Thread: SSDT 1959, on Lambrettas!

Bike
    Obsolete ones.

SSDT 1959, on Lambrettas!

Bike
    Very Modded DR650
    That would be hard going.
    www.AdventureRidingNZ.co.nz NZ's dedicated Adventure Riding Community
    Forums, free GPS track downloads and much more. Now over 5700 members, are you one of them?

Bike
    Yamaha TZR 5o, Beta evo 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddieb View Post
    That would be hard going.
    Nar that is some what imposible. After riding the "great event" that is the SSDT this year I have full respect for those gone before on bikes with hard tails and lacking suspension.

After 6 days, only 2 days getting into double figures in temperature, riding in snow at 7:30pm with another hour to go down the road to get home.
    600 odd miles and 2 rear tyres
    Entries are open for next year already, man I would like to do it again.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trialing it View Post
    Nar that is some what imposible. After riding the "great event" that is the SSDT this year I have full respect for those gone before on bikes with hard tails and lacking suspension.

After 6 days, only 2 days getting into double figures in temperature, riding in snow at 7:30pm with another hour to go down the road to get home.
    600 odd miles and 2 rear tyres
    Entries are open for next year already, man I would like to do it again.
    I'm still looking for a smilie that doffs it's cap to ya.

Amazing event, I spectated as a kid, back in the days of Eddie Lejeun & that big lanky Belgian. T'was great following them on the road between sections watching them fight their directional tires.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Eddie made a come back last year with his 2 brothers for the 100th, completed it which as we know is a great achievement but was not of the standard of Steve Saunders which surprised a few brits.

I was amazed how well the tyres held up, could have done it with 1 rear tyre if I had not abused it racing around the road on Friday (being road race day). Went all that way so got a new tyre instead of a DNF for a shreaded rear.

Between the time limits every day, the amount of road work and moor crossings it is not a holiday in the highlands.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trialing it View Post
    Eddie made a come back last year with his 2 brothers for the 100th, completed it which as we know is a great achievement but was not of the standard of Steve Saunders which surprised a few brits.

I was amazed how well the tyres held up, could have done it with 1 rear tyre if I had not abused it racing around the road on Friday (being road race day). Went all that way so got a new tyre instead of a DNF for a shreaded rear.

Between the time limits every day, the amount of road work and moor crossings it is not a holiday in the highlands.

It's not a holiday for spectators either. I remember forced marches across the moors, I think the Royal Marines call it yomping, to see a couple of sections, race back to the car & hare off to see some more. Rinse & repeat, all in the lovely, balmy Scottish weather.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Well another year has gone and another Kiwi finishes the SSDT. One of the longest running motorbike events in the world in it's 102nd edition.

Here are the weeks updates from Karl Clark of Motueka http://topofthesouthmototrialsnews.wordpress.com/

Here is a link for daily video's 5mins or so each for the six days. Shows the event/riding rather well enjoy.

http://www.trialscentral.com/sub-hea...t-daily-videos

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Cheers for that. So much for global warming...
    Manopausal.

Thread Information