Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Now something like a new RC30 - that'd be a good story

Bike
    F3 racebike, Ducatis
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    This thread perfectly devides those of us who are all about function, and those who love form.

I and others talk as though the bike should be a road going, mass produced sports bike.

There are those who think it should be a limited run of collectables.

Problem with collectables, their all shit. The NR750 gives me wood, but it's fuckin useless as a rider. The Desmocidici is rubbish, and ugly.

The crossplane (not big bang Glen, the cylinders all fire seperately, instead of two at a time), was a massive change in direction, to be continued on for some time. So it sold big.

Big bang, Shming Shmang - dont care.
    R1 is a great Mota but would be good to see the Fugly looks and 20kg dissapear one day soon. If i had to buy a modern litre class bike and get value for money then the R1 would be it. If i went with my heart - then an RSV4 would probaly just pip a big duke sitting in my garage.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by codgyoleracer View Post
    Big bang, Shming Shmang - dont care.
    R1 is a great Mota but would be good to see the Fugly looks and 20kg dissapear one day soon. If i had to buy a modern litre class bike and get value for money then the R1 would be it. If i went with my heart - then an RSV4 would probaly just pip a big duke sitting in my garage.
    I'm not a fan of the delivery from the R1, I think it needs to be tuned to smooth the throttle response. And for a manufacturer to release a bike with a high side happy throttle, is a fail I'd have thought.

Everything considered, I'd likely have an S1000rr in the shed, or the new Ducati if it measures up to the hype. If I had money of course.

Back on topic though, Honda need a bike that's desirable to the masses. The cbr1000 is boring, and doesn't measure up to the rest of the field. A good V4 would certainly change that, if they make it for the common man, instead of losers and collectors.

Bike
    A big Wheel, and a sponge bob scooter :P
    Ive been lusting over this guys creation for a few weeks now.
    He's been waiting for Honda to build a new 1000cc V4....he gave up, and built his own

It maybe an oldie, slow by todays standards, and probly dosn't handle as well as a modern bike....but god damn!...its one sexy road legal V4
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03523b.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	179.3 KB 
ID:	271007   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3607b.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	171.2 KB 
ID:	271008   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3610b.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	205.9 KB 
ID:	271009   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN3613b.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	143.4 KB 
ID:	271010  

When Life thows me a curve
    ...I lean into it!

Bike
    Aprilia Shiver 750, Suzuki RG150E
    Quote Originally Posted by willytheekid View Post
    He's been waiting for Honda to build a new 1000cc V4....he gave up, and built his own

It maybe an oldie, slow by todays standards, and probly dosn't handle as well as a modern bike....but god damn!...its one sexy road legal V4
    Very cool looking 1000R !!

"...you meet the weirdest people riding a Guzzi !!..."

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    The crossplane (not big bang Glen, the cylinders all fire seperately, instead of two at a time), was a massive change in direction, to be continued on for some time. So it sold big.
    Big bang just means firing them all in quickest succession doesn't it? With the crossplane crank, all four cylinders are at different crank angles, so they must all fire separately, but if it were all still on the same rotation, it could still be a big bang, as the next rotation all 4 would be going through the exhaust/intake phases. But apparently Yamaha went with 'uneven bang' instead, which is a firing interval of 270°-180°-90°-180°
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by willytheekid View Post

god dam i better have lie down and cup of water yes yes

Bike
    Honda vfr 750 fn 1992 x2 90red
    Blog Entries

Smile

You might be surprised at what that sells for at the end. If a couple bucket racers get it in their head they want it, and start out bidding each other.

I'd buy it if it was only gonna be $100

Am tempted myself (i need help ) intervention please hehe

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    Big bang just means firing them all in quickest succession doesn't it? With the crossplane crank, all four cylinders are at different crank angles, so they must all fire separately, but if it were all still on the same rotation, it could still be a big bang, as the next rotation all 4 would be going through the exhaust/intake phases. But apparently Yamaha went with 'uneven bang' instead, which is a firing interval of 270°-180°-90°-180°
    The R1 cross plane, fires all 4 slugs in the first 360 degrees. Then spins a full 360 and starts again. So starting at a bang, 0-90-180-270...360 later it starts a compression stroke for numero uno again.

Big bang is usually done with a v4, where they fire two slugs at the same time. Essentially running it as a V-twin, but a twin that's capable of pulling 16,000rpm, instead of flying apart at 13,000.

Thread Information