Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Er6 in a ZXR400 frame

Bike
    Meads speed 650R, Kawasaki S2a

Er6 in a ZXR400 frame

Heres the progress thus far - This side is the side that had that least amount of frame removed, the right side has alot more removed maybe 20mm more vetically up the main weld. Note the new longer eng mounts at the back, we have strengthened in between these.

Engine work is still being done so these are just bare cases, the head fits pretty much exactly where the old 400 head used to be.

The frame was painted so we can see any stress points on the frame, paint starts flexing or crackin, we can strengthen it there..... reckon well be fine thou.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frame.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	130.4 KB 
ID:	264486Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frame2.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	125.7 KB 
ID:	264487Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frame3.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	117.2 KB 
ID:	264488
    Chappy

Come see what the fuss is about....................http://www.californiasuperbikeschool.co.nz/

Bike
    93 kwacker zxr750

Thumbs up

well done hope you can kick ass on it ... go green

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    Good stuff Neil, something different again to add to the spice of the Formula class ! ....... Oooops (i mean Supalite....)

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    Nice Neil. You may need a race partner for endurance events?????
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    I sold it
    Quote Originally Posted by neil_cb125t View Post
    The frame was painted so we can see any stress points on the frame, paint starts flexing or crackin, we can strengthen it there..... reckon well be fine thou.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frame.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	130.4 KB 
ID:	264486Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frame2.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	125.7 KB 
ID:	264487Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frame3.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	117.2 KB 
ID:	264488
    Engines falling out is a good pointer also , and the smell of burning leather .

Quote Originally Posted by codgyoleracer View Post
    Good stuff Neil, something different again to add to the spice of the Formula class ! ....... Oooops (i mean Supalite....)
    Your a stirrer young fella , but i do get your sentiment.

Bike
    Cheers peps, most of the hard stuff is done, need to sort a proper radiator but that won't be hard. Once the crank is returned ( only doing a little bit to that ) we can start getting serious. hopeully up and making brumm brumm noises in the next few months.

I have to go teach super bike schools at Laguna Seca, Miller motorsports park and thunderbolt raceway in July so that will hold me up a little bit......just terrible.
    Chappy

Come see what the fuss is about....................http://www.californiasuperbikeschool.co.nz/

Bike
    I sold it
    Cheers peps, most of the hard stuff is done, need to sort a proper radiator but that won't be hard. Once the crank is returned ( only doing a little bit to that ) we can start getting serious. hopeully up and making brumm brumm noises in the next few months.

I have to go teach super bike schools at Laguna Seca, Miller motorsports park and thunderbolt raceway in July so that will hold me up a little bit......just terrible.

Wanker,Hope it rains

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Awesome project, will be watching this. I'm toying with the idea of a ZZR600e motor in an L model ZXR frame
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    Street Triple R
    cool! I have subscribed so I can see all the rest of the pics you will be posting (hint hint)

are those cases the actual cases you will be using? reason for asking is that I have a VFR400NC30 rolling frame and that underside shot shows that the ER motor is quite narrow. Its got me wondering..... I had an idea of an RZ350 motor but something modern, fuel injected and with a bit more capacity might be the go.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatilover View Post
    Awesome project, will be watching this. I'm toying with the idea of a ZZR600e motor in an L model ZXR frame
    Yeah, they L model frames aren't that different, i just didn't have the Tanks, forks or other little bits that make it different. There is a good link on ZXRworld orum bout a 636 engine in a ZXR.
    Chappy

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    cool! I have subscribed so I can see all the rest of the pics you will be posting (hint hint)

are those cases the actual cases you will be using? reason for asking is that I have a VFR400NC30 rolling frame and that underside shot shows that the ER motor is quite narrow. Its got me wondering..... I had an idea of an RZ350 motor but something modern, fuel injected and with a bit more capacity might be the go.
    yes mate, they are my only set at this stage - a VFR with a SXV550 motor would fit super..........
    Chappy

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Yeah, they L model frames aren't that different, i just didn't have the Tanks, forks or other little bits that make it different. There is a good link on ZXRworld orum bout a 636 engine in a ZXR.
    I'll look that up thanks, I think the 636 has the same rear mounts as the zx6d/e etc I've heard of a few ZX6d/E conversions and the idea of one of those with some actual grunt interests me
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    Street Triple R
    yes mate, they are my only set at this stage - a VFR with a SXV550 motor would fit super..........
    If you could source one at a reasonable price. theres that guy who put one in a Prilia RS250 frame and it looked factory. Arent the cams made out of chocolate though?
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    I sold it
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    Arent the cams made out of chocolate though?

I like Chocolate .......

Bike
    I sold it
    Next project has to be a CBR900 in the 400 frame , its been done in the U.K. and sounds like a good project to me, the 600 goes well enough so the 900 will be much more fun filled.

Thread Information