Thread: Calling all people with Pro-lite bikes who aren't using them

Bike
    Goose

Calling all people with Pro-lite bikes who aren't using them

I really, really want to get back to the "big track" and am looking to purchase a pro-lite bike for next years winter series. At the moment I am racing (more like lapping) my bucket but I have bad problems with carpal tunnel, especially on a track like Kaitoke so I am looking to "try-out" a pro-lite bike prior to purchasing one to see if the pain appears/is just as bad as on a bucket.

So, I am asking if anyone here has one that they are not using and would not mind me using it for one round of the winter series this year. I would be happy to pay a fee to use the bike and of course if I were to break it then I would put it right. I don't plan on trying to win any races or go flat out on the edge, I just want to circulate and enjoy. If this is you could you please contact me via PM.

Thanks in advance,

Helen Pasco.
    "Some people are like clouds, once they fuck off, it's a great day!"

Bike
    A fast one
    Hey Hels
    Should find the higher bars a bit more comfortable on the ninja.
    They also go longer before seizing..........

i suffer badly from the same ailment.......its a bitch

Bike
    Goose
    Quote Originally Posted by SWERVE View Post
    Hey Hels
    Should find the higher bars a bit more comfortable on the ninja.
    They also go longer before seizing..........

i suffer badly from the same ailment.......its a bitch
    Yep, not at all interested in a Street stock!!!

I am actually hoping to eventually buy a Kawasaki should a pro-lite be easier on my hands

It is a bitch and the docs won't fix it cause the only thing that is aggravating it is the bucket racing. Apparently I should give that up....

Bike
    Hornet 900
    Have you tried slip on grips? they go over the standard grips.
    http://www.grabongrips.com/motorcycle.php

Seems to have helped a few people with CTS.

Bike
    XT660r
    Quote Originally Posted by Str8 Jacket View Post

I am actually hoping to eventually buy a Kawasaki should a pro-lite be easier on my hands

It is a bitch and the docs won't fix it cause the only thing that is aggravating it is the bucket racing. Apparently I should give that up....
    If you change your mind about SS150 I can bring the KR for you to use/race.

It will be at round 2 with a mate racing it, its the same bike I raced at PMCC round 3 against Clive and Dave Neil used at the Nats final at Taupo
    Dale Kerrigan: If there's anything Dad loved more than serenity, it was a big two stroke engine on full throttle!

Bike
    Goose
    Quote Originally Posted by RDjase View Post
    If you change your mind about SS150 I can bring the KR for you to use/race.

It will be at round 2 with a mate racing it, its the same bike I raced at PMCC round 3 against Clive and Dave Neil used at the Nats final at Taupo
    Thanks heaps Jase but with my horrendous history with two smokers I think I will pass. Not sure I can afford a rebuild (again)....

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Quote Originally Posted by Str8 Jacket View Post

Hi Hels,
    Come and see me at the end of the season.... I am thinking I might "Step Up", so we may well be able to do a deal.

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Alternativly, have you seen this one? http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=479323478

Engines are around $700 to $1000.... So could be a go?

Bike
    depends

Blah

Quote Originally Posted by quickbuck View Post
    Alternativly, have you seen this one? http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=479323478

Engines are around $700 to $1000.... So could be a go?
    Feck, that's got more k's on it than mine. Mine has stalled and is taking months to get up to 50k, I've not done any fun riding for way too long. Yay, about time started seeing ones with higher k's coming up for sale, plus shows how little I'd get for it, so guess I'll just keep mine.

Sorry Hels, just got excited about the ninga. (Ninga's want to be Ninja's when they grow up). They are economical. A fill's around $30, and as it doesn't have reserve, I get a bit paranoid & fill up around 330km, but sometimes push it to around 370km (and guess that's about the limit). And what does that have to do with anything? It means you wouldn't need to fill the tank for racing, keeping some weight off the front end. (random brain farts from me)

Bike
    2014 Honda NC750X
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchee View Post
    Feck, that's got more k's on it than mine. Mine has stalled and is taking months to get up to 50k, I've not done any fun riding for way too long. Yay, about time started seeing ones with higher k's coming up for sale, plus shows how little I'd get for it, so guess I'll just keep mine.

Sorry Hels, just got excited about the ninga. (Ninga's want to be Ninja's when they grow up). They are economical. A fill's around $30, and as it doesn't have reserve, I get a bit paranoid & fill up around 330km, but sometimes push it to around 370km (and guess that's about the limit). And what does that have to do with anything? It means you wouldn't need to fill the tank for racing, keeping some weight off the front end. (random brain farts from me)
    Mmmm... There must be something wrong with mine..... I budget 250mls per lap!, that is 12 k/litre.....
    Then again, I am at 100% throttle for 95% of that...

Thread Information