Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The long life of my '99 TL1000S

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Quote Originally Posted by VFR400R View Post
    Done deposit paid. It will be a shed queen for a while as I tidy things up and strip clean, rebuild etc.

Plans are:
    1. Bitubo rear SOAS and rotary damper replacement.
    2. Front forks re value etc RT from KSS will be the man for the job and parts supplier for #1.

Later (when bank recovers)
    Rear hugger undertail tidy aka cosmetic touches.
    Congrats,fwiw bin the forks and buy a set off a K5 etc GSXR 750/1000,plenty on here whose mothers brothers sisters best mate who owned one back in 97 will protest but end of day cheap work better and you get the brakes as a bonus.Whilst its in the shed do the swingarm bearings etc as i reckon Suzuki had a blind man do it from the off.Post up when you get her home.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    2018 BMW R nine T Pure
    Quote Originally Posted by 98tls View Post
    Congrats,fwiw bin the forks and buy a set off a K5 etc GSXR 750/1000,plenty on here whose mothers brothers sisters best mate who owned one back in 97 will protest but end of day cheap work better and you get the brakes as a bonus.Whilst its in the shed do the swingarm bearings etc as i reckon Suzuki had a blind man do it from the off.Post up when you get her home.
    Ok it is home: see https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/s...S-Project-Bike

Bike
    Not many... If any...
    Just purchased a 97 TLS and by Christ the brakes are found wanting.... Any recommendations on where to purchase some braided lines?

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
    Just purchased a 97 TLS and by Christ the brakes are found wanting.... Any recommendations on where to purchase some braided lines?
    Throw away the 6 pot calipers to start with.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Christ won't help you. And his dad rides a hardly so brakes are not much of a feature. Suppose everyone or thing gets out of his way.

RF900, Late GSXR11 etc will give up its Nissin 4 pots. I just bought some for my RGV to replace miserable Tokikos.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Christ won't help you. And his dad rides a hardly so brakes are not much of a feature. Suppose everyone or thing gets out of his way.

RF900, Late GSXR11 etc will give up its Nissin 4 pots. I just bought some for my RGV to replace miserable Tokikos.
    Nah, SRAD gixxer will go. 320mm rotors on the TL. So RF won't work.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Sorry if disinformation. Usually they just present different fork lug spacing and run similar calipers I thought. Like R1 calipers fit older 320mm Yams despite early R1 being 298mm from memory of blurb.

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Somewhat after the fact but no matter fwiw TLS didnt have 6 pots oem came with previous mentioned 4 pots,TLR might have cant remember but doubt it,6 potters off Busas bolted straight up as i tried a set years back.To fit GSXR forks and use radial calipers spacers and longer caliper bolts needed with the TLS discs.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    husaberg
    Sorry if disinformation. Usually they just present different fork lug spacing and run similar calipers I thought. Like R1 calipers fit older 320mm Yams despite early R1 being 298mm from memory of blurb.
    The r1 is 310mm but the calipers do indeed fit and work with the 320MM disc as long as it on a TZR250 IKT FZR1000 or FZR250 with the single disc.
    There is a brembo 4 spot gold that fits that came std on the XJR's and i think TRX's as well in Jap spec.
    The other calipers from other Yams like the RZ250's can generally be replaced with Triumph spec Nissians of a certain age.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Which R1? First model was 298mm. I used some calipers on my YZF750SP and people use them on TDMs and just about anything.
    I have some Triumph calipers I bought by mistake when I abscent mindedly forgot my Yamaha was actually in Suzuki chassis. Must sell those at some stage.

Bike
    husaberg
    Which R1? First model was 298mm. I used some calipers on my YZF750SP and people use them on TDMs and just about anything.
    I have some Triumph calipers I bought by mistake when I abscent mindedly forgot my Yamaha was actually in Suzuki chassis. Must sell those at some stage.
    You are right Dave the later ones with the radials are 310mm.
    The guy with all the RD and RZ was building a special ask him if he wants the calipers.

https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/m...81-Intruder-VS
    The thing with he blue spots is not to get the very first model ones with the outside link pipe.

the brempbos for the Yamahas are off a
    XJR400*XJR1200*XJR1300
    AS far as i know they are the only ones made in 100mm pitch

to get them or the R1 calipers to work with a spoked wheel you need a disc spacer or another 3 model only special offset disc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Thread Information