Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rego cost (not a complaint thread!)

Bike
    2001, Kawasaki KLR650
    Well tell ya what folks, I donate my stolen 650cc's license fees to whoever out there that needs moral elbowroom to save some cash. I just registered the thing before it was stolen so you get nearly a YEAR -- till July 2013

This is what I get back from the transport folk:

'I can confirm that when a vehicle is stolen, the vehicle can not be cancelled off the Motor Vehicle Register for reasons such as recovery and Police Investigation for example.

There are no provisions to issue refunds on stolen vehicles. The licence is attached to the vehicle not the person.'

enjoy... I'm not sure another way around this...

Bike
    my little pony
    Quote Originally Posted by mylodon View Post
    Well tell ya what folks, I donate my stolen 650cc's license fees to whoever out there that needs moral elbowroom to save some cash. I just registered the thing before it was stolen so you get nearly a YEAR -- till July 2013

This is what I get back from the transport folk:

'I can confirm that when a vehicle is stolen, the vehicle can not be cancelled off the Motor Vehicle Register for reasons such as recovery and Police Investigation for example.

There are no provisions to issue refunds on stolen vehicles. The licence is attached to the vehicle not the person.'

As the owner can you not de-register it, and claim the refund.
    You would have to weigh up the option of ever seeing it again.

Bike
    2001, Kawasaki KLR650
    that is what i asked when i got the above reply.

perhaps i would have to contact the police, tell them that the bike was not stolen, and then unregister it.

still seems fishy though... isn't there a kind of no-operation registration you can do where you are allowed to own it but not drive it? i.e. no acc levy then...?

Quote Originally Posted by Coldrider View Post
    As the owner can you not de-register it, and claim the refund.
    You would have to weigh up the option of ever seeing it again.

Bike
    tedium
    Quote Originally Posted by TINA RAY View Post
    Thanks for your comment.

+++ I have Never had motor bike insurance.....so another $1000 per annum saving per bike ???...dunno how much it costs...

that's a healthy fine budget.....if you pay them, that is...
    I'm not going to get into the rego argument. However, "saving" buy not having 3rd party insurance is not worth the risk. What you gonna do if you write off someone else's vehicle? Have a spare $150K lying around?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickha
    Fuck off, cheese has no place in pies
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle
    i would could and can, put a fat fuck down with a bit of brass.

Bike
    my little pony
    that is what i asked when i got the above reply.

perhaps i would have to contact the police, tell them that the bike was not stolen, and then unregister it.

still seems fishy though... isn't there a kind of no-operation registration you can do where you are allowed to own it but not drive it? i.e. no acc levy then...?
    no you can't change the story or you'll end up in hot water yourself.
    You should enquire further up the ladder within LTSA. One of their staff is a KB member and she knows jack shit about her own job.

What happens if the bike is not recovered in 12 months, do you have to put it on hold or pay further rego?
    I think you need to get to the right person.

Bike
    Gone
    Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    I'm not going to get into the rego argument. However, "saving" buy not having 3rd party insurance is not worth the risk. What you gonna do if you write off someone else's vehicle? Have a spare $150K lying around?
    How many $150k vehicles have you seen on the road?

With all the money you've pissed away into insurance over the years you could have put it into a separate bank account and covered yourself.

Bike
    R1
    Thanks for your comment.

as i have not paid rego for many years l did not know how much l was actually 'saving.

l have just looked it up.
    approx....

400 cc...... $450
    650cc...... $600
    car...... $430

+ 6x WOFs.......$250

adds up to approx $1700 per annum x (eg) 5years = $8500

+++ I have Never had motor bike insurance.....so another $1000 per annum saving per bike ???...dunno how much it costs...

that's a healthy fine budget.....if you pay them, that is...
    Quote Originally Posted by Madness View Post
    Wrong. You are bludging like a fucking leech off of the rest of us who pay our dues, irrespective of wether or not we approve of the system.
    Not only that but since she does not pay, it makes the rest of our rates go up because of it.....and she did not even say "thank you" to any of us....or at least not to me .... I guess she is a lot smarter than the rest of us and I know when I am out smarted. She is so smart, it is not like she posted that she committed a crime for the past 5 years on a public forum in the section "Biker Politics and Law" that is known to have popo..or that she rides a XR650R, DRZ 400.....or her name is Neve Rollinson in her profile.....or if you do a KB search, you can see she posted her address on this same site
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...ister-for-help

Neve Rollinson
    3/34 Argyle Street
    Herne Bay
    Auckland

Now, I'm no Dick Tracy but, if I was a police officer, I would definitely keep an eye out for the so called Tina....If that is her real name. Isn't there a show called worlds dumbest criminals? Now if we only knew who she was and if some good Samaritan wanted to file a complaint with the local police department. I would think the more complaints the better.

Bike
    TF125
    Quote Originally Posted by wasiler View Post
    If that is her real name.
    No, it's not. Tina is actually (or was) a bloke called Tony from Hawkes Bay. He's since been banned, again. Neve is probably his ex wife or something.

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    I feel for you - I now register online in 3 mth installments only - at least I will only be hit for 3 months worth.

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Now, I'm no Dick Tracy but, if I was a police officer, I would definitely keep an eye out for the so called Tina....If that is her real name. Isn't there a show called worlds dumbest criminals? Now if we only knew who she was and if some good Samaritan wanted to file a complaint with the local police department. I would think the more complaints the better.
    Yeah. And while you stand the writing the tickets you can enjoy the abuse you get about quotas, revenue collection,picking on bikers, getting a real job, catching a real criminal, blah blah blah.

Bike
    1994 Triumph Trophy 1200
    as i have not paid rego for many years l did not know how much l was actually 'saving.
    l have just looked it up.
    approx....
    400 cc...... $450
    650cc...... $600
    car...... $430
    + 6x WOFs.......$250
    adds up to approx $1700 per annum x (eg) 5years = $8500
    Now, I'm no Dick Tracy but, if I was a police officer, I would definitely keep an eye out for the so called TONY
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    Yeah. And while you stand the writing the tickets you can enjoy the abuse you get about quotas, revenue collection,picking on bikers, getting a real job, catching a real criminal, blah blah blah.
    Imagine the fun you could have armed with a copy of this' picking him up and advising that all unpaid costs will be backdated for the period he has publicly owned up to!!!

Quote Jan 2020 Posted by Katman

Life would be so much easier if you addressed questions with a simple answer.

Bike
    R1
    Quote Originally Posted by Madness View Post
    No, it's not. Tina is actually (or was) a bloke called Tony from Hawkes Bay. He's since been banned, again. Neve is probably his ex wife or something.
    Dang it, I knew I was no detective.

Bike
    R1

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    Actually, I look at it this way. You play, you pay. Do I think the laws could be improved.... probably. However, you are doing what you are suppose to be doing. If people don't like the law, they need to write a letter to their representative and not make snide remarks. Finally, these same people that make those type of comments....who will be the first person they call when their bike gets stolen begging for help? Keep up the good work.

Bike
    2001, Kawasaki KLR650
    Actually, I look at it this way. You play, you pay. Do I think the laws could be improved.... probably. However, you are doing what you are suppose to be doing. If people don't like the law, they need to write a letter to their representative and not make snide remarks. Finally, these same people that make those type of comments....who will be the first person they call when their bike gets stolen begging for help? Keep up the good work.
    it's not nzta that's for damn sure

Thread Information