Page 54 of 258 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast

Thread: Team GPR

Bike
    GPR150
    Quote Originally Posted by Yow Ling View Post
    Just enter a different value in the flywheel mass in the setup 26 hp no problem !
    could do but who would i be fooling lol so meany things out side the engine that makes good power but some don't work together

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Will Tune ECU work, is Kiehin or Sagem. Works a treat on Triumph ecu.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    a shed full of crazy shit
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Will Tune ECU work, is Kiehin or Sagem. Works a treat on Triumph ecu.
    Maybe, maybe the same core software (as this too will happily tune triumph and Ktm and others). Biggest issue seems to be the ecu backfeeding voltage or locking up the USB port, thus locking up software... But the cable is part of the package and one would have thought well tested against common issues like this.... Hohumm.
    Maybe I'll try another pc (but this is the lucky laptop that always works with oddball hardwhare: good old XP).

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Ahh yes it will be same but USB can be a swine, 232 much more resilient, which is why I bought an obsolete $30 Lappy from werk with a serial port, a cable can be had for $15 or so. Tuneecu saw is free.

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Wobbly has talked a lot about the need for resistor caps and plugs for RF suppression when using a USB to Serial conversion cable. I to have brought an older laptop with a serial port just to get away from the extra problems that come with trying to use a USB port for RS232 serial work. Although serial is not so prone to RF, with the Ignitec ignition you still need the resistor caps and plugs to protect the ignitions CPU.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Ha, I've just been in the garage today and noticed the VAG cable on the wall and it's a USB, confused with Ignitech one. Res caps I was going to say. But beaten to the punch by Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Wobbly has talked a lot about the need for resistor caps and plugs for RF suppression when using a USB to Serial conversion cable. I to have brought an older laptop with a serial port just to get away from the extra problems that come with trying to use a USB port for RS232 serial work. Although serial is not so prone to RF, with the Ignitec ignition you still need the resistor caps and plugs to protect the ignitions CPU.
    Yep and yep and yep.

We had mad issues not running resistor plugs and trying to communicate to our ECU over USB. Would just cut out at high rpm. A bit unnerving when you can't see what the shit is going on.

Bike

Battle of the Buckets

We will start by saying a big thanks to:

Skunk & Skunk Control:
    (Andrew and Leigh) for get the north Island boys sorted, dealing with multiple ferry bookings (we we all kept changing our minds).
    Sorting the VMCC truck and supplying their own Van (plus doing almost all the driving) + homemade lunches / snacks / drinks and bloody good coffee.
    plus giving us Palmy boys a place to stay on Wednesday.

Tony Mclaughlin:
    For very kindly offering us (all north Islanders) a place to stay, sheds to fix bikes (and even parts for one unlucky/lucky Nth Islander); BBQs, drinks and great conversation.
    It made life so much easier than transporting people 4/5 different places around Christchurch.
    Thanks Tony, for opening your home to all of us smelly norfties; any-time you are in the north (Manfield, Taupo etc. and want a place to stay; then please sing out).
    Also thanks to the others that offered up floor space at the last minute; when our accommodation turned pair shaped (thanks very much for the offers).

Brendan and the Sth Islanders.
    Great meeting, great track and most importantly bloody good laughs all round.
    Again; if any of you want to come north there is always free accommodation.

Scotty:
    Building up all the bikes, then building up a trailer to take them all...
    plus finding some time to brew enough "Giff Bootleg" for all of us.

So to give a clear scale of the adventure; it started Wednesday (Palmy to welly leg; trailer and 5 bikes, 4 blokes); this grew to 11 bikes in welly (between the truck and trailer).

