synchronising engine parts to work as a whole.
    An example might be swapping a piston out for another type/brand - whilst its a simple job to do -in almost all cases the engine will produce either less hp or simply make stronger torque or hp in another rev zone (but lose it elswhere). Changes like this without changing the many other parts that control inlet and exhaust gas flow are often a complete waste of time and $.

Bike
    Peformance Bike mag for June and had an article on JHS and the Supertwin they produce, 15k(pounds) + VAT. Used Triumph 675 complete front end and rear wheel. Anyone in NZ used this?
    Motor had alot of work done, but the shortness of the exhuast surpised me. They confirmed it was good to be under 102dB. It looked similar to a CBR1000 or R6 exhuast out the side and all I could think was how loud is this going to be!

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorty_925 View Post
    Motor had alot of work done, but the shortness of the exhuast surpised me. They confirmed it was good to be under 102dB. It looked similar to a CBR1000 or R6 exhuast out the side and all I could think was how loud is this going to be!
    My lady's ER6 is fuckin loud! They have a little short pipe underneath, and the two brothers can that's been fitted does fuck all to quieten things down at all.

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    For pro twins, I'm surprised no one has found a damaged cagiva raptor. Decent brakes and cartridge forks.
    Funnily enough i rode one of those at the track just the other day, and as you say as a Protwin bike its a pretty handy starting point. Suffers from porkiness a little , but probably fixable that.

Thread Information