Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 1Tonne gear?

Bike
    Kawasaki ZX6R
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    Revit gear is rubbish. Gloves below I bought off another KBer who had not used them. Ive done 4 rides on em and they did this.
    Thats not a product issue mate, you got dupped by a KB'r ! Revit gear is pretty bloody good from my experience and I have some gloves from them very much like those ones (different coloring..just black) and have had them for years. I'd say some sort of chemical has been spilt on them at some point and has fu#ked the material...which has just fallen apart as you have used them. You can never make an accurate judgment on the quality of a product unless you have purchased them from the supplier brand new and know for yourself the complete history of the item.

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDR
    Yeah, the cloth I guess it is just pulls apart.
    I like pull apart bread.
    Nunquam Non Paratus

Bike
    Buell XB12Ss, KX250
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    How is 1Tonne's cusomter service when it comes repairs or resolving an issue?
    Most gear providers/suppliers will have a problem to deal with occassionally.
    I have had a couple of problems with a Revit jacket in recent times...on both occassions, the supplier and Revit, attended to the issue without any cost to me.
    I bought some leather pants (baillistic) from them recently. First time I put them on the crotch split.
    After emailing them asking if I could get them repaired locally, I got a prompt response, stating that was fine, and they simply asked for the receipt and my bank account number. Not happy about the minor bit of dodgey stitching, but glad how they handled it. The Alterations place said the rest of the pants were up to scratch, and was only the one small spot that had a problem.

I bought a jacket from them 12 months ago. The build quality of it seems great to me.
    Hope this helps.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles08 View Post
    Thats not a product issue mate, you got dupped by a KB'r ! Revit gear is pretty bloody good from my experience and I have some gloves from them very much like those ones (different coloring..just black) and have had them for years. I'd say some sort of chemical has been spilt on them at some point and has fu#ked the material...which has just fallen apart as you have used them. You can never make an accurate judgment on the quality of a product unless you have purchased them from the supplier brand new and know for yourself the complete history of the item.
    Excuse me?.....I sold the gloves to spokes and I can assure you, your assesment is very wrong.
    I bought them off someone whom I know, who had worn them maybe a dozen times? I never wore them and sold them for $40..from memory, in good condition.

Bike
    The Conscience
    Excuse me?.....I sold the gloves to spokes and I can assure you, your assesment is very wrong.
    I bought them off someone whom I know, who had worn them maybe a dozen times? I never wore them and sold them for $40..from memory, in good condition.
    Not pointing any fingers but if that is the way they are after less than 20 uses I would be getting them back to the Revit dealer, regardless of whether they were new or not. It looks like acid damage. Would be a bit rash to pass judgement on the entire range based on the experience of one set of second hand gloves.
    "It is by will alone I set my mind in motion"

Bike
    Joe2 the ALMIGHTY
    for the price u pay the 1tonne gear is very good. on the race type boots my zip kept braking, got it sorted in the end. after sale service for me has been great.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by GTRMAN View Post
    Not pointing any fingers but if that is the way they are after less than 20 uses I would be getting them back to the Revit dealer, regardless of whether they were new or not. It looks like acid damage. Would be a bit rash to pass judgement on the entire range based on the experience of one set of second hand gloves.
    They were fine when I sold them...post #4 shows the pic http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...-winter-gloves

I have never seen gloves disintergrate that quick to be honest.

Bike
    1990 Yamaha Virago XV1100
    Can we recap?

Someone reckons some gloves are crap - only worn four times.

He bought them second-hand from someone else.

That person bought them second-hand from someone else.

That person...?
    Can I believe the magic of your size... (The Shirelles)

Bike
    The Conscience
    They were fine when I sold them...post #4 shows the pic http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...-winter-gloves

I have never seen gloves disintergrate that quick to be honest.

Not calling your integrity into question at all, it's just that the only time I have ever seen damage like that was on a pair of jeans that had been exposed to battery acid, completely saturated with water to wash it out but when they dried out the remaining acid concentrated and destroyed the fabric

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles08 View Post
    Bullshit. I did get them from Maha and they were as new when I got them. I would trust Maha any day any time. He would not have known they would do that. I dont tend to put acid on my gloves before riding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by GTRMAN View Post
    Not calling your integrity into question at all, it's just that the only time I have ever seen damage like that was on a pair of jeans that had been exposed to battery acid, completely saturated with water to wash it out but when they dried out the remaining acid concentrated and destroyed the fabric
    I will play your game. If covered in acid, why has none of the other material shown damage?

Bike
    SF
    So spokes, how did the damage happen? It seems a weird spot to have abrasion and thus it looks to be a pretty non-abrasion resistant area. It's the wrist area near the thumb right? Is it possible that the seams split because the gloves are too small for your hands?

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    Had my RevIt gloves, boots and jacket for about 4 months now with no problems.
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    The Conscience
    I will play your game. If covered in acid, why has none of the other material shown damage?

No game dude, just curious. It looked similar to something I had seen.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by steve_t View Post
    So spokes, how did the damage happen? It seems a weird spot to have abrasion and thus it looks to be a pretty non-abrasion resistant area. It's the wrist area near the thumb right? Is it possible that the seams split because the gloves are too small for your hands?
    They are a little big if anything. Started on the cuff area. No I didnt have them really tight. Then the rest just happened riding.

Thread Information