View Poll Results: What do you reckon I should do?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep CBR

10 47.62%
  • Trade for RGV250

8 38.10%
  • Trade for RG150

0 0%
  • Quit Racing

4 19.05%
  • Quit Road Riding

6 28.57%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What should I do?

Bike
    1999 GSXR1100W, 1975 CT90

What should I do?

Been wondering whether I should sell the CBR before I (completely) annihilate it ruining any resale value, and get another bike. I had a talk with Dad asking if I could sell it for a RGV250 and a RG150, cause this way I could have a separate race bike (RG150) and a road bike that I could also race later on (RGV250). Dad said no to this as he considered it unfair for me to have 2 bikes (despite my brother having the 80 and a near new KX125). So, I'm left with these options:
    -Keep CBR, going to cost a bit of money to get it in good enough condition to sell (needs new tank, muffler and RH crankcase cover)
    -Sell CBR for an RGV, bike is faster (and I'm a speed freak)
    -Sell CBR for a RG, less expensive if I annihilate it, which I'm likely to do
    and:
    -Quit racing or
    -Quit riding on road

Any extra money I make resulting from my decision will go towards my brother.

So what do you reckon?

Bike
    1998 suzuki RG150e (AETC)... X2
    CBR's have more low down power than a RG150 (JB and I went for a ride yesterday and at 110 i pinned it going uphill in top and he was still pulling away, i wasn't in powerband yet tho, he has a 91? CBR) So i dunno , an RG might be be a step down... But then again, if the RG is in powerband, only it sliding down the road is going to slow it down. Hard decision for sure. How about getting a job to pay for an RG, and trading your CBR for an RGV-250. Your brother wouldn't mind if you EARNT the 2nd bike yourself. Hope it helps
    I suffer from hooliganism.... Know me before you judge me
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...7&postcount=83
    i need to practice my "this shit doesn't burn" face
    Welcome, ZorsT.
    You last visited: 1st November 2007 at 22:15

Bike
    Arse Bandit
    I'll buy your RG, GASL!
    Quote Originally Posted by skidMark View Post
    if you have a face afterwards well... that depends how you act...

Bike
    1999 GSXR1100W, 1975 CT90
    Anyone know where you can get the latest RGV250? Tried looking on the net for them, can't find anywhere that has one for sale

http://www.rgv.ru/img/History/1996_R..._Gamma_250.jpg
    http://www.rgv.ru/img/History/1997_RGV250gamma_250.jpg

Guess the ones in Japan are still being used and aren't being imported over here yet

Bike
    '08 DR650
    get an rgv (biased opinion i know )

Bike
    fire breathin ginja ninja
    RGV250 kicks the arse off CBR250s.. I know this with my bro having an RGV and I having the CBR.. I found the CBR liked corners way better then the RGV, but when I've said this, I have mostly been told that the RGV is also meant to love corners too, so it must have been set up wrong. Any 2 stroke 250 is gonna fly..

Bike
    CBR600F3
    It does really sound like you need two bikes, one nice example for the road (ZX6R CBR GSXR etc) and one that can recieve a thrashing at the track (whcih it sounds liek you already have). Personally I would spend the bare minimum on the CBR to get it to track condition and start saving for a nice 600 don't bother with another 250. Of course this may mean you have to hold off on road riding for a little while but it will probably be the better option in the long run.
    "Resort to the law so exhausts finances, patience, courage, hope, so overthrows the brain and breaks the heart, that there is not one honourable lawyer who would not give the warning "Suffer any wrong rather than come here".

Charles Dickens

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Spleen
    I'll buy your RG, GASL!
    when I'm done with it, I'll PM you. I warn you though, there won't be much unscratched fairing left by the time i upgrade
    Welcome, ZorsT.

Bike
    Arse Bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodAndSuchLike
    when I'm done with it, I'll PM you. I warn you though, there won't be much unscratched fairing left by the time i upgrade
    Haha, at least I won't feel bad about thrashing it then turning it into a track bike then!

PS: What sort of ballpark figure are you thinking of?
    Quote Originally Posted by skidMark View Post
    if you have a face afterwards well... that depends how you act...

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by alarumba
    ...if I annihilate it, which I'm likely to do
    and:
    You mentioned "annihilation" several times in your opening address, why do you think this is likely?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Spleen
    Haha, at least I won't feel bad about thrashing it then turning it into a track bike then!

PS: What sort of ballpark figure are you thinking of?
    depends on if i need to do engine work and get rid of the rust... or how many more scratches there are...
    Welcome, ZorsT.

Bike
    Blackbird with a million k's on it
    Trade for a Random Grenade Vehicle, one in roughish condition, and rebuild the engine. It's not hard, not many parts to a stroker. You should fit bigger powervalve pins if it's a pre '95 model (info at http://www.rgv250.co.uk/) to stop them from breaking.

Also, you'll want to get the race ignition module. Bang's em up to around 70bhp or so I'm told. Check the site above for pretty much all you need to know about the things.

I nearly bought one a while back for road riding, but I think they need a bit much maitenance (sp?) for commuting every day on. Supposed to be a great racebike though.
    Quote Originally Posted by thealmightytaco
    It's like a bunch of guys talking calmly, sharing advice, all utopian like, and then BAM, drunken hobo slams his jug on the table and tells everyone they need to start punching each other.
    Interesting.

Bike
    GSXR 450
    Bah nosense I have had my vesta for ages now even when I sezied it on the southwestern motorway (and it spat me off at about 130km/hr) I still rode it every day to work 30mins each way and never had a problem didnt even replace the rings...
    Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even.
    Muhammad Ali

Bike
    '08 DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by crash harry
    Also, you'll want to get the race ignition module. Bang's em up to around 70bhp or so I'm told.
    ooh, dont suppose you know if you can get them for earlier ones than 95...say 89

Bike
    Ubrfarter V Klunkn,ffwabbit,Petal,phoebe
    Quote Originally Posted by texmo
    Bah nosense I have had my vesta for ages now even when I sezied it on the southwestern motorway (and it spat me off at about 130km/hr) I still rode it every day to work 30mins each way and never had a problem didnt even replace the rings...
    Does this mean you are a vestal virgin ?
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark
    This world has lost it's drive, everybody just wants to fit in the be the norm as it were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Vincent
    The manufacturers go to a lot of trouble to find out what the average rider prefers, because the maker who guesses closest to the average preference gets the largest sales. But the average rider is mainly interested in silly (as opposed to useful) “goodies” to try to kid the public that he is riding a racer

Thread Information