Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Ninja 250

Bike
    F3, DRZ400, RVF400, 250 XC-F

New Ninja 250

Just saw this online, looks pretty mint I must say. Loved my old ninja 250, this should hopefully be a winner!!

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/630/13...-Revealed.aspx

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    That is impressively ugly.
    Bring back the two strokes! Or fuel injected 4cyls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    Windle, MoBuilt, Fireblade, RS250, FZR4
    I think it looks sharper than the previous version (looked a bit too commuter somehow. something was off with it)

looks not bad..

rather an rs250 tho

Bike
    VFR
    Shit, if nothing else the display on that thing is 1000000x better then the old 80s rubbish they've had.

Nice ass looking bike though. Shame the golden age of IL4 250s is gone. FI IL4 250 looking like that? I'd buy one. Edit, Or if they put a properly nice V-twin in the thing ALA the old 40hp spada lumps Now that would be fantastic.

They'll probably go for a million $$ here though. The 2008-2012 ninjas still go for an arm and a leg, and they only look so-so at best. New one looks a lot like the zx6 and zx10rs.

Bad news for hyosucks though who largely sell based on looks

Bike
    A black one
    Looks like a baby 6 or 10r, very nice. Glad the lil 250 is getting a facelift, hopefully be selling mine before they come out.

I'm guessing the price of the current model will drop slightly? Maybe?

Bike
    VFR
    Quote Originally Posted by f2dz View Post
    Looks like a baby 6 or 10r, very nice. Glad the lil 250 is getting a facelift, hopefully be selling mine before they come out.

I'm guessing the price of the current model will drop slightly? Maybe?
    Used ones? Probably not until there's a fair quantity of the new ones moving into the market. You'll probably not see a price drop because of the new ones anyway. The pre 2008 ones only dropped in price sharply because they were styled back in the 80s and were butt ugly. The 2008-2012 ones are fairly decent looking.

Brand new ones, however, might drop in price to make way for the new ones. Particularly the old carbed models. Theres still some 2010 models floating around in dealerships. I imagine they'd want to get those out ASAP.

Bike
    KX450 Motard/Flat Track KTM150SX H2R
    there has just been a shipment of 2012 Carb'd Ninja 250R's turn up at $7589 RRP, The Injected 2012 is $8795,

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by scott411 View Post
    there has just been a shipment of 2012 Carb'd Ninja 250R's turn up at $7589 RRP, The Injected 2012 is $8795,
    45hp?
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    F3, DRZ400, RVF400, 250 XC-F
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    45hp?
    Luckily dreams are free..........

Bike
    VFR
    Quote Originally Posted by nzspokes View Post
    45hp?
    Who the hell is quoting any ninja as having 45 hp? Theyre about15 years too late (assuming the ZXR 250s were ever actually branded as ninjas)

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by Glowerss View Post
    Who the hell is quoting any ninja as having 45 hp? Theyre about15 years too late (assuming the ZXR 250s were ever actually branded as ninjas)
    My 86 honda had more powa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    There was a 45hp version of the GPX too, apparently. Kawasaki named everything with clip on bars Ninja back then I really do think this new one looks yuck, but I think the new 10r looks like shite, the proportions are on the piss and the tail is hideous.
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    VFR
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatilover View Post
    There was a 45hp version of the GPX too, apparently. Kawasaki named everything with clip on bars Ninja back then I really do think this new one looks yuck, but I think the new 10r looks like shite, the proportions are on the piss and the tail is hideous.
    Some of the later ZZR 250s (2001s ect) are quoted as having 45ish HP as well. Don't know that I believe it though, thats a lot to wring from a parallel twin 250 that only revs to 12k. But who knows, the old late 80s early 90s vtrs managed 40ish or there abouts didn't they?

Apparently, despite all the rubbish about the new engine, peak figures remain basically identical. Actually, slightly worse then a properly tuned carbed model from the 08-12 version.

Bout the only thing I'd want from the new ninja over the old ones is the speedo cluster. Dash? whatever the fuck they're called on bikes. Personal preference ect but it's worlds better then the 80s rubbish they've had previously.

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi

At

Some of the later ZZR 250s (2001s ect) are quoted as having 45ish HP as well. Don't know that I believe it though, thats a lot to wring from a parallel twin 250 that only revs to 12k. But who knows, the old late 80s early 90s vtrs managed 40ish or there abouts didn't they?

Apparently, despite all the rubbish about the new engine, peak figures remain basically identical. Actually, slightly worse then a properly tuned carbed model from the 08-12 version.

Bout the only thing I'd want from the new ninja over the old ones is the speedo cluster. Dash? whatever the fuck they're called on bikes. Personal preference ect but it's worlds better then the 80s rubbish they've had previously.
    The GPZ/X/ZZR range has HP claims from 33hp t0 45 hp, most of them being the 40hp models, then the "new" EX250 Ninja came out with 33hp
    The VT250F2 Integra was the gruntiest twin I've seen at a whopping 43hp, the 45hp GPZ/X never seemed like it. The VT250 Spada was 40hp, mine managed a metropolis toppling 36rwhp after a lot of stupid work.
    Late model VTRs were down 33hp and below.
    The "45hp" Kawasaki twin had a 14k redline, the rest had the 12k redline. The VT250 Spada still makes the most torque out of all the 250cc 4 strokes and that was only made between 88-89!

I have no idea why/how I know that shit but 250cc bikes have gone backwards since the late 80's early 90's.

Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi

The GPZ/X/ZZR range has HP claims from 33hp t0 45 hp, most of them being the 40hp models, then the "new" EX250 Ninja came out with 33hp
    The VT250F2 Integra was the gruntiest twin I've seen at a whopping 43hp, the 45hp GPZ/X never seemed like it. The VT250 Spada was 40hp, mine managed a metropolis toppling 36rwhp after a lot of stupid work.
    Late model VTRs were down 33hp and below.
    The "45hp" Kawasaki twin had a 14k redline, the rest had the 12k redline. The VT250 Spada still makes the most torque out of all the 250cc 4 strokes and that was only made between 88-89!

I have no idea why/how I know that shit but 250cc bikes have gone backwards since the late 80's early 90's.

Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Thread Information