Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1tonne jacket?

Bike
    2004 Suzuki GN125

Thumbs up 1tonne jacket?

Hey ladies,

Does anyone have this jacket? http://www.1tonne.co.nz/index.php?pa...=&categoryid=2
    I'm wondering how far down it goes. Will it ride up when you lean forward and make you freezing?
    I know that some ladies jackets are cropped/shorter for style.

Don't want to end up freezing my arse off!

Loz

Bike
    SPEED TRIPLE
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozza2442 View Post
    Hey ladies,

Does anyone have this jacket? http://www.1tonne.co.nz/index.php?pa...=&categoryid=2
    I'm wondering how far down it goes. Will it ride up when you lean forward and make you freezing?
    I know that some ladies jackets are cropped/shorter for style.

Don't want to end up freezing my arse off!

Loz
    Don't you wear anything under your jacket?

That jacket comes with an "8 inch trouser connector", so you will be able to zip them to your pants. Just need someone with some sewing skills to get the zip onto your pants and/or buy 1tonne pants to match SHOPPING!!!!
    No body move... I dropped my brain

Bike
    2004 Suzuki GN125
    Quote Originally Posted by Stirts View Post
    Don't you wear anything under your jacket?

That jacket comes with an "8 inch trouser connector", so you will be able to zip them to your pants. Just need someone with some sewing skills to get the zip onto your pants and/or buy 1tonne pants to match SHOPPING!!!!
    Bahahaha yes good point! Shall have to get some long merino singlets to tuck in

I'm getting Kevlar Jeans cause I want something that could double as workwear on Casual Fridays, so I guess I'll just get zip put in the top of them! Could prob put the zip on the inside of the waistband so it's not too obvious. May be a bit prickly though...

Ahhhh shopping... *stares wistfully into space*
    Need to win lotto so I can shop everyday..

Bike
    SPEED TRIPLE
    Bahahaha yes good point! Shall have to get some long merino singlets to tuck in
    Or some nanna knickers that go all the way to your tits

Could prob put the zip on the inside of the waistband so it's not too obvious. May be a bit prickly though..
    Nah, not if the clever sewerer puts some form of protective/elasticated piece of material between the zip and your nanna knickers.

Bike
    2004 Suzuki GN125

Nah, not if the clever sewerer puts some form of protective/elasticated piece of material between the zip and your nanna knickers.
    I like the part where it says "Barely there"
    Is that your pair?

Ooo good idea. Elastic for the win!

Bike
    SPEED TRIPLE
    Is that your pair?
    Yes

They are a great safety mechanism while riding... you don't want your fanny getting flossed by a sexy g-string when you have a sphincter moment on your bike, it gets rather distracting.

Ooo good idea. Elastic for the win!
    Hey now, don't be getting all excitable just yet. I am far from a sewer, you will need to talk to the professionals to see if it is doable

Bike
    2004 Suzuki GN125
    Yes

They are a great safety mechanism while riding... you don't want your fanny getting flossed by a sexy g-string when you have a sphincter moment on your bike, it gets rather distracting.
    That does sound uncomfortable, I shall make sure I am fully equipped!

Hey now, don't be getting all excitable just yet. I am far from a sewer, you will need to talk to the professionals to see if it is doable
    I'm sure if I just throw money at them and "make it rain" they'll make it happen somehow.

Bike
    2006 Hyosung GT650R
    If you are worried about getting cold, then kevlar jeans will not be any use to you. A proper pair of bike pants are several orders of magnitude warmer than any pair of jeans.
    "I am a licenced motorcycle instructor, I agree with dangerousbastard, no point in repeating what he said."
    "read what Steve says. He's right."
    "What Steve said pretty much summed it up."
    "I did axactly as you said and it worked...!!"
    "Wow, Great advise there DB."
    WTB: Hyosung bikes or going or not.

Bike
    2004 Suzuki GN125
    Quote Originally Posted by CookMySock View Post
    If you are worried about getting cold, then kevlar jeans will not be any use to you. A proper pair of bike pants are several orders of magnitude warmer than any pair of jeans.
    Ahk I shall have a look at them then

Bike
    Its a Boat

I can see a piss stain!..or is that lady juice?

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    You are all class Maha.....

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Many years of dedication and self denial has helped pave the way Paul....

Bike
    2004 Suzuki GN125
    Quote Originally Posted by Maha View Post
    Well they are nana panties... Incontinence and all that.
    God knows why they look like that new though. Maybe someone finds them so sexy they went in and had a bit of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Class is over rated

Bike
    2004 Ducati Monster
    I bought a Revit jacket which is short and stylish - at the time had done absolutely no riding so had no idea what worked and what didn't. Not sure I would buy it now but not because I get a cold back with it. I notice the wind whistling around my neck and wrists before I notice it around the kidneys. Point being, there are a few areas that you need to check, not just the length of the jacket.

Agree with the comment about jeans vs bike pants. Jeans are not warm even with a couple of pairs of long-johns underneath. Does depend on speed though. If you are only going low speed around town to get to work, you will be fine with jeans but if you are doing speed on the open road then you will get cold. Money enough to buy both?

Get some winter gloves. Best thing that I did to stay warm. Try them on first as gloves are often blokey in design and the fingers can be too short for women. Try them on and test them by reaching for the brake, clutch etc. I found that the first pair of gloves I bought (yep, as a novice) were too short in the fingers and they became extremely uncomfortable as they pulled on my fingers after a period of riding

Bike
    bike
    Blog Entries
    I brought the same jacket when I first started riding. It was actually a lot bulkier than I imagined, and it is a long jacket in length. Certainly compared to all the sports jackets out there for ladies. Decent length and pretty warm actually. You will find there is extra room under it to wear another layer if need be. Pretty comfy and ok in the wind. Not so flash in the rain of course but few jackets are. A great jacket to start with - just expect it to be bulkier than it looks - not at fitted as the picture shows.

Thread Information