Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Victory Motorcycles?

Bike
    All of them
    I've ridden a long way on both.

From memory...
    V-rod makes 120 Horsepower-ish.
    Victory 106cui makes ninety-something.
    I'd have to look up the weights. Internet - can't be arsed.
    The V-Rod has more ponies and longer legs - pulls quite a bit further into the rev range. It's quite sick when spooled up.
    The Vic is very nice. Better lean angles. Good ergos for the larger gentleman too.
    The Harley's is actually a great bike engine. Proof of that is if you get to take one of the now (unfortunately) defunct Street Rods for a burn. They gets along mighty fine.

But as we've said before - fastest cruiser is a bit of silly concept. My KLR is faster over Takaka Hill. (Probably not - but, you know...)

It's a choice of the style that rocks your boat.

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post

From memory...
    The V-Rod has more ponies and longer legs - pulls quite a bit further into the rev range. It's quite sick when spooled up.
    The Vic is very nice. Better lean angles. Good ergos for the larger gentleman too.
    The Harley's is actually a great bike engine. Proof of that is if you get to take one of the now (unfortunately) defunct Street Rods for a burn. They gets along mighty fine.

But as we've said before - fastest cruiser is a bit of silly concept. My KLR is faster over Takaka Hill. (Probably not - but, you know...)

Once again making too much sense for KB, Dave...
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
    This is KB ... we never let facts stand in the way of personal opinions ... and theories ...
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    All of them
    They let me use their bikes - I feel some obligation.

Speaking of which - you should throw a few Triumphs into this discussion as well.

The Blacked-out Thunderbird 1700 and the Rocket III Roadster give buyers a choice of some seriously nice bikes in the heavy metal category. Same with some of the Metrics now. There are a lot of all of them on the road over here. Right tool for the job.

Bike
    2008 S40 Boulevard
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post

From memory...

I double checked your figures and it seems my claims may have been a little overstated.

I was using a review from motorcycle USA as the basis of my stance that the Highball was quicker, but apon checking the numbers on the HD website and the Victory.

The V-Rod comes with 115Nm of Tourqe and the Highball 110Nm. @ 290kgs dry weight for the HD and 300kgs for the Vic.

I guess I should double check stuff more often and not rely on one source.

Bike
    Dont have one now
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkfish View Post
    I double checked your figures and it seems my claims may have been a little overstated.

I was using a review from motorcycle USA as the basis of my stance that the Highball was quicker, but apon checking the numbers on the HD website and the Victory.

The V-Rod comes with 115Nm of Tourqe and the Highball 110Nm. @ 290kgs dry weight for the HD and 300kgs for the Vic.

I guess I should double check stuff more often and not rely on one source.
    I checked mine against a VRod Muscle and can confirm that the Rod was indeed quicker off the mark and did pull away. But at the end of the day how often do you do that? Its all a bit academic really unless you are going to twist the throttle to the stops every time you get close to another bike.....
    I can confirm that the Victory will eat a HD big block Wide/Super Glide though

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    So how do prices go for similar bikes from both camps?
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    2012 Victory Vegas Zach Ness
    Spotted this rather unique looking Victory at the Mates Rally this weekend. Much admired by all. If you can figure out where the concealed indicators are, you are doing well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Victory.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	773.5 KB 
ID:	272332  

Bike
    Dont have one now
    So how do prices go for similar bikes from both camps?
    The imported second hand Victorys are very well placed in the market against the HD equvilents......the new ones from the dealer are quite pricey

Bike
    2008 S40 Boulevard
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffc View Post
    Spotted this rather unique looking Victory at the Mates Rally this weekend. Much admired by all. If you can figure out where the concealed indicators are, you are doing well.
    I dont usually go for flashy Bikes, im more of a "you can have it in any colour you want... as long as its black"! kind of guy.
    But that is one good looking bike.

Bike
    The Conscience
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffc View Post

Fork tubes?
    "It is by will alone I set my mind in motion"

Bike
    2012 Victory Vegas Zach Ness
    Quote Originally Posted by GTRMAN View Post
    Fork tubes?
    Spot on. Bottom edge of mudguard at back. Pretty much invisible till they are turned on.

Bike
    2012 Victory Hammer & 1973 Triumph X75
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Limb View Post
    I like the Victory range because they use the S&S motors.
    S&S motors?? My arse! Engineered in house by Polaris.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkfish View Post
    But that is one good looking bike.
    2012 Cory Ness Jackpot, Daimond cut heads, plus all the Ness Bling.

Since 2004, I have owned 8 Victory's, Old school V92CI, the Freedom engined Vegas's, Jackpots & Hammers, 5 speed, 6 speed, 100CI, 106CI.
    The best handling is the Vegas series (include Vegas 8Balls) using the 180/55 18" rear, & 80/90 21" Front. You must work the Jackpots & Hammers with the big 250/40R18 rear end into the corners, but the Hammer is better with the wider fatter 130/70R18 Front & the S model with twin disc's.

There is good roll on with the 5 speeds, & as with any Overdrive 6 speed, you must change down when passing. The 5 speed is perfectly suited to NZ roads. Torque to burn! Top speed?? Well they must have a rev limiter, coz 2 bikes I opened up both cut out @ 200 kph???

Bike
    2012 Victory High Ball

Thumbs up

Thank you for all the answers so far.
    I will go for a High Ball. Just love the style. And it is anyway time to swap to a big bike. If all works well, i will got the money end of this year or beginning of the next.
    See you on the road.

Bike
    2012 Victory Highball
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowolf View Post
    Thank you for all the answers so far.
    I will go for a High Ball.
    I've got one of those

Happy to answer any questions
    Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet

Thread Information