Page 241 of 652 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243251291341 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,615 of 9776

Thread: Sidecar Racing

Bike
    Windle, MoBuilt, Fireblade, RS250, FZR4
    Quote Originally Posted by scrivy View Post
    I said greasy TRACK Kai..... Geez......
    giggidy

churr, hope they sort hampers out fr nats!!

Bike
    SPEED TRIPLE
    Couldn't race at puke due to trackwork, and now HD is getn work done a day before a big international meet??
    Rumor yesterday was that the contractors machinery wasn't functioning 100% (the polymer and additive mix top layer not up to temp?) but they laid it anyway.

lets race at taupo..... And i can stay home!
    Apparently Taupo are experiencing the exact same issues ... wonder if they use the same contractors?

Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    I went down there for a ride today, did not see much point in practice when there was a Triumph track day on as well....I was sitting on the bank watching the hairpin. Terry Martin ( Triumph Triple and sometime BMW sidecar starter) came thru on lap 2 had it nicely leaned over and bang down he went......on a rather random looking bit of new patch right in the apex. He got it up and restarted....
    I felt sorry for the Triumph Trackday fullus and fullesses, not really much of a go. But man there were some farken sexy Triumphs there.

Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    Nice to see the sidecar ladies today on their big beasty Triumphs
    Was a nice pootle upto HD, Tracey and I swapped bikes ... I must say, I think I am falling for the 675
    No body move... I dropped my brain

Bike
    Other peoples weapons....

Only got Saturday races in........... BMW cracked a piston, and thankfully we caught it just before it went bang..............

GEEZUZ GORDY!!! You're fucken hard on gear!!! I never got to wring it's neck............. You wrecked my turn eh!!
    Is it still beastiality if ya fuck a frozen chicken??

Bike
    00 Gixxer 750 and ZX10 tricycle

Only got Saturday races in........... BMW cracked a piston, and thankfully we caught it just before it went bang..............

GEEZUZ GORDY!!! You're fucken hard on gear!!! I never got to wring it's neck............. You wrecked my turn eh!!
    You know he's gonna blame the swinger for that :/
    Built for speed, not for comfort

Bike
    BSA A10
    Only got Saturday races in........... BMW cracked a piston, and thankfully we caught it just before it went bang.....
    What one? was it the one that got damaged when we rode it?

How did you go up until then?
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DPP_0004.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	501.0 KB 
ID:	278290Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DPP_0003.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	319.8 KB 
ID:	278289Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DPP_0002.JPG 
Views:	25 
Size:	319.7 KB 
ID:	278288Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DPP_0001.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	324.7 KB 
ID:	278287

time to fix agip bike,

rebuild rear shock (hopefully) and re-grease all the pivot points on the swingarm/suspension.

Doesn't look like there are bearings in the swingarm, just gets 2 big bolts holding it in.. thought there would be more to it actually.

Didn't seem to any slop or play anywhere so will clean it out and re-grease. chuck shock back in and hope that might help the handling.

Doing the brakes too, rebuild all calipers and the master cylinders and spend some time with the bias setup trying to get the slop out of it and find out how to work it and setup the bias hopefully.

Then it'll be test session time to see if any improvement! hope so.

Bike
    BSA A10
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    a red heap
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    What one? was it the one that got damaged when we rode it?

How did you go up until then?
    It was th one in your side, so its your fault. Had stress cracks in it, from overloading i suspect.

Apparently it was handling abit funny too .. . .

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    [QUOTE/Somehomo]

time to fix agip bike,

rebuild rear shock (hopefully) and re-grease all the pivot points on the swingarm/suspension.

Doesn't look like there are bearings in the swingarm, just gets 2 big bolts holding it in.. thought there would be more to it actually.

Didn't seem to any slop or play anywhere so will clean it out and re-grease. chuck shock back in and hope that might help the handling.

Doing the brakes too, rebuild all calipers and the master cylinders and spend some time with the bias setup trying to get the slop out of it and find out how to work it and setup the bias hopefully.

Then it'll be test session time to see if any improvement! hope so.[/QUOTE]I would hope there are bearings in the swing arm pivot, but might be bushes.

Bike
    Other peoples weapons....
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    It was th one in your side, so its your fault. Had stress cracks in it, from overloading i suspect.

Apparently it was handling abit funny too .. . .
    YIP! It was Kicks side. I don't know how engines work, but it was Kicks side - so his pie consumption is to blame.... Period.

It wasn't handling funny, it was the clown swinging on it.....

We were so lucky to have pulled it down for a look, otherwise it clearly would have gone BANG.
    Tell tales signs of the oil bottle being filled, and the amount of gases coming out also at idle were the clincher..... compression tested ok, so another WTF moment. I told Bob I wasn't happy going out with it like that, so he thought he'd like a closer look.... Thank fuck he did.

Anyway, was good to watch the races from the apartment having a few bevvies instead.....
    Tracey and her brother Bryan were going hard on their first time out. Chris and Richie had some great battles with them too. JB and Rat won all their races, and the sitters of Nev and Willy were as usual, putting on a great spectacle!!
    Is it still beastiality if ya fuck a frozen chicken??

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    I would hope there are bearings in the swing arm pivot, but might be bushes.
    see photo..

just bushes it looks like, not sure what they are made out of. Will take it to the parts washer n clean all the shit out of it. Put fresh grease in everywhere.

Shock is in the shop finally, hoping they pull it apart asap and rebuild it. See how much it costs/what it comes back like and if its worth it will do the front as well.

pulling all the brake gear off the bike and get into refreshing all that.

Will take front swingarm off later today and see what else I can occupy myself with.

(edit: see how the swing arm is attached to the bike, just a bolt on each side. not even particularly big bolts. I thought there would have been a big shaft that went right the way through. Oh well, its made it this far in life it obviously works)

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie View Post
    see photo..

just bushes it looks like, not sure what they are made out of. Will take it to the parts washer n clean all the shit out of it. Put fresh grease in everywhere.

Shock is in the shop finally, hoping they pull it apart asap and rebuild it. See how much it costs/what it comes back like and if its worth it will do the front as well.

pulling all the brake gear off the bike and get into refreshing all that.

Will take front swingarm off later today and see what else I can occupy myself with.

(edit: see how the swing arm is attached to the bike, just a bolt on each side. not even particularly big bolts. I thought there would have been a big shaft that went right the way through. Oh well, its made it this far in life it obviously works)

Hmmm, must be a pressed fit bush since the bolts just go straight into it. Those M10 bolts are high tensile items, they are plenty big enough.

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by Stirts View Post

Was a nice pootle upto HD, Tracey and I swapped bikes ... I must say, I think I am falling for the 675
    Back of the line for you young lady.
    The best part of the weekend was thrashing it home trying to keep up with the 636, its a very cool little bike.
    I suppose gordy told you I was spanking my monkey all the way, I should have got one of those instead of that stupid RSV1000 a few years ago.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    I was talking to Will ( Triumph pre unit) at the prize giving and he said that was his last event.

Kick should have come up for then street races ......at Pie Roa.... he'd have to drink L and P though......
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Those M10 bolts are high tensile items, they are plenty big enough.
    chur, good to know. back into it for me.

Thread Information