Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Race trailer build?

Bike
    Windle, MoBuilt, Fireblade, RS250, FZR4
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    I think you will find .. if you place the 15 or 16 inch rim next to the 17 inch rim. With the face with the stud pattern on the same side. You will find the face the same distance in from the edge of the rim. So the length from the inner side of the stud pattern face is that extra inch further than the 16 inch rim. And making contact with either the chassis, the suspension, or the inner mudguard.

My two cents worth of primary education ...
    yea sounds plausible..

will have to wait and see when I get up there.

When I bought the hubs and stubs all that was mentioned was offset and stud pattern of rims.. so I didn't know any other variables would become such a problem. Can we not build around it somehow? or chop/machine/grind something.

have to wait to actually see whats going on when i get to chch anyway.

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    I think you will find .. if you place the 15 or 16 inch rim next to the 17 inch rim. With the face with the stud pattern on the same side. You will find the face the same distance in from the edge of the rim. So the length from the inner side of the stud pattern face is that extra inch further than the 16 inch rim. And making contact with either the chassis, the suspension, or the inner mudguard.

My two cents worth of primary education ...
    errr, maybe you should have gone to secondary, I have no idea what you mean There's no reason a 15/16/17 should generically have mounting difficulty (excepting brake caliper distance of course). This one sounds like the manufacturer just made the rim 'hub' section is just made a bit differently to what the hub manufacturer was expecting.

http://www.vibratesoftware.com/image...0-%20Small.JPG

The sticky out bit is the hub center, I'm picking the rims just don't have a large enough diameter, or deep enough hole for it to fit in.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie View Post
    When I bought the hubs and stubs all that was mentioned was offset and stud pattern of rims.. so I didn't know any other variables would become such a problem. Can we not build around it somehow? or chop/machine/grind something.

have to wait to actually see whats going on when i get to chch anyway.
    Hack and slash of rims is never the best solution.
    Either lengthen the axles, or fit the narrower rims.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    The sticky out bit is the hub center, I'm picking the rims just don't have a large enough diameter, or deep enough hole for it to fit in.
    yip.. it looks like the center hole of the 17's I bought is too small to fit on the hubs I bought.. won't bother machining the rims out at this stage.. maybe someone will buy em on trademe for what I paid and then I can just buy new 17's again..

what a bastard.

but don't really care.. had a mint day today haha!

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie View Post
    yip.. it looks like the center hole of the 17's I bought is too small to fit on the hubs I bought.. won't bother machining the rims out at this stage..
    Take the wheels and hubs to Royce Clive engineering and say "fix this" shouldn't cost a lot and then you have the wheels you want, make sure your spare fits to
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Tahe the wheels and hubs to Royce Clive engineering and say "fix this" shouldn't cost a lot and then you have the wheels you want, make sure your spare fits to
    must spread rep..

must give ya too much love eh

I'll try it out.. if its cheap enough im all over it

Thread Information