Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are there any motorcycle boots that look good as well as being functional?

Bike
    1986 Honda GB 400F

Are there any motorcycle boots that look good as well as being functional?

I'm after some new boots at some point. I'm hoping to find some that you can actually wear around (so a slight heel would be nice), but also have the right ankle support.

Gaerne boots are okay (example), but what about something badass like these? The problem with the better looking boots is they focus on the nick-knacks, and less on the safety aspect.

If anyone has ideas, I'd love to hear them.

PS: I'm a taller lady so super high heels is both impractical and would make me tower above all the men.

Bike
    2004 Suzuki GN125
    Quote Originally Posted by Danae View Post
    I'm after some new boots at some point. I'm hoping to find some that you can actually wear around (so a slight heel would be nice), but also have the right ankle support.

Gaerne boots are okay (example), but what about something badass like these? The problem with the better looking boots is they focus on the nick-knacks, and less on the safety aspect.

If anyone has ideas, I'd love to hear them.

PS: I'm a taller lady so super high heels is both impractical and would make me tower above all the men.
    I personally like Shoe boots like these - http://www.cycletreads.co.nz/product...boot_shoe.aspx They are suuuuuuuper comfy, come up higher than you would think (covers the ankle), and have the benefit of being flats so you don't tower over everyone. (I'm tall too)

Just a thought.

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!

Thumbs up

Your initial choice is the way to go.
    Nothing short of proper protection is the most important thing that you should consider.
    Make sure your boots will stay on your feet and can't become the instrument that severs them.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    R100GSPD
    those dont look too bad but i always try to find boots that have more ankle protection .
    I used to have a pair of axo boots that were the best boots i had.
    What about these they seem to have a bit more protection in them??.I know they are mens boots but maybe they would fit

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Lozza2442 View Post
    I personally like Shoe boots like these - http://www.cycletreads.co.nz/product...boot_shoe.aspx They are suuuuuuuper comfy, come up higher than you would think (covers the ankle), and have the benefit of being flats so you don't tower over everyone. (I'm tall too)

Just a thought.
    Yes i like the look of these too i prefer the look and not to be walking around in high boots

Mind you my ancle still hurts sometimes after 25 years after i hurt it damm it was just wearing shoes which i still do

Then i burnt it a little riding home aghhhh gee used to play up after was in the frezzers at my old job.

Dam thing refused to bend moral the story i guess .

Bike
    I have Alpinestars Ridge boots, and I can wear these boots all day long, so comfortable and proven in a low speed crash in deep gravel. I had my old BMW trapping my right ankle pressing my foot into rocks and they protected me well. I couldn't walk for 2 weeks, but no break, just soft tissue injury.
    Any boots you look at will have to be useable on the style of bike you have - those long leather boots would work on a cruiser but not a sports bike. I had to ride a friend's Ninja while I was wearing my Harley boots, and it was hard as the boots were too bulky and clumsy compared to the Alpinestars boots. You can feel what you are doing with chunky boots.

Bike
    2004 Suzuki GN125
    Quote Originally Posted by actungbaby View Post
    Yes i like the look of these too i prefer the look and not to be walking around in high boots

Mind you my ancle still hurts sometimes after 25 years after i hurt it damm it was just wearing shoes which i still do

Then i burnt it a little riding home aghhhh gee used to play up after was in the frezzers at my old job.

Dam thing refused to bend moral the story i guess .
    Oh dear! You've been in the wars haven't you!?
    You may want to take the jump and get some of these boots, will be much better than your shoes. They're so comfy I even wear them normally!

Bike
    900 Hornet, Preddy, RZ's, A100's
    Blog Entries
    Very stylish! (Will show my girl this thread and see if it tickles her fancy!)

Form, function and style ... it's a hard road finding the perfect gear!
    "I like to ride anyplace, anywhere, any time, any way!"

Bike
    1987 GSXR750h

Bike
    2004 Suzuki GN125
    Quote Originally Posted by 1tonne View Post
    Those Ladies Legend Touring Motorcycle Boots look awesome!

Bike
    R1150RT
    Blog Entries
    Have crash tested the 1tonne boots, only soft tiisue injury after being t-boned by a car +1 still wearing them but only in dry cos they leak now

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2

Bike
    WR250R
    I've got a pair of Sidi Rose boots, and I'm really pleased with them.
    They are super comfortable, even for walking, and look good.
    They do have armour protection in the ankle, but not a lot of ankle support (compared to my MX boots, so possibly not a fair comparison).
    The road to hell is paved...

Bike
    1986 Honda GB 400F
    Quote Originally Posted by 1tonne View Post
    Thanks for the link! My current boots are a pair of 1Tonnes (the Legend touring ones I think). My first boots, and have lasted 3 years. Have only ever had water in them ONCE! And they have been through one ~30km/hr lowside with a couple scrapes (my ankles/feet were fine).

Thanks again for the great boots (only $100 at the time!).

Bike
    1986 Honda GB 400F
    Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    I have Alpinestars Ridge boots, and I can wear these boots all day long, so comfortable and proven in a low speed crash in deep gravel. I had my old BMW trapping my right ankle pressing my foot into rocks and they protected me well. I couldn't walk for 2 weeks, but no break, just soft tissue injury.
    Any boots you look at will have to be useable on the style of bike you have - those long leather boots would work on a cruiser but not a sports bike. I had to ride a friend's Ninja while I was wearing my Harley boots, and it was hard as the boots were too bulky and clumsy compared to the Alpinestars boots. You can feel what you are doing with chunky boots.
    Hey I like! I've always wanted some Sidis.

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lozza2442 View Post
    Oh dear! You've been in the wars haven't you!?
    You may want to take the jump and get some of these boots, will be much better than your shoes. They're so comfy I even wear them normally!
    Yes i rekon thanks for that well am ticking on fine so its all good not going let little pain slow

me down

Thread Information