Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GSXR 2007 600cc Regulator/Rectifier

Bike
    Daytona

GSXR 2007 600cc Regulator/Rectifier

Hello wise KB lads and ladies,

I have an issue with my gsxr and through the mountains of reading on multiple threads have come to the conclusion that i am possibly in need of a new RR.
    I just want to confirm with someone in the know if im on the right track.

I have whipped the RR out and have tested it with a multi via the manual ---> Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled2.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	270295Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	138.2 KB 
ID:	270296

All tested within the limits however the four ciricled came up with nada. Does this mean that two of the diodes and therefore the rectifier is is shagged?

Apologies but my electircal knowledge of this sorta thing is very limited
    Any help/comments/monetary donations much appreciated!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	132.7 KB 
ID:	270294  

Bike
    Daytona
    Quick backstory if relevant;

Rode her to uni with no troubles the day before yesterday, was approx 90% the way home when the dash froze. Bike cut out a min later. Wouldnt start so i had to push her a few ks home
    After some reading i thought it may be a short somewhere, tied a few loose cables up which seemed to do the trick. Rode to uni and back ok the next day (Although the clock when a bit shitty at one point). Today it turned on fine but wouldnt turn over. Turned ignition off then back on and nothing.... And here we are.

After taking the battery out she will start but something is def up, not too keen to break down on the motorway with Auckland drivers about....

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Have you checked the stator?
    How many volts does it put out when you get it started from the reg rec and how many AC from the stator?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    Daytona
    Have checked the resistance through the stator cables and all seems a-ok.
    Will get those other readings tomorrow and let you know

Thanks for the help

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Have you made sure it's not grounding?
    (I'm assuming the bike's under charging?)
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    Daytona
    Erm nope I havent, that didnt seem to come up anywhere...? How would one go about that?
    No problems with her at all up until the other day, never any electrical probs, battery seems to be fully charged

Bike
    Blandit 1200, DRZ250 K, Beta xtrainer
    While I have no knowledge to diagnose the problem from your readings, the symptoms sound very stator/rr typical for a gsxr. If it is the rr, chances are the stator is on the way out. If this is the problem, I would be interested to follow your solution-MOSFET posssibly?

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    Do a search, there's an electrical troubleshooting flow chart somewhere on the site here

Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    GIXXER.COM-can inform you on this. Beware the dumb american of which there are many on this site, however those who are not knobheads really know their stuff. rr/stator issues are a widely known issue for k6/7 600/750s.Read and be informed and a bit depressed possibly too!

Bike
    Daytona
    Alright so it seems I may have blown this outa proportion slightly. After every test I could find and a few words from those more knowledgeable than myself my RR seems to be in perfect nic!
    Next on the agenda is the hunt for the mystery shagged wire/connection

Really appreciate all the help and suggestions, helped me knock a few things off the list

Bike
    Try the RR wiring connection and wiring-first plug off the rr above the rad area-they get a lot of heat. Check your main ECU plugs for any signs of black wire corrosion[green verdigris?].

Bike
    Daytona
    Awesome I will do, cheers svboy!

Bike
    2006 GSXR 750

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by el_scor_cho View Post
    Awesome I will do, cheers svboy!
    Sorry to bring back a zombie thread but this is exactly what happened to me today! How did you end up fixing it?

Bike
    A fast one
    Quote Originally Posted by simon791 View Post
    Sorry to bring back a zombie thread but this is exactly what happened to me today! How did you end up fixing it?
    The best thing you can do for your bike is to move the reg/rec to the side of the frame. I did this immediately after buying my '06 600. That pretty much guarantees the reg/rec won't go bad from overheating, provided it isn't already damaged.

There's a lot of information here: https://www.gixxer.com/forums/80-06-...on-thread.html

(Scroll down, the photos at the top don't work any longer)

Bike
    2006 GSXR 750
    Quote Originally Posted by The End View Post
    The best thing you can do for your bike is to move the reg/rec to the side of the frame. I did this immediately after buying my '06 600. That pretty much guarantees the reg/rec won't go bad from overheating, provided it isn't already damaged.

There's a lot of information here: https://www.gixxer.com/forums/80-06-...on-thread.html

(Scroll down, the photos at the top don't work any longer)
    Yep been on the google all night and that's the next step when I get the new one.
    From the looks of my rectifier I'm pretty sure it's stuffed (got the 2 burnt lines down the middle) only thing is I'm now getting a voltage drain of 12v on the Fuel system somewhere which is making me think there are some fried cables along the way, I have unplugged every connector I can find and cant locate the issue, Only way to stop it is to pull the Fuel fuse.

Any other suggestions would be a great help!

Thread Information