Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The inspiration thread

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Would there be any money to be made buying them in and selling them on? I know you can save massive amounts of $$$ buying a new BMW car from the UK and bringing it here
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    In the rubbish bin
    Ive spent ages talking to my friend about prices in US.

An Ultraglide he says goes for about $23,000 USD.
    NZ listed price converted to USD is $30,000

$7,000 USD difference ($8,700NZD)

Tri Glide in US is $32,000 USD
    NZ converted to US is $41,000 USD

$9,000 USD difference ($11,200NZD)
    Find out more at www.unluckyones.co.nz

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Not a surprise really, tell Crasherfromwayback to start cutting prices (and he can eat noodles and rice, not my problem)
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    None
    One of my favorite cafe racer modifications, I adore the amount of attention to detail on this bike;

Steam Punk Honda CB350 1973 - http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=33668.0

Before:

After:

Bike
    In the rubbish bin
    ^ way cooler than the previous "steampunk" bike.

crazy how brass/copper and raw alloy look great together.
    Find out more at www.unluckyones.co.nz

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatilover View Post
    Would there be any money to be made buying them in and selling them on? I know you can save massive amounts of $$$ buying a new BMW car from the UK and bringing it here
    Don't. UK cars are utterly muntered after 5 Winters. It's a rarity to find one in good nick and the issue is getting worse as the flora and fauna beside UK motorways has now turned almost entirely into what you'd find in your average Salt Marsh. People go on about rotting electrics in Singapore imports. That's nothing to the horror that exists under the average UK vehicle. UK bikes are the pits.

Any budget bike that gets ridden in Winter in the UK and isn't thoroughly cleaned after EVERY ride (That's EVERY ride - middle of Winter -5 outside, DARK, out with the steam cleaner and scrubbing brush and Scott Oiler/WD 40/CRC bike protector EVERY ride) is a mass of furred alloy and corroded mild steel. I've seen an otherwise lovely BMW R1100RS with muffler bolts that are just a lump of rust and have to be ground off at muffler replacement time. A Chinese GN wouldn't last one winter there. A lot of my UK friends run 2 bikes. Their main toy and a Winter hack that gets replaced every year.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Don't. UK cars are utterly muntered after 5 Winters. It's a rarity to find one in good nick and the issue is getting worse as the flora and fauna beside UK motorways has now turned almost entirely into what you'd find in your average Salt Marsh. People go on about rotting electrics in Singapore imports. That's nothing to the horror that exists under the average UK vehicle. UK bikes are the pits.

Any budget bike that gets ridden in Winter in the UK and isn't thoroughly cleaned after EVERY ride (That's EVERY ride - middle of Winter -5 outside, DARK, out with the steam cleaner and scrubbing brush and Scott Oiler/WD 40/CRC bike protector EVERY ride) is a mass of furred alloy and corroded mild steel. I've seen an otherwise lovely BMW R1100RS with muffler bolts that are just a lump of rust and have to be ground off at muffler replacement time. A Chinese GN wouldn't last one winter there. A lot of my UK friends run 2 bikes. Their main toy and a Winter hack that gets replaced every year.
    New, un-used BMW's. Not used on the salty shitty roads, they're absolutely fine, I know a few people who have imported new. Just a matter of getting BMW NZ to uphold the warranty on them, they get a bit miffed when you go around them and save a massive amount of $$$

Agree in terms of second hand vehicles though, their conditions rape anything

That CB350 is incredible.
    My bikes now look even worse.

Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Sounds like too much trouble to me but then I'm happy with old NZ sourced munt.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Quote Originally Posted by James Deuce View Post
    Sounds like too much trouble to me but then I'm happy with old NZ sourced munt.
    When you're saving upwards of $40k on an M5 it's probably a wee bit different
    Me, I have no money, so I need not worry

Back on topic, I needs inspiration for a paint job on the ZX6. Mine's boring and ghey (and shit)
    I'm liking two tone, something with satin black, but cannot decide...gold, red, copper? Such a hard life

Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Rider View Post
    ^ way cooler than the previous "steampunk" bike.

crazy how brass/copper and raw alloy look great together.

Yes, I really like the Edwardian period (1910's) feel that's going on for it. I would love to do a similar modification with a Suzuki TU or Yamaha SR (but I can't weld for shit).
    The other steam punk bikes that I have seen are not as refined or as balanced color wise (nor do they look like something that you would see from that era). The modifier of the bike probably did allot of research looking into the car models from that era (Ford Model T Speedster) and then based his design off that (I wouldn't be surprised if he found original parts form a Ford Model T Speedster and stuck them on, the head lights look the same).

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    I'm liking two tone, something with satin black, but cannot decide...gold, red, copper? Such a hard life
    Red and Copper with brass fittings.

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries

Smile

Back on topic, I needs inspiration for a paint job on the ZX6. Mine's boring and ghey (and shit)
    What about that pearl paint thats changes according to the light , yes was trying think what colour to paint the vt

I think I just gotwith black myself matt is the in thing isnt it, i thought of other colours but no certianly never silver though

That was colour of bike i wrote of no way ever have that again bad luck

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Quote Originally Posted by actungbaby View Post
    What about that pearl paint thats changes according to the light , yes was trying think what colour to paint the vt

I think I just gotwith black myself matt is the in thing isnt it, i thought of other colours but no certianly never silver though

That was colour of bike i wrote of no way ever have that again bad luck
    It'll mainly be satin black, I don't like matte black. But I'll have another colour, I did a few (really bad) photoshops and I'm liking red, or gunmetal.

Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    01 SV650S
    Blog Entries
    Te audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144

WTF has importing cars got to do with this thread????

on the other though, how about like this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	554616_438652426176641_1742212895_n.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	164.9 KB 
ID:	269446  
    Drew for Prime Minister!

www.oldskoolperformance.com

www.prospeedmc.com for parts ex U.S.A ( He's a Kiwi! )

Thread Information