Thread: GasGas rear wheel

Bike
    Suzuki DR650, Beta Xtrainer with CLAKE

GasGas rear wheel

Hi Guys

Does anybody know what other rear wheels are the same as Gas Gas EC300 2011, I know some Husky ones are, I am wanting to set up another rear wheel with a Trials tyre on it.

Any help appreciated
    Cheers Paul
    Check out our new website www.motomox.co.nz my very own sand pit with lots of cool toys

My bikes Suzuki DR650 2010, Beta Xtrainer 300 2016, Beta RR498 2014

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Your squeezing lemons in my eye. That is too much fun.....

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    Your squeezing lemons in my eye. That is too much fun.....
    Yeah I know I was lucky with the DT230, I could swap wheels in Minutes. Made it real easy
    Cheers Paul
    Check out our new website www.motomox.co.nz my very own sand pit with lots of cool toys

Bike
    some honda bits in a kx chassis
    Quote Originally Posted by Trials Rider View Post
    Yeah I know I was lucky with the DT230, I could swap wheels in Minutes. Made it real easy
    If you look over on the gasgas forum http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php, you might get better answers.
    The short of it however, I dont know if an exact crossover has been found, the Husky thing has not been confirmed.
    Was mention of an older CR wheel fitting right on, but that was never explained fully. If you could find a wheel with the same sprocket to disc diameter you could machine spacers and use bearings to accept the gasgas axle, but none of that is especially straight forward
    we may just go where no ones been

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Not wanting to hijack your thread, what were the wheels off? I'm thinking in the future of putting 17" rims on for Gymkhana. Well, maybe.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by noobi View Post
    If you look over on the gasgas forum http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/index.php, you might get better answers.
    The short of it however, I dont know if an exact crossover has been found, the Husky thing has not been confirmed.
    Was mention of an older CR wheel fitting right on, but that was never explained fully. If you could find a wheel with the same sprocket to disc diameter you could machine spacers and use bearings to accept the gasgas axle, but none of that is especially straight forward
    Yeah I had a look there but nothing confirmed as you say, I know the husky sprockets are the same but not sure what model etc.
    Cheers Paul

Bike
    Not wanting to hijack your thread, what were the wheels off? I'm thinking in the future of putting 17" rims on for Gymkhana. Well, maybe.
    Thats OK you can hijack my thread, I dont care , they were of a Yamaha WR200 1993 ish, I made a spacer for the front disc, other than that straight in.

I dont know what would have 17" rims to suit the DT, 17" mainly comes on ADV bikes
    Cheers Paul

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Thats OK you can hijack my thread, I dont care , they were of a Yamaha WR200 1993 ish, I made a spacer for the front disc, other than that straight in.

I dont know what would have 17" rims to suit the DT, 17" mainly comes on ADV bikes
    There is a DT 200 locally with a seized motor. I might pop over & do some measuring & a WR on trade me. I was going to get the hubs re-spoked & rimmed. Just one of many ideas at the mo.

The guy who has the DT competes on Huskys, 250 2t's. When I see him I will get some info on the wheels for you.

Bike
    some honda bits in a kx chassis
    Yeah I had a look there but nothing confirmed as you say, I know the husky sprockets are the same but not sure what model etc.
    Pretty much all huskies after ~2000, possible before then too, use the same rear sprocket as GasGas, which is also the same since forever.
    125,250,300 2 strokes, 250,310,449,450,510, 610 4 strokes?

I dont know if you saw this post, but its from this thread http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/sho...ossover&page=4

Preliminary results using 2000 EC300: 1999 Kawasaki KX 250 rear wheel will fit on Gas Gas with no modifications using GG chain drive axle spacer and Kawasaki brake side axle spacer. The GG axle is the correct diameter and everything seems to line up correctly as it is currently on the bike and spins fine. I also used both KX spacers and they both seem to work but the GG chain drive spacer seems to seat a little better than the KX which has a "mud cover". My next goal is the weigh both wheels with no tires/tubes to get a weight comparison. That will come with time! As a side note, I do believe that most KX/KDX wheels (2 stroke) are interchangable from about 1992 until 2003 (at least) and likely until 2007 (the end of Kawasaki 2 strokes). If anyone has any questions, feel free to contact me!

Eric

If you could find and measure it and compare you could probably pick up an old rim of a wrecked bike. I think the rear wheel set up changed slightly between 2000 and 2011, but it was interchangeable with the new style spacers, maybe.
    In that same thread they mention that husky rims have the same spoke pattern as gasgas, and they keep mentioning using husky wheels, so it could be worth trying if you could find one to compare.
    we may just go where no ones been

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    Pretty much all huskies after ~2000, possible before then too, use the same rear sprocket as GasGas, which is also the same since forever.

I dont know if you saw this post, but its from this thread http://www.gasgasrider.org/forum/sho...ossover&page=4

If you could find and measure it and compare you could probably pick up an old rim of a wrecked bike. I think the rear wheel set up changed slightly between 2000 and 2011, but it was interchangeable with the new style spacers, maybe.
    In that same thread they mention that husky rims have the same spoke pattern as gasgas, and they keep mentioning using husky wheels, so it could be worth trying if you could find one to compare.
    a 99 KX250 rear wheel also fits, KDX200's, KLX300's with a different disc, and all KX125/250/500's from about 1989 up, some discs are different on the early ones, but from about 93 they are the same

Bike
    There is a DT 200 locally with a seized motor. I might pop over & do some measuring & a WR on trade me. I was going to get the hubs re-spoked & rimmed. Just one of many ideas at the mo.

The guy who has the DT competes on Huskys, 250 2t's. When I see him I will get some info on the wheels for you.
    DT200 had drum rear brake, front might work though
    Cheers Paul

Bike

Ah brilliant thanks, I did miss that one, that is a good start anyway, looks like its out with the tape measure, verniers and micrometer.
    Cheers Paul

Bike
    2014,Gas Gas EC 450f
    Hi Guys

Does anybody know what other rear wheels are the same as Gas Gas EC300 2011, I know some Husky ones are, I am wanting to set up another rear wheel with a Trials tyre on it.

Any help appreciated
    A KLX 300 will fit,just be careful with the spacers on the brake side is a few mm shorter,but will slide straight in..I have fitted a set of KLX 300 to my EC450 F 2014 model.With road tyres

Thread Information