Page 640 of 652 FirstFirst ... 140540590630638639640641642650 ... LastLast
Results 9,586 to 9,600 of 9776

Thread: Sidecar Racing

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler View Post
    just checked, the kneeler was a g80 then haleys comet was the 7R with duplex steering. i remember he built a sidecar once with the petrol pump operated through the rear suspension, he was racing at whakatane and fuel starvation was an issue as the track was so smooth so he got the swinger to jump up and down as much as possible to make it supply enough fuel
    The bike I snapped according to Mo was version 3. 7R powered, don't remember duplex steering, I'll have to find the print and scan it.
    Looks absolutely out of place on a grid of conventional bikes - and at that time Mo was very tall and skinny so he towers over it.
    Anyone else remember Mo's original hair colour ? He went silver very early on.

And husa - pretty well all Mo's solos were kneelers. He may have been involved with the twin 500 Triumphs put into a manx frame...I've seen pics of it in I think a Classic Bike mag and someone wrote in and reckoned Mo had built it. Never got the chance to ask him.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    The bike I snapped according to Mo was version 3. 7R powered, don't remember duplex steering, I'll have to find the print and scan it.
    Looks absolutely out of place on a grid of conventional bikes - and at that time Mo was very tall and skinny so he towers over it.
    Anyone else remember Mo's original hair colour ? He went silver very early on.

And husa - pretty well all Mo's solos were kneelers. He may have been involved with the twin 500 Triumphs put into a manx frame...I've seen pics of it in I think a Classic Bike mag and someone wrote in and reckoned Mo had built it. Never got the chance to ask him.
    i made the mistake of saying hi maurice one day....
    the twin 500's was a skilton project from paihiatua.

Bike
    none at moment
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    It might be the blue chassis Colin had then, used to ridden by a shortarse as it had tie rods back to handlebars mounted behind the steering head

There was another chassis Bill had which he didn't use and he sold

This chassis was sold to a guy in Invercargill, didn't hear anythin about if for ages and somehow a few years later it ended up with Anthony Stephens who I think sold it to Graeme and then to John Lowther who fitted the motor
    Hey Kickaha, think you've just shed light on a frame i had which was blue and had the tie rod setup you mentioned. Couldn't work out what engine it had as even an old Katana 750 seemed to big for it so assumed it must of run a 650 twin?. Gave the frame to a mates father up north, not sure what engine they were going to put in it. Was fairly primitive and think the rear suspension was a rubber block.

Bike
    none at moment
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    Seen this today, gee ya all years behind old Mo.
    First pic I have seen of one of his outfits seen plenty of his solos.
    Anyone have any more.
    Hey Husa i now own two Mo Haley sidecars one originally raced by Dave Beresford and Vince Stuer, the other was raced by Kevin Wendt. Both are Hub steered and won a NZ title in their day.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Here's a sidecar for you blokes . Phil Richards at Gracefield .
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13529202_1747788775464516_9058370705648801571_n.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	34.3 KB 
ID:	322835

I first came across him at Porirua early 70's dressed in white,white Bell and leathers etc. Not many of us in white or colours in those days.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    Here's a sidecar for you blokes . Phil Richards at Gracefield .

I first came across him at Porirua early 70's dressed in white,white Bell and leathers etc. Not many of us in white or colours in those days.
    Good god...the frame and forks on the early ones were too flexible for a quick solo, I can't imagine what that was like.

Edit - and the brakes, shudder...piss poor on a solo.

Bike
    Exercycle
    Looks like you were right Spyda about the duplex steering - unless it's short leading link. Mo couldn't remember if it was '56 or '57.
    Most of the 7R's brought into NZ are in the first 3 rows, LOL, it's the Junior GP grid. Note he's on the second row...
    Didn't see a lot of 350 manxes till a couple of years later.
    I told Mo I had the pic and when he said he didn't have any of that bike, i had it copied and enlarged and gave him a copy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mo at Cust '56 or '57.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	114.4 KB 
ID:	322850  

Bike
    suzuki
    Looks like you were right Spyda about the duplex steering - unless it's short leading link. Mo couldn't remember if it was '56 or '57.
    Most of the 7R's brought into NZ are in the first 3 rows, LOL, it's the Junior GP grid. Note he's on the second row...
    Didn't see a lot of 350 manxes till a couple of years later.
    I told Mo I had the pic and when he said he didn't have any of that bike, i had it copied and enlarged and gave him a copy.
    cemetery circuit 1956 answers the hair colour q...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1120308.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	536.7 KB 
ID:	322851  

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Good god...the frame and forks on the early ones were too flexible for a quick solo, I can't imagine what that was like.

Edit - and the brakes, shudder...piss poor on a solo.
    too true Grumph ! I believe he used to unhook the sidecar and race in solos ????????????

He was a bit of a star and then strangely disappeared as fast as he had arrived ??
    I Don't know any more than that.

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by wildman View Post
    Hey Kickaha, think you've just shed light on a frame i had which was blue and had the tie rod setup you mentioned. Couldn't work out what engine it had as even an old Katana 750 seemed to big for it so assumed it must of run a 650 twin?. Gave the frame to a mates father up north, not sure what engine they were going to put in it. Was fairly primitive and think the rear suspension was a rubber block.
    I didn't ever see it with a motor in it, sat under a carport down here for years then I think it was sold maybe as part of the deceased estate after Colin died, I'm not sure where he got it from

Rubber block seemed to be common for that era, maybe something out of a Mini suspension?

Means the one on TM definitely came from Bill
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by jellywrestler;
    cemetery circuit 1956 answers the hair colour q...
    The bike looks tiny doesn't it. When i gave Mo the pic, we had a discussion as to how the Register would deal with either the original revived or a replica...At that time we reckoned the register would simply not accept it. And agreed that if it was found somewhere, it would undoubtedly be cut up and rebuilt into a standard 7R as NZ built specials had no value....

Bike
    suzuki
    The bike looks tiny doesn't it. When i gave Mo the pic, we had a discussion as to how the Register would deal with either the original revived or a replica...At that time we reckoned the register would simply not accept it. And agreed that if it was found somewhere, it would undoubtedly be cut up and rebuilt into a standard 7R as NZ built specials had no value....
    the value of Bucephalus came up lately and the same conclusion was drawn, it's gone to a good home as a result, if it had a huge value things might have been different....

Bike
    Exercycle
    the value of Bucephalus came up lately and the same conclusion was drawn, it's gone to a good home as a result, if it had a huge value things might have been different....
    I rebuilt Dick's 500 Norton twin for a guy here. I reckon the frame bits which weren't used on Bucephalus when it was built were used on the 500...The arm was certainly not an 88 one, very light. Lot of very odd stuff done to that one too.
    Is Dick still alive ?

Bike
    suzuki
    I rebuilt Dick's 500 Norton twin for a guy here. I reckon the frame bits which weren't used on Bucephalus when it was built were used on the 500...The arm was certainly not an 88 one, very light. Lot of very odd stuff done to that one too.
    Is Dick still alive ?
    no Dick fell off his perch earlier this year, he needed to go, no quality in life any more, he'd done his time

Bike
    husaberg
    no Dick fell off his perch earlier this year, he needed to go, no quality in life any more, he'd done his time
    Bummer I have a write up from the CMRR on dick and "king Arthurs steed" somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Thread Information