Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: NSR FXR, the new No45

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy man View Post
    that would make a good tui add lol

Just had my shock serviced...Yeah right.

Yip.

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    The geometry of the ZXR can be copied, and 17 inch wheels are not that hard to come by.

I don't think a huge number of bucket riders have any clue how much better their bikes would be if they chucked a set of emulators in it, and put a good shock in it. Not just finding a shock that fits either. Spring rates are important, but a shock that has done 10,000k's NEEDS to be serviced. New oil and seals. No fuckin exceptions! The oil in a shock works much harder than that in forks because it works at three times the speed.

All this gets completely forgotten on the majority of motorbikes, but on the track it starts becoming a big problem real fast, and most morons start complaining about tyres being too cold or crap.
    Yeah its a good investment for sure. Especially when you toast a near new tyre in 8 laps on a kart track.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by richban View Post
    Yeah its a good investment for sure. Especially when you toast a near new tyre in 8 laps on a kart track.
    It's a false economy to NOT do it. But the mind set is what it is, and although I enjoy the odd rant, I'm happy to let most idiots carry on that way.

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    It's a false economy to NOT do it. But the mind set is what it is, and although I enjoy the odd rant, I'm happy to let most idiots carry on that way.
    Yeah well when you don't know what your are doing and you start trying to get your head around it it all gets rather bloody intimidating. I am now getting my head around it sort of. I alway new that I was missing out on some handling. Especially when you are following fishie and you see him get on the gas about 2 seconds before you have any hope of twisting the throttle and surviving. I just thought enthusiasm and HP would remedy that. Game gets raised some more. Fun times

Bike
    93 kwacker zxr750
    some more psi will fix that

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy man View Post
    some more psi will fix that
    You calling me fat?

Bike
    Rattlecan blue
    You calling me fat?
    If he isn't, I will

The thought of you on a bike with power AND handling scares me a bit, I recon you should have to run golden boys instead of slicks.
    Stock is best

Bike
    NSR300 F3, ME BUCKET
    Quote Originally Posted by Henk View Post
    If he isn't, I will

The thought of you on a bike with power AND handling scares me a bit, I recon you should have to run golden boys instead of slicks.
    What does that involve? I hope you are not talking about urinating on my new bike?.

Could just mean I crash faster.

Bike
    93 kwacker zxr750

Unhappy

You calling me fat?
    no l'm the fat man so l know lol

Bike
    ninja 250
    So .... where do you find these emulator thingys then? (apart from in other people forks ... ) Are they straight forward enough to install?

Bike
    FXR150 Bucket, RM125
    My suspension needs to be serviced but a lot of my bike needs to be serviced and it's not happening for 1 reason... I'm too lazy. As soon as I can't keep up with the front runners I'll do something about it. I'm looking forward to you (trying) to kick my ass Rich, bring it on mate!! Can't wait for the intense battles to come!

My bike used to chew up Bridgestone supersoft slicks in 1 race but as soon as I went to a harder compound (i.e. a soft or medium) the tyre has just as much traction and it lasts a lot longer. I'm sure suspension plays a large part but so do the 'relatively' low forces and low heat that we are putting into the tyres (compared to 125gp bikes). There is also riding style too, and I know I like to take corners differently to, say, Andrew and Rich because I don't have quite as much power as them. You would be surprised how well a stock FXR handles with some minor adjustments to suspension (heavier weight fork oil and if you're lucky and don't get a stuffed stock FXR shock). It's still a POS compared to, say, a ZXR but you can still ride in the 43 second range on a well set up STOCK FXR. I wouldn't go spending a shart-load of cash on an FXR frame. At MOST I would do what Richard did with his FXR frame and buy a decent shock. I rode his FXR framed bucket recently and it handled nearly as well as my bike. Nearly.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    You wont catch me getting good suspension.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    FXR150 Bucket, RM125
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    You wont catch me getting good suspension.
    Didn't you just buy Aprilia forks.....?

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by hmurphy View Post
    My suspension needs to be serviced but a lot of my bike needs to be serviced and it's not happening for 1 reason... I'm too lazy. As soon as I can't keep up with the front runners I'll do something about it. I'm looking forward to you (trying) to kick my ass Rich, bring it on mate!! Can't wait for the intense battles to come!

My bike used to chew up Bridgestone supersoft slicks in 1 race but as soon as I went to a harder compound (i.e. a soft or medium) the tyre has just as much traction and it lasts a lot longer. I'm sure suspension plays a large part but so do the 'relatively' low forces and low heat that we are putting into the tyres (compared to 125gp bikes). There is also riding style too, and I know I like to take corners differently to, say, Andrew and Rich because I don't have quite as much power as them. You would be surprised how well a stock FXR handles with some minor adjustments to suspension (heavier weight fork oil and if you're lucky and don't get a stuffed stock FXR shock). It's still a POS compared to, say, a ZXR but you can still ride in the 43 second range on a well set up STOCK FXR. I wouldn't go spending a shart-load of cash on an FXR frame. At MOST I would do what Richard did with his FXR frame and buy a decent shock. I rode his FXR framed bucket recently and it handled nearly as well as my bike. Nearly.
    Did you pass year 11 english? Because that is one fuckin hard to read paragraph mate.

You're saying that if you're lucky and get an FXR without a fucked shock, and chuck in thicker fork oil you can achieve something that corners OK. Primo, for fuck all a rooted shock can be serviced, (ie new gas and oil), at TSS too though.

But I'm on the let 80cc MX motors in band wagon for now, once those power houses come in I could ride a hard tail and still beat everyone.

Bike
    FXR150 Bucket, RM125
    Did you pass year 11 english? Because that is one fuckin hard to read paragraph mate.
    Whoduvthunk?

You're saying that if you're lucky and get an FXR without a fucked shock, and chuck in thicker fork oil you can achieve something that corners OK.
    Yes.

But I'm on the let 80cc MX motors in band wagon for now, once those power houses come in I could ride a hard tail and still beat everyone.
    Could be a cool avenue to go down for racing, but might be a disaster in many ways. Would be cool if Glen can be bothered testing with one.

Thread Information