Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanted: 74/75 850 Commando

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250

Wanted: 74/75 850 Commando

As it says looking for a Mk 4 850 in decent nick,and i am well fussy so decent means just that and not someones shabby attempt at a resto.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    BSA A10
    That year is Mk3, I didn't even think they did a Mk4? Interstate or Roadster or aren't you fussy?

Actually, you strike me as more of a Hi rider type of person
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	opinion07060804.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	264435
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    That year is Mk3, I didn't even think they did a Mk4? Interstate or Roadster or aren't you fussy?

Actually, you strike me as more of a Hi rider type of person
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	opinion07060804.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	264435
    The old man had a nice metalflake blue 74 which was bought as Mk4,the pics i attach are 74 Mk 4 roadster and 75 MK4 Interstate according to there owners.As for the high rider if it was mint i would buy it,not hard to lose the bars n seat.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	norton_commando_1974_mk4_850cc (Medium).jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	83.2 KB 
ID:	264436   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	norton_commando_1975_mk4_850cc (Medium).jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	73.0 KB 
ID:	264437  

Bike
    Lack of disc on the rear of 1st pic and location of disc on 2nd is interesting.

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by 98tls View Post
    the pics i attach are 74 Mk 4 roadster
    Can't see the roadster being a Mk4 when the Mk3 had rear disc brake and came out 74-75ish, can't find a mention of a Mk4 anywhere online

The Roadster has a right foot gearchange and the Interstate a left by the look of it to

No doubt a Commando anorak will be along sometime soon to give us the rundown
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Bike
    Can't see the roadster being a Mk4 when the Mk3 had rear disc brake and came out 74-75ish, can't find a mention of a Mk4 anywhere online

The Roadster has a right foot gearchange and the Interstate a left by the look of it to

No doubt a Commando anorak will be along sometime soon to give us the rundown
    With you on the rear disc as i posted,Do a search for Mk 4 Norton Commando and theres heaps comes up (on my puter anyway)As you say no doubt some Norton fanatic will be along to sort it out,from memory they did the Interstate for the yanks,the disc on the other side ive no idea,no matter the TL is sold as off a few hours back and am after an 850,from what we have discovered so far at very least a MK3,hopefully as you said some Norton guy will sort out the rest...

Bike
    BSA A10
    With you on the rear disc as i posted,Do a search for Mk 4 Norton Commando and theres heaps comes up (on my puter anyway)
    Did you read any of the links though? all those I read through didn't mention a Mk4 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norton_Commando

I always wanted a MK3 Interstate but they're even harder to find than a MHR

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one
    With you on the rear disc as i posted,Do a search for Mk 4 Norton Commando and theres heaps comes up (on my puter anyway)As you say no doubt some Norton fanatic will be along to sort it out,from memory they did the Interstate for the yanks,the disc on the other side ive no idea,no matter the TL is sold as off a few hours back and am after an 850,from what we have discovered so far at very least a MK3,hopefully as you said some Norton guy will sort out the rest...
    you did fucking WHAT?????

Bike
    Did you read any of the links though? all those I read through didn't mention a Mk4 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norton_Commando

I always wanted a MK3 Interstate but they're even harder to find than a MHR
    http://www.google.co.nz/url?sa=t&rct...R4_iGvLGVHU1NAA few there on the Norton site.

Bike
    The old fella was in the day a Norton junkie,was rebuilding an old 650SS when he bought the 850,whatever it was it was beautiful bike and though only 14 at the time i remember him saying MK4,mind you theres been plenty of drugs n Bourbon consumed since back then,ive a pic of the thing somewhere but cant be arsed finding it.

Bike
    BSA A10
    I think they fucked up, they have a 1971 as a Mk1 and a 1972 as a Mk3 so where did the Mk2 fit in? and I doubt a right foot change, drum brake bike is a Mk4 (If they exist)when a Mk3 had discs front and rear and left foot change for 1975

Although they're probably all parts bin specials like Ducati

Sent a couple of PM to some guys with the same dubious (Norton) taste in bikes as you to see if they know of anything

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by tigertim20 View Post
    you did fucking WHAT?????
    Indeed i did,had a bloke call in Friday on his way to the Brass and asked if he could have a look,i would have been stupid to turn down his offer so didnt.

Bike
    I think they fucked up, they have a 1971 as a Mk1 and a 1972 as a Mk3 so where did the Mk2 fit in? and I doubt a right foot change, drum brake bike is a Mk4 (If they exist)when a Mk3 had discs front and rear and left foot change for 1975

Sent a couple of PM to some guys with the same dubious (Norton) taste in bikes as you to see if they know of anything
    I hear what your saying mate,since making the (very recent) decision to buy one i thought i had them sussed re years etc but seems not,to get back on track a little lets just say i am wanting to buy as late as i can get (rear disc) in decent nick,Interstate or Roadster tank not important but Roadster would be a bonus.

Bike
    BSA A10
    i would have been stupid to turn down his offer so didnt.
    Has it gone and has money changed hands yet though?

I'd rather the Interstate tank myself, but that's because after having a BMW I hate a fuel range of less than 300km but from what I've seen they're a bit of a rarity

So how long before it's blinged out like the TL, have you seen the amount of shit you can buy for them to upgrade just about everything on them?

Here's one just down the road http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-480942320.htm

Bike
    Has it gone and has money changed hands yet though?

I'd rather the Interstate tank myself, but that's because after having a BMW I hate a fuel range of less than 300km but from what I've seen they're a bit of a rarity

So how long before it's blinged out like the TL, have you seen the amount of shit you can buy for them to upgrade just about everything on them?

Here's one just down the road http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/moto...-480942320.htm
    Still in the shed but have a decent deposit in cash,enough to say he would have rocks in his head to not pick it up and pay the rest,i made it plain to him that if he didnt he wasnt getting it back.Ive been a long time follower of what you can buy for the Commandos,blinged out?depends what you call blinged out my plan is to keep it old school in the cafe racer look,ive a mate in England who has some contacts re Norton owners clubs and old school aftermarket stuff,depending on whats what with the one i buy an old school but tasty single seat conversion will be up there on the list.

Thread Information