Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Old multi-cylinder bikes of the 50s to later on. Japanese, British, Euro, etc

Bike
    KTM 950ADV,DR750,APRILIA TUONO ,YZ290F
    Blog Entries
    Hows this for a sound

Bike
    a shed full of crazy shit
    Quote Originally Posted by 10bikekid View Post
    Hows this for a sound....
    naaa

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Nice
    I'm quite fond of this to

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    Didn't Echo do a 50cc twin cylinder chainsaw 20 or so years ago.....that would sound good in a bucket.........
    “- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Speed and sound

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by SPman View Post
    Didn't Echo do a 50cc twin cylinder chainsaw 20 or so years ago.....that would sound good in a bucket.........
    and IIRC... back in the 80's a mate had a couple of rotary powered chain saws, they were old back then.

and your twin, not Echo tho

cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    and IIRC... back in the 80's a mate had a couple of rotary powered chain saws, they were old back then.

and your twin, not Echo tho
    There is or was a Rotary powered MB100 framed and Gearboxed Bike from NZ on You tube it was on the Kiwirotary site there was a Youtube video i think it was 122cc or similar needs to be 75cc to be CC legal for MNZ though stared and sounded cool.

Anyway some pics of the RS500 Honda one of the cleverestly simple engines ever made....

I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    There is or was a Rotary powered MB100 framed and Gearboxed Bike from NZ on You tube it was on the Kiwirotary site there was a Youtube video i think it was 122cc or similar needs to be 75cc to be CC legal for MNZ though stared and sounded cool.

Anyway some pics of the RS500 Honda one of the cleverestly simple engines ever made...
    this one yeah? and how does the RS 500 differ from the NS500?

cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    Blog Entries
    What a work of art that RS500 is

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
    this one yeah? and how does the RS 500 differ from the NS500?

RS is the production version, but not much difference mainly chassis parts less carbon/mag and porting but not much at all. Only 5hp down according to the blurb.
    i posted some detail stuff a couple of pages back.(click on the arrow after Husaberg) then click on the attachments until you see the magnifying glass and click again to supersize them.
    Honda RS500 I will add more when i can be arsed later....
    It was a real clever little engine.
    I have more to post re the Honda 3's.
    That first pic with the flash chassis is ubber cool.
    Note how it breathes cool air between the rads
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    not everyones cupa tea, and not so old but well in the 'cool' class
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    Anyway if i was going to be pedantic the Yam example posted as an example of a V4 above..... er has two cranks.LOL
    Oh the irony
    The irony is that you bagged an engine with the same layout as the suzuki neither of which are true V-fours rather piggy back twins; calling those motors V4 is like calling a suzuki TL cam design a V cam because it uses exactly the same principle, and to really put a spanner in the works a V formation engine has the reciprocating mass turning on a single axis. As for V-twins most of the manufacturers run one crank pin & only a couple having used off-set crank pins; no primary crank driving a secondary crank involved. The funny thing with V-twin formation is that the 1st two predominant designs where car manufacturers. Ducati's L design is for primary balance, 90deg offers perfect balance and that's why both Yamaha & Suzuki tried it with those motors.

There's nothing out there that hasn't been done before, it's just been refined over time

Here's a couple of pics from the 67 year book, it's got about 15pages of exotic engine designs from all the manufacturers
    Suzuki 250cc square four

Suzuki 50cc twin

Got pics of DKW's supercharged water-cooled 2smoker too

Bike
    husaberg
    Quote Originally Posted by T.W.R View Post
    explain the rotary valve intakes then if it was a V format how come there's two of them and where's the crank

and lol look and learn

Yamaha 250 V4 1966
    Quote Originally Posted by T.W.R View Post
    The irony is that you bagged an engine with the same layout as the suzuki neither of which are true V-fours rather piggy back twins; calling those motors V4 is like calling a suzuki TL cam design a V cam because it uses exactly the same principle, and to really put a spanner in the works a V formation engine has the reciprocating mass turning on a single axis. As for V-twins most of the manufacturers run one crank pin & only a couple having used off-set crank pins; no primary crank driving a secondary crank involved. The funny thing with V-twin formation is that the 1st two predominant designs where car manufacturers. Ducati's L design is for primary balance, 90deg offers perfect balance and that's why both Yamaha & Suzuki tried it with those motors.

There's nothing out there that hasn't been done before, it's just been refined over time

Here's a couple of pics from the 67 year book, it's got about 15pages of exotic engine designs from all the manufacturers
    Suzuki 250cc square four

Suzuki 50cc twin

Got pics of DKW's supercharged water-cooled 2smoker too
    No, the irony is you used an example to push your case, but it was a not so clever example.
    You said it has to be a Single crank to be a V, then said look this.For it is a true V4 ,and to prove your point that it had to be a single crank to be a V4 .....................posted a pic of a twin crank Yamaha....
    post the pics, in the thread this is what the thread is for...... but this is it a V or a square was getting old real fast 2 pages ago.
    I reminder distinctly .

Bike
    M109R, GS1200ss, RMX450Z, ZX-12R
    No, the irony is you used an example to push your case, but it was a not so clever example.
    You said it has to be a Single crank to be a V, then said look this.For it is a true V4 ,and to prove your point that it had to be a single crank to be a V4 .....................posted a pic of a twin crank Yamaha....
    post the pics, in the thread this is what the thread is for...... but this is it a V or a square was getting old real fast 2 pages ago.
    Least I don't keep quoting embedded images or hack shit off the internet and actually post threads in the proper sub forums

Don't have to post a pic because I already did with that image, just pushed it the same way you're pushing the Suzuki as a V4
    Though the quote from the article compiled by Phil Vincent in 1967 reads:

"At the end of 1965 Yamaha revealed their new 250cc V4 at Monza, also a disc valved two-stroke, but water-cooled, reputed to give 60 bhp. It returned a top speed of 150mph through the speed trap in the Isle of Man in 1966. It had 8 speeds and ran up to 14,000 rpm.
    This engine is virtually two of the successful 125cc twins built over a common crankcase with geared crankshafts

It is hard to handle due to the combined effects of weight and high centre of gravity. Maybe we shall see its full potential this year?"

You don't have to a genius to access information on engine configurations and what each design term means.

Thread Information