Page 11 of 258 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Team GPR

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy man View Post
    l thought some 65 cc mx chambers may do the job ok. l did have 2 spear ones for my bike but cant find them for the love of me .. but been over 10 years from when l last run the engine
    Would be easier to just chuck on some motoX critters on there I guess, wonder what sorta rev range we're talking about compared to the 10,000 optimistic limit on my motor.

I'll stop hijacking this thread now. Sorry.

Bike
    Honda NSR300 track hack
    Quote Originally Posted by richban View Post
    Haaa ha I remember that day. To lazy to change that rear tyre. Was entertaining to watch.
    Haha yeah it was the day I got a wild tank slapper coming down the hill and scared the poop out of the people watching on pit wall (and myself!) It's on video somewhere, a huge step out as I turned into the chicane coming down the hill

Bike
    93 kwacker zxr750

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Would be easier to just chuck on some motoX critters on there I guess, wonder what sorta rev range we're talking about compared to the 10,000 optimistic limit on my motor.

thats fine l will just send you the bill lol

Bike
    a shed full of crazy shit

Don't worry Drew; your not hijacking the thread (you are not calling us all c#nts yet)..

Take a port rubbing and do some measurements (port heights and sizes); we can all put a couple of cents in designing a pipe.
    Then you can match it up to the closest miniMX, racing scooter (or comp chainsaw) pipe....

why 10000 RPM? they were built for rev'ing and if you really want to get anything out of it lift the limit a little more.

a question for you - what's the con-rod spec's (length, little/big end sizes etc)?

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    10,000 is probably a good idea as Drew will be too tight to rebuild the crank to handle more revs.

Husi I also found my 3.5" spoked wet only fits at the very back of the NF4 sw. Have to be lucky with gearing & chain length.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    RS/KE125, PW50
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Husi I also found my 3.5" spoked wet only fits at the very back of the NF4 sw. Have to be lucky with gearing & chain length.
    This must be the pre 91 swingarm (has the supports welded in right down at the junction rather than half way up the swingarm). 91 to 94 swingarms are 170mm wide and take the 3.5" rim. Was 93/94 they first offered the 3.5" rim, it drops straight. I believe some of the latter rims have a wider hub, this is why the NX4 sprocket bearing collar thingy doesnt work in the NF4, you end up with 5mm or so gap. Seems to be only part 3 (collar) from the parts manual that would need to be changed?

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Don't worry Drew; your not hijacking the thread (you are not calling us all c#nts yet)..

Take a port rubbing and do some measurements (port heights and sizes); we can all put a couple of cents in designing a pipe.
    Then you can match it up to the closest miniMX, racing scooter (or comp chainsaw) pipe....

why 10000 RPM? they were built for rev'ing and if you really want to get anything out of it lift the limit a little more.

a question for you - what's the con-rod spec's (length, little/big end sizes etc)?
    I call everyone cunt. The way some people call everyone bro, or mate. It's just my way.

Port rubbing is an unfamiliar term for me, but I guess from the context I stick a piece of cardboard down a cylinder and rub it to get an outline? That'll tell me how far from the top everything is? Given the stroke being set, it's possible to determine timing?

Someone posted in my build thread about rod sizes, all I remember is 12mm gudgeon, which means KTM65 slugs are a go as replacements.

Dave, you're more than welcome to come pick up one of the spare cranks and have it built to rev like fuck. I just don't have the money.

Bike
    Yo momma
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    This must be the pre 91 swingarm (has the supports welded in right down at the junction rather than half way up the swingarm). 91 to 94 swingarms are 170mm wide and take the 3.5" rim. Was 93/94 they first offered the 3.5" rim, it drops straight. I believe some of the latter rims have a wider hub, this is why the NX4 sprocket bearing collar thingy doesnt work in the NF4, you end up with 5mm or so gap. Seems to be only part 3 (collar) from the parts manual that would need to be changed?
    You are correct

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Hmm, I thought I had an '89 & two '91 swing arms pass through my mitts, I ended up using what I though were the 91s, they are different to the 89. The bikes came with 91 forks 90s are thinner/damper rod & pre adjusters. Weird.

I have found the 89 sprocket collar doesn't work on 91 wheels, its ~5mm too short

Bike
    Blog Entries
    . . Dave, you're more than welcome to come pick up one of the spare cranks and have it built to rev like fuck. I just don't have the money.
    and either do I. Cunty.

Bike
    Yo momma
    Hmm, I thought I had an '89 & two '91 swing arms pass through my mitts, I ended up using what I though were the 91s, they are different to the 89. The bikes came with 91 forks 90s are thinner/damper rod & pre adjusters. Weird.
    The 89 sa has a sheet metal web where the sa meets the brace, 90 thru 94 have a bit of square section joining the sa to the brace a bit further up.
    Correct about the forks. The 94 rear wheel is 3.5 wide ie it has the NX4 rim with the NF4 hub and spoke pattern and has '93' cast into one of the spokes.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    and either do I. Cunty.
    I'm gonna sell the good motor out of my RGV, to fund a half decent build. Got a clever (very fuckin clever actually) machinist who is willing to help with things, and very good mate who has lots of motorcycle bits lying around, and I do alright swinging spanners.

All hinging on one small thing. Me enjoying riding round small tracks, on small bikes. I know I fuckin hated riding an RGV at a full sized track.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonu View Post
    The 89 sa has a sheet metal web where the sa meets the brace, 90 thru 94 have a bit of square section joining the sa to the brace a bit further up. . .
    Yes my 89 had the sheet metal & my others had the square section. But perhaps the 90 was thinner than the 91-94 despite the square section?

Bike
    Blog Entries
    I'm gonna sell the good motor out of my RGV, to fund a half decent build. Got a clever (very fuckin clever actually) machinist who is willing to help with things, and very good mate who has lots of motorcycle bits lying around, and I do alright swinging spanners.

All hinging on one small thing. Me enjoying riding round small tracks, on small bikes. I know I fuckin hated riding an RGV at a full sized track.
    yeah I sold an old bike to fund a few things, but all it did was clear existing debt & make me think I was rich for a fleeting time.

That Sketchy guy seems to like the RGV as a bucket chassis so I think you'll cope.

- that's not to say you won't whine like an old Valiant diff which leaked its oil out in the late 80s.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez

- that's not to say you won't whine like an old Valiant diff which leaked its oil out in the late 80s.
    Hahahahahahahaha, old Valient diff. Cunt.

Thread Information