Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KTM 1190 Adventure in 2013 and a 1290 in 2014

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by paturoa View Post
    What is the pricing? I need to know how many of my children I have to sell?
    Not announced yet mate but I know a guy who owes you a favour or two so I'll make sure the pencil's fucken sharp when you're ready to buy. Soon as I hear the RRP I'll post it up here too.
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    KTM 1190 Adv R and a bunch of dirties
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    Not announced yet mate but I know a guy who owes you a favour or two so I'll make sure the pencil's fucken sharp when you're ready to buy. Soon as I hear the RRP I'll post it up here too.
    I found a couple of new front CV boots in the garge. Do you want them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Yes please mate. Front end's coming out to be recon'd next week.
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by nallac View Post
    Quite understandable for most of us, I wouldn't want to try and pick up a Fully laden one............
    Never mind the fact that you pay a bloody fortune for a GSA, and dumping it would be like burning your cash.

Before anyone rides a big Beemer off road they need to spend at least a couple of years on something like a DR or an XR, to get used to the feelmofngravel underneath. However, the reality is that most folk who can afford GSAs are those with successful businesses, no mortgage and a wish to be Charley Boorman.

That DVD was the best marketing that ever happened, but it led folk to think they can all just put on their $5000 riding outfit, mount their $50K fully laden steed and take on the world.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    That DVD was the best marketing that ever happened
    Didn't KTM turn them down first? That must have cost them a gazillion in lost sales that went to BMW.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    Before anyone rides a big Beemer off road they need to spend at least a couple of years on something like a DR or an XR, to get used to the feelmofngravel underneath. However, the reality is that most folk who can afford GSAs are those with successful businesses, no mortgage and a wish to be Charley Boorman.

That DVD was the best marketing that ever happened, but it led folk to think they can all just put on their $5000 riding outfit, mount their $50K fully laden steed and take on the world.
    Uh... Yeah, coz I got a GSA!! I haven't owned a DR or XP either, but my size helps. It's on rebate now, you can buy it for $33.5k I think, damn it's a good buy now, for all the kit you get, except I have a 2010 which is basically identical to the 2012/2013.

You definitely need to accept it has limits compared to a DR... or find them out the hard way

Didn't KTM turn them down first? That must have cost them a gazillion in lost sales that went to BMW.
    Yes, KTM turned them down (didn't you watch Long Way Round in the collector's edition? ). I broke my KTM heaps. Well, I've also broken the BMW, but it's definitely tougher than the KTM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    An animated gif of difference between the 19" and 21" R versions at the bottom of the page.

http://blog.motorcycle.com/2012/09/1...re-r-revealed/

Looks like there would be a good weight saving with an after-market zorst too.

Bike
    What is the pricing? I need to know how many of my children I have to sell?
    Anyone want all of my spawn? Looks like I'll have to sell a few of the neighbour's as well. The pricing for Europe has just been released and the r version is €14,970.

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news...ricing-europe/

Current exchange rate is about 62c, so that will be $24k before getting them to this side of the planet and the local dealers making a profit. So peeps, expect them to land for about the same price as the DotCom mansion.

Thread Information