Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SV650 engine in VFR400 frame progress

Bike
    1992 VFR400R, 2007 SV650 Pro Twin
    Yes I can get it to fit, I just put the injectors on tonight. Didn't realise there were rules about the airbox for F3. Will be making a custom or heavily modified tank and subframe.

What other rules do I need to watch out for. We've still got a lot of hurdles before it could be considered raceworthy.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    I'll restate it - does the standard SV650 airbox fit ?

Given the F3 rules, if it doesn't it's a pointless build....

Bike
    1992 VFR400R, 2007 SV650 Pro Twin
    Quote Originally Posted by tigertim20 View Post
    fuckin cool project man!

please invest in a less shit camera, and keep the pics and updates coming, I love seeing these unique, oddball creations and projects!!!!
    Thanks for the support. I've only got onboard cameras and cellphone cameras. Will be getting a nicer cellphone soon, so better pics to come.

Update from tonight, put the injectors on, got some nicer bolts for the rear shock and linkage. Found the clipon bars for the VFR forks. Started planning the exhaust and radiator again. The front exhaust exit is quite close to the front wheel so I'm going to have to do a sharp turn straight out of the head. I think I'm going to have to look at professional assistance for the exhaust.

Might be able to run a narrow wide radiator above the head behind the forks. It might need to be a custom one though, will have to work out the surface area of the standard SV radiator and get something with similar port sizes and surface area.

Jason

Bike
    I sold it
    Novel build , i like and will watch with interest. Remember the radiator can be from any brand , type etc so open to whats going to fit the best. Are you sure the stock item cant be fitted with new pipes to feed it ? ( on the side of the bike i mean)
    As Drew says , get the pipe for at least the rear out the tail and stubby the front one if it cant be linked easily.

Bike
    2007 ktm 300exc
    Most MX bikes only carry 1-1.2 lts of coolant in there systems , a road bike like the SV would carry up 2 lts if not more, you could always fit fans to help with the air flow if side mounting the radiators.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Hmmm, "must retain the standard airbox". Doesn't say it has to be utilised at all.

Tape it to the rear cowling!

Bike
    Street Triple R
    http://thekneeslider.com/archives/20...y-alex-zemlin/

check the rad location and read the blurb about how/why/what.

very interesting. Also a super sanitary bike that looks like a VTR 250 but 1000 cc. Who wouldnt want one?
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    http://thekneeslider.com/archives/20...y-alex-zemlin/

check the rad location and read the blurb about how/why/what.

very interesting. Also a super sanitary bike that looks like a VTR 250 but 1000 cc. Who wouldnt want one?
    Radiator under the seat is fuckin hard to make reliable for a race bike that's getting it's arse thrashed non stop. The Britten worked, but he moulded the fairing right from scratch to do so.
    Last edited by Drew; 3rd October 2012 at 12:28. Reason: Should learn to read.

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    There's a Benelli run by a South African (??) dude with dreads that's got an underseat radiator. That one has an extractor fan at the back to draw air through the radiator.
    Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental Trousers View Post
    There's a Benelli run by a South African (??) dude with dreads that's got an underseat radiator. That one has an extractor fan at the back to draw air through the radiator.
    You're talkin about that heap of shit that runs at Paeroa? I thought it was an FZR1000 with a fuckin rough underseat pipe and a humerous fan inside it.

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    You're talkin about that heap of shit that runs at Paeroa? I thought it was an FZR1000 with a fuckin rough underseat pipe and a humerous fan inside it.
    That's the one. Apparently it's a Benelli Tornado

Zen wisdom: No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it too seriously. - obviously had KB in mind when he came up with that gem

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental Trousers View Post
    That's the one. Apparently it's a Benelli Tornado
    Reckon you've been led down the garden path man. But it's been a while since I saw the bike.

Bike
    CBR450RR
    Blog Entries
    Nah bro, the entire seat/tail/radiator/etc is identical to the one in the photo. Unless he did an exceptional job of grafting the entire backend of a Tornado onto a ZX10. Which I doubt.

Bike
    2007 ktm 300exc
    Those Benelli tres pop on Ebay state side on , nice looking bikes a bit like a Triumph Daytona/955i parts would be an issue here though. Performance Bike did a write up on them a while back good bike with bags of character and cheap to boot. There's a naked version also called the TNT similar to the Brutale.

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    You'd know it's a TRE 900 because it's a triple, if you can't tell a triple noise from a four, you're not a real man.

Love the SV/Viffer
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    2007 ktm 300exc
    There's a lot of those Benelli's on EBAY UK you can buy a new one for as little as 6-7 thousand pounds when you compare that to NZ$ a good buy , didn't Peter Goddard have a bit to do with the TRE in superbikes?

Thread Information