Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Anyone going to Taupo this weekend? (22-23 September)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    20th January 2008 - 17:29
    Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Location
    Auckland NZ's Epicentre
    Posts
    3,509

    Anyone going to Taupo this weekend? (22-23 September)

    I'm looking forward to giving the Mighty Ninety a run around this weekend prior to the Barry Sheen weekend, anyone else going from here?
    Photobucket
    Any KB members into pre 1976?
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    4th November 2003 - 13:00
    Bike
    BSA A10
    Location
    Rangiora
    Posts
    12,041
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    I'm looking forward to giving the Mighty Ninety a run around this weekend prior to the Barry Sheen weekend, anyone else going from here?
    Any KB members into pre 1976?
    Sounds like there will be one other BMW solo there
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."


    Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

  3. #3
    Join Date
    20th January 2008 - 17:29
    Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Location
    Auckland NZ's Epicentre
    Posts
    3,509
    Whoo hoo....what an awesome weekend, big thanks to the organizers.
    The BMW ran very well and I managed to improve my lap time from April by 5 seconds.....must be the Norton mufflers I fitted
    Had a ride on SoloBobs R100 with its concours Golf Yellow paint job......man ATE brakes and BMW front ends are crap...
    Tyler Lincoln put on a one man display of riding with his RS 125 that only weighs 75Kgs.....
    I now have his old bucket but somehow I don't think it will be as fast with me on it....
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    4th November 2003 - 13:00
    Bike
    BSA A10
    Location
    Rangiora
    Posts
    12,041
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    Had a ride on SoloBobs R100 with its concours Golf Yellow paint job......man ATE brakes and BMW front ends are crap...
    How do the two bikes compare?
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."


    Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

  5. #5
    Join Date
    20th January 2008 - 17:29
    Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Location
    Auckland NZ's Epicentre
    Posts
    3,509
    SCB's is as he bought it of TM with new tyres, and a racy seat and paint.....
    Power wise probably not a lot in it....but then the track is pretty short.
    I like my nice Racetech front end and worked over ATE brakes and non clunking forks.
    I took the fairing off and it was better to ride, I put that down to the weight saving and cardboard and tape race number
    I was about 3 seconds behind SCB in the last race and that would be down to the bike being so nice to ride as I barely move off the seat....
    Bit concerned about the gear box and it was crunching into 1st despite a new clutch......
    Only 4 weeks to get sorted...
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    20th September 2008 - 12:50
    Bike
    1981 Yamaha RD350LC,Ducati M900/RD race
    Location
    Havelock North
    Posts
    1,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    Whoo hoo....what an awesome weekend, big thanks to the organizers.
    The BMW ran very well and I managed to improve my lap time from April by 5 seconds.....must be the Norton mufflers I fitted
    Had a ride on SoloBobs R100 with its concours Golf Yellow paint job......man ATE brakes and BMW front ends are crap...
    Tyler Lincoln put on a one man display of riding with his RS 125 that only weighs 75Kgs.....
    I now have his old bucket but somehow I don't think it will be as fast with me on it....
    Was good to catch up mate, your bike look really good, all the work has paid off and you will start droping those laps times more each time. Track 2 taupo took a while for me to get get turn 1 right and set up 2, 3 and 4.
    Shame you didnt get to have a fang on the bucket with Tyler, Mt Welly and the 2hr with you and Declan
    Dale Kerrigan: If there's anything Dad loved more than serenity, it was a big two stroke engine on full throttle!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    5th January 2007 - 14:58
    Bike
    motocompo
    Location
    Buttfuck nowhere
    Posts
    4,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    How do the two bikes compare?
    My one has more front suspension travel than a YZ450 (thats a bad thing) & the forks top out & knock on hard accaleration.
    I still have stainless discs, but not for long now after riding Voltys bike, those quirky old ATE calipers can be really made to work!!
    I enjoyed his bike & commented that it felt more like a race bike than mine, hardly surprising, but I felt more at home on mine & was comfortable to push it harder, just because its not somebody elses.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    20th January 2008 - 17:29
    Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Location
    Auckland NZ's Epicentre
    Posts
    3,509
    Hampton Downs should be interesting....have to fit the 3.0:1 back on for that.
    Stick some 50 weight engine oil in the front end and run the discs over the belt sander ....be sweet as.
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    4th November 2003 - 13:00
    Bike
    BSA A10
    Location
    Rangiora
    Posts
    12,041
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    I still have stainless discs, but not for long now after riding Voltys bike,
    Nothing too wrong with stainless discs if you get the right pad compound to work with them although on my R75 we machined some cast discs from Hillman hunter front discs
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    those quirky old ATE calipers can be really made to work!!
    I refuse to believe that, hence cutting the mounts off my forks so they can't be used

    What's he done to his that you haven't?
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."


    Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

  10. #10
    Join Date
    28th August 2008 - 10:49
    Bike
    Various
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    722
    Great weekend weatherwise and normal stress free run classic weekend, so stress free i decided to have a lie down on sunday afternoon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3348.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	164.9 KB 
ID:	270666   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3349.JPG 
Views:	26 
Size:	157.2 KB 
ID:	270667   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3350.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	145.9 KB 
ID:	270668  

  11. #11
    Join Date
    27th August 2007 - 10:38
    Bike
    GSXR1000K2, 89 GSXR1100K
    Location
    ROTORUA
    Posts
    575
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcktfsh View Post
    Great weekend weatherwise and normal stress free run classic weekend, so stress free i decided to have a lie down on sunday afternoon.
    How's the shoulder buddy??
    How to make a small fortune out of motorcycle racing, start out with a BIG fortune

  12. #12
    Join Date
    28th August 2008 - 10:49
    Bike
    Various
    Location
    Hamilton
    Posts
    722
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Smith View Post
    How's the shoulder buddy??
    All good Pete, ribs a bit sore but nothing I'll be able to use as an excuse at HD.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    5th January 2007 - 14:58
    Bike
    motocompo
    Location
    Buttfuck nowhere
    Posts
    4,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
    Nothing too wrong with stainless discs if you get the right pad compound to work with them although on my R75 we machined some cast discs from Hillman hunter front discs
    I refuse to believe that, hence cutting the mounts off my forks so they can't be used

    What's he done to his that you haven't?
    Then you have been reading the internets too much & not riding Voltys bike.
    Cast discs, pads from motobins, with a 13mm handlebar mounted master cyl.
    They are meanage plus!!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    20th January 2008 - 17:29
    Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Location
    Auckland NZ's Epicentre
    Posts
    3,509
    Quote Originally Posted by sidecar bob View Post
    Then you have been reading the internets too much & not riding Voltys bike.
    Cast discs, pads from motobins, with a 13mm handlebar mounted master cyl.
    They are meanage plus!!
    and stainless lines.... new caliper seals.
    No idea what the Motobins pads are....probably the cheapest as didn't think the bike would run this long with its original 1973 pistons that exceed the clearance specs..... and the original valves that came in the motor and so on....Must be Max Headrooms careful assembly and fettling
    DeMyer's Laws - an argument that consists primarily of rambling quotes isn't worth bothering with.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •