Changes Weekly
    None of those links work properly...
    SHE LOOKED UP AT ME WITH BLOOD IN HER EYES
    THEN HER SKIN FELL OFF
    AND SHE PROMPTLY DIED
    IT WAS EBOLA, LA LA LA EBOLA

Bike
    Honda CRF250X
    Good question in the UK GasGas and KTM are at the top here it seems more KTM.
    www.offroadimports.co.nz Stompgrip Road And Dirt, Hyde Hard Parts, BT Handguards, Scorpion Rad Braces.

Bike
    GSX-R1100
    Kawasaki....

Bike
    KTM 200exc 2004

Bike
    GSX-R1100
    That huskys nice

Bike
    Honda CRF250X
    Checkout the 2012 GasGas from dirt action.

http://dasmoto.co.nz/gas-gas-bikes
    www.offroadimports.co.nz Stompgrip Road And Dirt, Hyde Hard Parts, BT Handguards, Scorpion Rad Braces.

Bike
    hopefully bringing something back to NZ
    wouldnt go near the gas gas there ok but they use bits of all sorts a makes of bikes from yamaha to honda to what ever and real common for bit to just fall off. the husqvarna looks good although only a 125 and the 07 ktm also for the money ask on the other one better off spending a bit more an get the newer more up to date one it one owner and if the guy has looked after it as he makes out and is an old slow rider then it should be fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIG

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by barty5 View Post
    wouldnt go near the gas gas there ok but they use bits of all sorts a makes of bikes from yamaha to honda to what ever and real common for bit to just fall off.. . .
    That's a pretty weak excuse. So they use same clutch & brakes & conrod & airfilter as a CR250 so you can get quality parts easily. Gee, yeah that would make me not want to touch them. Bits to just fall off? Sure. -thread technology has been a pretty stable science since the turn of the century before this one. Its not like they vibrate like a Harley, or even much at all.

Try again flatearther.

There's a bunch of us with 1/2 doz of them no drama.

[cue redneck drawl] "I hear those jap bikes are made of shit metal" (& other such lies)
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    some honda bits in a kx chassis
    Gasgas will be a better bike for more technical riding, have smoother power, turn better, and be better over nasty rough ground. The ktm is better for higher speed riding, has a much more aggressive engine, but turns worse and is a bit sketchy over rough ground(rocks and roots). The gasgas is slightly heavier and has a lower seat height than the ktm.
    I tired both the ktm and gasgas 200s and got the gasgas, it suited me better.
    No parts have mysteriously fallen off my bikes either.
    we may just go where no ones been

Bike
    2007 ktm 300exc
    First question what are your intended uses for the bike? If its trail riding, grass track motocross, enduro any of those will do.
    Next whats your height if you're under 1.7m go for a GASGAS or pre 07 KTM lower seat heights. Your weight is not an issue unless its under 60 kg.
    If your buying an bike with over a 100 hours factor into the costs a piston & conrod mains as these will need doing in the near future, chain sprockets, brake pads are easily checked not engine parts at purchase time.
    GASGAS, KTM, HUSKY are all well build bikes and give years of fun but they're all slightly different and suit different riders especially as the demands of enduros have changed as its more like a car rally with the emphasis on the terrain[special] tests etc.
    If you like the Husky 125 its new at a good price and you should be able to get the 150 kit for it if you haggle hard enough for free or at cost.

Bike
    GSXR750, KTM350EXCF
    Quote Originally Posted by noobi View Post
    Gasgas will be a better bike for more technical riding, have smoother power, turn better, and be better over nasty rough ground. The ktm is better for higher speed riding, has a much more aggressive engine, but turns worse and is a bit sketchy over rough ground(rocks and roots). The gasgas is slightly heavier and has a lower seat height than the ktm.
    I tired both the ktm and gasgas 200s and got the gasgas, it suited me better.
    No parts have mysteriously fallen off my bikes either.
    I agree with the KTM's turning but you just need good clutch/bake control and I just fly over rough ground.

And yes they do go fast.

Mind you I might change my mind after tomorrows 1st round at woodhill.

Bike
    Suzuki DR650, Beta Xtrainer with CLAKE
    Quote Originally Posted by barty5 View Post
    wouldnt go near the gas gas there ok but they use bits of all sorts a makes of bikes from yamaha to honda to what ever and real common for bit to just fall off. the husqvarna looks good although only a 125 and the 07 ktm also for the money ask on the other one better off spending a bit more an get the newer more up to date one it one owner and if the guy has looked after it as he makes out and is an old slow rider then it should be fine.
    Well now that would have to be the most dumb ass reply you could write.

I own a Gas Gas EC300 and I love it, however I also rode a KTM 300 EXC and that was a good bike too, the truth is that a lot of the parts are common across the brands, Ohlins, Mazzochi, Brembo, Nissin, even the hubs on the Gassa are the same as Husky.

The bigger influence for me was my height and what I ride, the Gasa was easy to lower with the dog bones in the back as opposed to the direct link on the KTM.

I liked the Husky but its not electric start and even by KTMs own admission their starters are only an accessory so do I want spend 10K + for no electric start, NO but it was a personal preference, they are still dame good bikes.

I like slower technical riding for which the Gasa motor has more bottom end and suits my riding.

Every brand has its "needs upgrading" part that we complain about but do we sell our bike because of it, No, if that was the case you wouldn't own a bike at all.

My advice, ride them all and make up your own mind, talk to the owners of the models you are looking at and then make an informed choice and regardless of the brand you will get something you enjoy.
    Cheers Paul
    Check out our new website www.motomox.co.nz my very own sand pit with lots of cool toys

My bikes Suzuki DR650 2010, Beta Xtrainer 300 2016, Beta RR498 2014

Bike
    KTM 200exc 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ktm84mxc View Post
    First question what are your intended uses for the bike? If its trail riding, grass track motocross, enduro any of those will do.
    Next whats your height if you're under 1.7m go for a GASGAS or pre 07 KTM lower seat heights. Your weight is not an issue unless its under 60 kg.
    If your buying an bike with over a 100 hours factor into the costs a piston & conrod mains as these will need doing in the near future, chain sprockets, brake pads are easily checked not engine parts at purchase time.
    GASGAS, KTM, HUSKY are all well build bikes and give years of fun but they're all slightly different and suit different riders especially as the demands of enduros have changed as its more like a car rally with the emphasis on the terrain[special] tests etc.
    If you like the Husky 125 its new at a good price and you should be able to get the 150 kit for it if you haggle hard enough for free or at cost.
    THANKS GUYS
    First of all i will use it to ride at our farm,some occaisinal trail rides,harescrambles, some mx fun... wont be doing enduro for a bit..2nd im 1.8m 14yrs old had 8 yrs experience 55-60kg i WANT an enduro bike, better built than mx bikes in the first place and to be honsest i hate mx bikes
    Cheers

Bike
    GG 300 SD 10
    I did have an 09 ktm300. It was an ok bike..... Never had any problems with it.

Then I bought a Gas gas ec300 sixday model about 18 months ago. Has been awesome!
    Done nearly 100 hours and just did the top end about 8 hours back.
    Bottom end just killed the bearings and had to do the rod and main bearings.
    Done front fork seals twice. onto the third front pipe and second muffler
    Onto 4th set of tyres and have settled on Dunlop MX31s as my preferred choice.

Can't really complain as I generally try to destroy the bike every time i ride it.
    I have always enjoyed riding it. Seems to excel at technical riding and can climb tricky stuff better than I even think possible.

Have always wondered if I could ride a 200 2t as well and if less weight would be even better at technical stuff.

Thread Information