Page 542 of 652 FirstFirst ... 42442492532540541542543544552592642 ... LastLast
Results 8,116 to 8,130 of 9776

Thread: Sidecar Racing

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    who has a sidecar with an obd plug?
    How the fuck did that happen. No checky linky.
    I meant this.
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=963318054

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    How the fuck did that happen. No checky linky.
    I meant this.
    I admire the honesty - 31hp at the crank and few spares.

Looks like an Imp wouldn't be hard to fit.

Bike
    As many as I can get away with
    Yeah it needs a bit of a bomb under it. I sold a spare engine to the original owner (before Max bought it) of that rig a few years ago (actually I've still got the four cylinder magneto off it in my shed somewhere if someone wants it). I also "loaned" him a Cosworth cam to copy the lobe profiles to make a better cam for it....haven't seen the bloody thing back again. Must chase that up

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    I admire the honesty - 31hp at the crank.
    It would probably be more effective to just have curry the night before racing seeing as it's a semi kneeler.

Bike
    a red heap
    Looks like an Imp wouldn't be hard to fit.
    its a shame that only air cooled twins were raced back in the day.

Bike
    suzuki
    its a shame that only air cooled twins were raced back in the day.
    and minis

Bike
    a red heap
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    and minis
    there were none of those either.

Bike
    Exercycle
    there were none of those either.
    Are you telling us that the Register (I'm assuming it's them you're dealing with) are saying that they want to be true to genuine NZ racing history in the sidecar class ? Fuck me, they've deliberately fostered false history in the solos for years...which is why I have nothing to do with them.
    Minis - ha, period tests show 15hp at the wheels for a stock 850...
    Swarfie, the Cosworth cam for that FPF I'd be prepared to bet has BSA Gold Star profiles on it....

Bike
    motocompo
    Are you telling us that the Register (I'm assuming it's them you're dealing with) are saying that they want to be true to genuine NZ racing history in the sidecar class ? Fuck me, they've deliberately fostered false history in the solos for years...which is why I have nothing to do with them.
    Swarfie, the Cosworth cam for that FPF I'd be prepared to bet has BSA Gold Star profiles on it....
    Na, its a genuine history, based solely on what an enthusiastic amateur on minimum wage could knock up in their shed in Wanganui with bits sourced from the local car & bike wreckers.
    With the addition of brand new six speed gearboxes & 20k Maney engines.

Bike
    As many as I can get away with
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Na, its a genuine history, based solely on what an enthusiastic amateur on minimum wage could knock up in their shed in Wanganui with bits sourced from the local car & bike wreckers.
    With the addition of brand new six speed gearboxes & 20k Maney engines.

But not genuine four cylinder engines of oriental origin....apparently....according to some...

Bike
    a red heap
    no not the register just some one eyed individuals, who when asked for their opinion of new class rules for pre 72 (which included Japanese) basically all wrote rules which advantaged their own outfits.

I was basically told I was a retarded for suggesting we just use the aussie rules, with 2 amendments so current machinery is still eligible.

It seems you can have a remanufactured pom bomb made in 2015 to what ever specs you please, but if you want to run a std 41 year old jap motor it has to run the same oil it left the factory with.

One competitor even said "we don't want 3 or 4 cylinder engines as it will be too much like the 70's again", I kinda thought that was the point of historic racing.

Anyway it doesn't bother me, I've just ordered a remanufactured Konig engine which should be 160hp when run on methanol, just to fit in with the rules.

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    Dam this sounds like a load a dam bollocks. The Australin sim rules is the logical set as fa as I am concerned
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

I love my job Call 0223210319--AKA Shaun

Bike
    Other peoples weapons....
    Anyway it doesn't bother me, I've just ordered a remanufactured Konig engine which should be 160hp when run on methanol, just to fit in with the rules.
    Did that sponsor finally front up?!
    Is it still beastiality if ya fuck a frozen chicken??

Bike
    Exercycle
    no not the register just some one eyed individuals, who when asked for their opinion of new class rules for pre 72 (which included Japanese) basically all wrote rules which advantaged their own outfits.

I was basically told I was a retarded for suggesting we just use the aussie rules, with 2 amendments so current machinery is still eligible.

It seems you can have a remanufactured pom bomb made in 2015 to what ever specs you please, but if you want to run a std 41 year old jap motor it has to run the same oil it left the factory with.

One competitor even said "we don't want 3 or 4 cylinder engines as it will be too much like the 70's again", I kinda thought that was the point of historic racing.

So where and how does the Hoggley fit in ?
    Time for a takeover of the committee with some people who might stop the register's habit of running "closed to club" meetings to rules not in the MNZ rulebook.

I'm still working on the owner of the Ex White/Hooper Honda outfit to get it out - but he's got major family probs at present so it's on the back burner.
    If we can get it to a Southern festival, be interesting to see the NI guys reactions.....

Bike
    a red heap
    Quote Originally Posted by scrivy View Post
    Did that sponsor finally front up?!
    I wish, I cant even get anybody to sponsor me beer for a race meet.

I'm still working on the owner of the Ex White/Hooper Honda outfit to get it out - but he's got major family probs at present so it's on the back burner.
    If we can get it to a Southern festival, be interesting to see the NI guys reactions.....
    their heads are so far up their own arses I doubt they would even notice it.

Thread Information