Thread: Local parking rules for two-wheelers?

Bike
    1994 Kawasaki ZZR1100

Local parking rules for two-wheelers?

I live in the Takapuna / Milford area of Auckland, and have noticed low cc two wheelers (mostly scooters) parked just about everywhere, apparently with immunity towards parking offence notices. About a year ago I saw a junior parking warden talking to his senior in the street, so I approached them and asked what their policy was. They both confirmed that they would not put a notice on a 2 wheeler, provided it was not blocking pedestrian or vehicular access to anything and was not causing any other kind of nuisance. They did warn me however that this was not what the law said and they could not guarantee consistency with the policy. Needless to say, I have taken considerable licence from this, and to date have never had any problem.

I would be interested to hear other riders thoughts & experiences on this one.
    Fairytales are the domain of infants ... Dreams are the stuff of progress.

Bike
    Kawasaki ZZR250
    I do see many scooters parked just about everywhere as well

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    My mate got a ticket for parking his yammy on the roundabout down by the marina once. Mind you he wasnt the one who pushed it there.
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Thread Information