Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Suzuki's sport tourer: GSX1250FA review.

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    Thanks, but a hugger only stops the dirt from being thrown into the suspension, it doesn't stop it being thrown up the back of the bike. I will propbably add a hugger at some stage, but of more immediate concern is a simple mudflap at the rear.
    Fix your driveway.

Problem solved.

When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Concours 14, S10
    Thanks, but a hugger only stops the dirt from being thrown into the suspension, it doesn't stop it being thrown up the back of the bike. I will propbably add a hugger at some stage, but of more immediate concern is a simple mudflap at the rear.
    Yeah, the one on my Connie is good at both protecting the shock and splattering my topbox!

Bike
    bandit
    I'm pleased you like it ... I have a "real" one .. an 09 1250 bought from new ...

The headlight .. I raised mine - as you say, main beam was where I expected dip to be on the road .. raising it helps a lot ... It's now OK at night ... but OK is only average ...

I have no issues with the mirrors .. I can see the whole road behind me .. (I do see parts of my elbows) . maybe I'm just smaller (or not as fat)

The speedo is about 10% out ... so showing 109 at a real 100 klicks is about right ... that 10% continues right through the speeds ...

I replaced the rear can with a Beowulf carbon fibre can .. (http://beowulf-performance-products.com/) sounds heaps better - and the standard one weights in at 6.5kilos .. hung off one side of the bike .. the Beowulf can is only two ks ... (when it arrived I thought the box was empty) .. and it fits on with no retuning needed. It makes the bike feel better too - slight increase in hp .. but mstly better breathing ...

The other mods I've made are a Beowulf radiator cover (peace of mind so it doesn't get a rock through it ...) and braided lines from www.justbandits.com. I've done 45,000ks on the bike and the right hand disc rotor is starting to show signs of movement around the rivets .. but not on the left side .. My cousin's bike has it worse ... if you look at the standard lines, one goes from the handlebar master cyclinder to the right side caliper, then drops over the front guard to the left side calpier ... so the pressure hits the right caliper, then the left .. the new braided lines have two lines from the master cycliner - one to each caliper .. I think that should even out the braking pressure betweeen the cylinders .. and the braided lines feel more positive than the standard ones.

The legal speed limit is a serious issue - my 1250 absolutely purrs and handles like a dream at 180 klicks ... behind cars at 100 klicks I kick it down two gears to pass ... it will pass most vehicles in their own length in fourth gear ...

It's got to be the best thing I have ever ridden ..
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    bandit
    Quote Originally Posted by Edbear View Post

You really need both. You'll miss the 650 like crazy but you'll love the 1250 for what it is!
    YEAH and YEAH .. I have both !!!! Stunning bikes !!!!
    "So if you meet me, have some sympathy, have some courtesy, have some taste ..."

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Nice write-up by both you and Hitcher (the other thread)..
    In the add on the one I am looking to buy it says 'This GSX comes with a new 12 month WOF, 6 months rego, 24 months warranty and a full tank of 98.'
    Yet you use 91 Octane?...any reason for that? when you used five tanks of 98 prior which is the recommended fuel.
    Are you more than happy with 91?

I concur about the tyre comment, I have just put T30's on the Yamaha and they will be swapped over to the TNAB.

Bike
    2014 DL1000 V-Strom L4, KTM 400 EXC
    Blog Entries
    I'm about to do stage two on mine.

O2 sensor out, secondaries out, air box and filter drilled and opened up, power commander etc. All of which will make the front end a bit lighter on take off

Bike
    2017 Suzuki Dl1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    ...Yet you use 91 Octane?...any reason for that? when you used five tanks of 98 prior which is the recommended fuel.
    Are you more than happy with 91?

I concur about the tyre comment, I have just put T30's on the Yamaha and they will be swapped over to the TNAB.
    The owners manual recommends 91.

I am now over 13000km and 91 just suits the bike better. It seems to run smoother, but best all, I get 19 km/l on open road cruising on 91 compared to 16 km/l on 95 or 98. I haven't really tried the higher octanes on commuting as the TNAB is now almost exclusively used for long distance riding and the DR650 is used for commuting.

Around Hamilton (I hate city riding) the TNAB dropped to 15.5 km/l on 91. Next time I'm up there I'll try 95 for commuting and see if there is any difference. That is likely to be in June.
    Time to ride

Bike
    04 GSF600N,04 KDX200,
    Tell me , it is mention further back about changing to 4th gear to overtake, can this bike not just twist and go in top gear and have plenty of power to overtake quickly ?.

and also doe's the full fairing prevent new tarsealing shingle getting caught where the 4 header pipes join into 1. A real pain on my naked 600 Bandit.

Bike
    2017 Suzuki Dl1000
    Quote Originally Posted by mc4aregreat View Post
    Tell me , it is mention further back about changing to 4th gear to overtake, can this bike not just twist and go in top gear and have plenty of power to overtake quickly ?.

and also doe's the full fairing prevent new tarsealing shingle getting caught where the 4 header pipes join into 1. A real pain on my naked 600 Bandit.
    Around town, in 50 kmh areas, it is probably best to change down to 4th to overtake, but on the open road 6th gear is fine.

The full fairing helps, but a fender extender helps even more.
    Time to ride

Bike
    Had a 2007 Suzuki C50T Boulevard
    Around town, in 50 kmh areas, it is probably best to change down to 4th to overtake, but on the open road 6th gear is fine.

The full fairing helps, but a fender extender helps even more.
    I found sixth fine once over 65km/h. Engine like an electric motor with torque from any revs! If you twist it at 80km/h you better be expecting it!
    You don't get to be an old dog without learning a few tricks.
    Shorai Powersports batteries are very trick!

Bike
    K1300R

Holy crap. If the Bandit 1250 doesn't have enough roll on power in top gear, then nothing does!
    Whats he building in there??

Bike
    2017 Suzuki Dl1000
    Tell me , it is mention further back about changing to 4th gear to overtake, can this bike not just twist and go in top gear and have plenty of power to overtake quickly ?.....
    I've re-read the entire thread and I can't find any mention of using 4th gear to overtake. Can you point us to the post?
    Time to ride

Bike
    KTM 1190 Adv R and a bunch of dirties
    Quote Originally Posted by Banditbandit View Post
    ....behind cars at 100 klicks I kick it down two gears to pass ... it will pass most vehicles in their own length in fourth gear ...
    I've re-read the entire thread and I can't find any mention of using 4th gear to overtake. Can you point us to the post?
    Fourth = 4th
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Bike
    18 Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    I tested this bike quite thoroughly. The spec is just fantastic and it is certainly a great tourer. It was really comfy and the Mrs loved it.

I just didn't like the then new 1250 engine at all. I am sure there are a lot of cheap mods with the airbox/exhaust en all, but it just wan't for me at that time.

I would not ever overtake in 4th gear, unless I was on the motorway. I'd just make sure I was around 5000 revs and be in whatever gear corresponds

Labouring gears, rather then changing, is a big no no in my book. Get a scooter if you want to do that.

Bike
    2013 Hayabusa
    Quote Originally Posted by Banditbandit View Post
    I'm pleased you like it ... I have a "real" one .. an 09 1250 bought from new ...

The legal speed limit is a serious issue - my 1250 absolutely purrs and handles like a dream at 180 klicks ... behind cars at 100 klicks I kick it down two gears to pass ... it will pass most vehicles in their own length in fourth gear ...

It's got to be the best thing I have ever ridden ..

I think he is referring to this comment by Banditbandit.

Thread Information