Friday Fun Day at Ruapuna:
    at a $120 bucks a pop (and full track), the buckets stayed on the trailer.
    Richard 2 had his lipstick RGV250 (pinky); Kieren on the Duc and Skunk on the ZXRD400 (which was great to see).
    The result from the day was barrel of laughs and two bikes to fix (blown base gasket on Pinky, and pistons meeting heads on the ZXRD); so a chunk of Friday night spent tearing down two strokes, making gaskets.
    Also one bucket racer didn't do any prep and loaded a non working FXR on the trailer (which had to be fixed as well); turns out the issue was electrical and Tony kindly supplied a replacement stater.
    The race was on to see what bikes would be going first.... Two more norfies arrived too make it nine in total.

BOB.
    Arrived and unloaded / sorted out equipment (no mean feet given how many bikes and bits stacked&packed).
    A big thanks to everyone that helped us unload and set up; sucked into helping: when just looking at the Northern bikes.
    (many hands made light work; especially when some riders were off doing their own thing)...

Cheers TZ for the photo (Grump and me, chatting about frame design and other shit).

Sighting Laps. more most of us it was our first time (while the videos were great; it was a totally different story on track); and what a cool track it is....

Qualifying races: F5dave managed pole, Kieren & Scotty managed 3/4 rows the rest of us down the back.

(Great photo Racing Dave)

BOB (55 minutes of fun, pain, a few bruises, lessons, flat tyre and lost contact lens).
    F5Dave (I'm sure he will tell his own story; so I won't)
    Kieren: Was on the pace right from the start; had a spill in the Hairpin got up and work hard all the way to the finish to unlap himself.
    Scotty: after getting up in the main pack; ended up DNF with flat tyre.
    Kerry: Finished
    Richard E: Finished
    Richard 3: Finished
    Skunk: DNS Started a bit late (but finish); after getting delayed chatting to Grump and Co.
    Me: DNF. good start off the back and caught up to the others, but then rode like a girls blouse and finally had to pull off due to lack of vision (lost contact lens) and turning into a moving chicane (yea i know, worst excuse ever)....

Last three races of the day:
    Everyone made sure they got their money's worth.
    Both Tony and Brendan took my GPR150 out and showed that it could be up the front (first time I'd seen & heard it on the track).

Everyone was smashed after the racing; lots of laps and heaps of fun (the night ended rather early).

Sunday; early start and long drive back north...

Summary; massive event we all wished we could stay for Graymouth.
    we will all start saving our pocket money and return next year.

Unfinished business for next year

Cheers Suzi Q

Great meeting all of you and putting faces to the KB & FXR forum names.

Roll on Taupo in two weeks.
    Last edited by Bert; 21st October 2013 at 09:15. Reason: further to the story

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    . . .
    Me: DNF. good start off the back and caught up to the others, but then rode like a girls blouse and finally had to pull off due to lack of vision (lost contact lens) and turning into a moving chicane (yea i know, worst excuse ever). . .
    Are you kidding? Worked for Freddie Spencer.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Are you kidding? Worked for Freddie Spencer.
    nope....
    I could hardily figure out/see what part of the track I was on (and black tarmac and green grass blended quite well also); let alone see braking points and other bikes.
    Might has carried on if I'd done more laps, but I really didn't want to make an ass of myself and stuff up others fun; being in the way doing random shit....

Bike
    Blog Entries
    I meant; as excuses go, if you can find one a world champ has used - then you're onto a winner. I couldn't race without my lenses.

Bike
    GPR150
    hard going starting both races on the back row going up to the bob . started on the 3thd row number 13 on the grid in the end , was never going to win it but the bike was more than capable of it if i rode it hard enough . realy just wanted to finsh a top 5 . track was real good but wish the straght was smaller not to give the engine a to harder time

Bike
    well Mike - Yow Ling; you have come up trumps.

Bike
    husaberg
    Bert did Greg ask you what you wanted for Xmas
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Bert did Greg ask you what you wanted for Xmas
    ???? nope, well i don't think so ????

But I did mention if he could get rid of my postie sidecar; i might have room for another few bikes in the shed (but wife will eventually cut my allowance off if she sees any more two wheeled things in the shed).
    sh!t I've caught the bike hoarding disease of the Griffiths...

Thread Information