Page 543 of 652 FirstFirst ... 43443493533541542543544545553593643 ... LastLast
Results 8,131 to 8,145 of 9776

Thread: Sidecar Racing

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun Harris View Post
    Dam this sounds like a load a dam bollocks. The Australin sim rules is the logical set as fa as I am concerned
    Well join the NZSRA, come to the AGM at Hampton & give them all a jolly good shouting at about it. Bring your water bottle too & squirt the ones that argue with you. Id love to see that again, it was priceless.

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Well join the NZSRA, come to the AGM at Hampton & give them all a jolly good shouting at about it. Bring your water bottle too & squirt the ones that argue with you. Id love to see that again, it was priceless.

Haha, they dam well deserved that, useless buggers
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

I love my job Call 0223210319--AKA Shaun

Bike
    Other peoples weapons....
    Gordie, have you gotten hold of Bobs password again...?
    Is it still beastiality if ya fuck a frozen chicken??

Bike
    motocompo
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun Harris View Post
    Haha, they dam well deserved that, useless buggers
    That was when you went to help push start Tracey on the line at Manfield when she stalled & you squirted the official that tried to stop you helping.

Bike
    a red heap
    Quote Originally Posted by scrivy View Post
    Gordie, have you gotten hold of Bobs password again...?
    no, I've never seen Shaun squirt.

Bike
    a red heap
    anyhow....

can anybody tell me why nobody uses bearings in the pivot point between the fork and front swinging arm?

Everybody seems to have a hardon for bushes (calm down Scrivy).

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    That was when you went to help push start Tracey on the line at Manfield when she stalled & you squirted the official that tried to stop you helping.

sure was, the dam race had not even started, and they just stood there and did nothing FFS I did apologise to the official later on though,m as they are volunteers and appreciated, but bet he learnt a good lesson for the future in case lol Once a chair racer, always one I guess.
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by nodrog View Post
    anyhow....

can anybody tell me why nobody uses bearings in the pivot point between the fork and front swinging arm?

Ours has bushes, but it must be the only moving part on the chassis that we haven't rebuilt. Instead we had to make new bushes rather than chop the bottom off the fork legs.

But if that point were to ever be replaced, it'd get bearings.

Shit, the gear lever pivot is bearings on ours at the moment...but it's prolly getting done away with.

Bike
    Normally Suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Ours has bushes, but it must be the only moving part on the chassis that we haven't rebuilt. Instead we had to make new bushes rather than chop the bottom off the fork legs.

But if that point were to ever be replaced, it'd get bearings.

Shit, the gear lever pivot is bearings on ours at the moment...but it's prolly getting done away with.

Curious, why would you do away with bearing pivot points, and what is better than a bearing acting as such then?
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

Bike
    Exercycle
    anyhow....

Well BMW always used bearings in their Earles forks...But bushes are more tolerant of misalignment (read that as, a damm good and rigid jig is needed to keep them in alignment when the fork is welded...) So for the average punter, bushes are easier.
    That said, i've always been amazed at the Speedway chairs using bushes for the steering head...

Bike
    a red heap
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Well BMW always used bearings in their Earles forks...But bushes are more tolerant of misalignment (read that as, a damm good and rigid jig is needed to keep them in alignment when the fork is welded...) So for the average punter, bushes are easier.
    That said, i've always been amazed at the Speedway chairs using bushes for the steering head...
    I thought it may have had something to do with soaking up bumps or something, but I would have thought all the force is basically transferred from the axle straight up into the front shocks.

the windle front end I have in my shed has these funny urethane bushes that are all flogged out.

Bike
    Normally Suzuki

Had to be some thing logical like that. Bearings are made to go around ( Move) Bushes are made to fill in spaces
    shaun@motodynamix.co.nz

Bike
    Other peoples weapons....
    no, I've never seen Shaun squirt.
    Bob, have you got Gordies login password??
    Is it still beastiality if ya fuck a frozen chicken??

Bike
    Exercycle
    I thought it may have had something to do with soaking up bumps or something, but I would have thought all the force is basically transferred from the axle straight up into the front shocks.

the windle front end I have in my shed has these funny urethane bushes that are all flogged out.
    machining urethane has defeated some good machinists...but a rough bugger like me can do it.
    Replacements can be made...at a cost.....

Bike
    a red heap
    machining urethane has defeated some good machinists...but a rough bugger like me can do it.
    Replacements can be made...at a cost.....
    I used to run the machine shop at a plastic manufacturing firm, piece of piss. pity I don't have a cnc machine at home.

I'm not using that windle front end, just have it here to look at, will be making one from scratch.

Thread Information