RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Go the 50 taking him back!!
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Rattlecan blue
    Quote Originally Posted by mr bucketracer View Post
    like to here from others if a good gp track but good to see it go to a bigger track one year
    Not sure if it would make a good GP track, might be a bit simple, be interesting to hear what others think. We investigated the possibility of track two at Taupo for the GP next year but the track hire was enough that if we didn't get huge entries it would clean us out completely. About $4500 a day I think.
    Stock is best

Bike
    Bucket Sidecar
    Quote Originally Posted by Henk View Post
    Not sure if it would make a good GP track, might be a bit simple, be interesting to hear what others think. We investigated the possibility of track two at Taupo for the GP next year but the track hire was enough that if we didn't get huge entries it would clean us out completely. About $4500 a day I think.
    My opinion is that one year a cart track, next year a big track. With two years notice, most people would not struggle for an entry fee of say $150 dollars to get the chance to race on a bigger track. It would most certainly get a contingent up from the South Island too I would expect.

With two years notice it is saving 25 cents a day... (please feel free to stretch this amount to 50 cents a day if you want to double the money, it is still not a hassle).

The GP was once a comfortable one day of racing. It wouldn't hurt to do this once every two years.

Thoughts...

Bike
    2022 Honda CB500X, CBR150RS F4 Bucket
    Quote Originally Posted by seymour14 View Post
    My opinion is that one year a cart track, next year a big track. With two years notice, most people would not struggle for an entry fee of say $150 dollars to get the chance to race on a bigger track. It would most certainly get a contingent up from the South Island too I would expect.

With two years notice it is saving 25 cents a day... (please feel free to stretch this amount to 50 cents a day if you want to double the money, it is still not a hassle).

The GP was once a comfortable one day of racing. It wouldn't hurt to do this once every two years.

Thoughts...
    Yep, stick it on a big track occasionally and I'll be there as I'm sure will a number from the mainland. In terms of cost, could it not be run in conjunction with another club meeting, like we do the BOB down here which is run over lunch time and usually means a big number of buckets swelling the entries and club coffers for the day? I did one at Taupo where it was simply part of a club race meeting if my memory serves me right
    Sometimes you wish it was easier, but if it was, everyone else would do it, then you remember you don't want to be like everybody else!

Bike
    Exercycle

Thoughts...
    I hear the posties are hanging out for meetings - and probably some BEARS interest too. As tim says, bring in other classes to pay for the day...
    It works down here.

Bike
    What day of the week?
    With the north island series behind us, Scott taking out 1st place, Alex 2nd and Regan on the wobble machine 3rd. Great results as all top three bikes are gpr machines. Now back to the drawing board as Scotts championship winning bike now has a new owner. My bikes also got a new owner. So plenty of new ideas and good old ones floating around. What this space......

Bike
    GPR150
    Quote Originally Posted by TALLIS View Post
    With the north island series behind us, Scott taking out 1st place, Alex 2nd and Regan on the wobble machine 3rd. Great results as all top three bikes are gpr machines. Now back to the drawing board as Scotts championship winning bike now has a new owner. My bikes also got a new owner. So plenty of new ideas and good old ones floating around. What this space......
    Time for me to sit back and start having some fun.
    i'm over buckets

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by TALLIS View Post
    With the north island series behind us, Scott taking out 1st place, Alex 2nd and Regan on the wobble machine 3rd. Great results as all top three bikes are gpr machines.
    Top three bikes, GPR machines, excellent effort....

Bike
    Bucket Sidecar
    Quote Originally Posted by TZ350 View Post
    Top three bikes, GPR machines, excellent effort....
    I think the lads are looking forward to "build time", I need to limber up a bit, I can hear their footsteps coming up the CNC path...

Bike
    husaberg
    What happened to the CNC 100?
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Bucket Sidecar
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    What happened to the CNC 100?
    That (if we're talking the same bike) is my little xl100. I go hot and cold on it, but I think it is back on. An adjustable steering head was made some time back, adjustable in that it can be bolted on one way or upside down, giving two slightly different rake angles, big track or cart track.

The frame will be two offset aluminium plates, suitably machined and lightened, I may even use the new laser cutter that has turned up at work to do these. The aim is to make a fully alloy bike, minus the obvious slabs of steel that rotate, or power the wee mite...

The laser cutter is the reason it is probably back on, my CNC has a mere 500mm X Axis movement, it wasn't cutting the mustard, nor the ally in this instance!

Will document the progress...thanks Husa!

Bike
    husaberg
    That (if we're talking the same bike) is my little xl100. I go hot and cold on it, but I think it is back on. An adjustable steering head was made some time back, adjustable in that it can be bolted on one way or upside down, giving two slightly different rake angles, big track or cart track.

The frame will be two offset aluminium plates, suitably machined and lightened, I may even use the new laser cutter that has turned up at work to do these. The aim is to make a fully alloy bike, minus the obvious slabs of steel that rotate, or power the wee mite...

The laser cutter is the reason it is probably back on, my CNC has a mere 500mm X Axis movement, it wasn't cutting the mustard, nor the ally in this instance!

Will document the progress...thanks Husa!
    No the CNC 100CC 2 stroke.
    whoops 125cc 2 stroke
    https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/s...post1130894330
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Bucket Sidecar
    No the CNC 100CC 2 stroke.
    whoops 125cc 2 stroke
    https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/s...post1130894330
    Well that sucks...lol!

Regan's taking out the GPR125 to the first Vic Round in a couple of weeks I believe. Wants to show them in the development class how its done in Buckets. Up against 390cc monsters too so I am lead to believe. May take the camera and video down, will be a nice side by side showdown.

Sliding the xl100 back under the house...

Bike
    husaberg
    Well that sucks...lol!

Regan's taking out the GPR125 to the first Vic Round in a couple of weeks I believe. Wants to show them in the development class how its done in Buckets. Up against 390cc monsters too so I am lead to believe. May take the camera and video down, will be a nice side by side showdown.

Sliding the xl100 back under the house...
    Is it an S ie overgrown XR80 or a older XL/SL/CB type?
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    Bucket Sidecar
    Is it an S ie overgrown XR80 or a older XL/SL/CB type?
    Older "true" XL, bought it from a guy down Waiterere beach, even he had heard of buckets.

Thread Information