Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: SV650 engine in VFR400 frame progress

Bike
    1999 GSXR1100W, 1975 CT90
    Man. You've got me keen on making one now. I've got enough projects as it is though.

Are you able to do a build write up as a bit of an instructional course on how to do it yourself?

My idea for big power in a small frame will hopefully involve a MX engine in a Honda Cub.

Bike
    1992 VFR400R, 2007 SV650 Pro Twin
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
    Man. You've got me keen on making one now. I've got enough projects as it is though.

Are you able to do a build write up as a bit of an instructional course on how to do it yourself?

My idea for big power in a small frame will hopefully involve a MX engine in a Honda Cub.
    Do not attempt this build. There's a hundred ways to screw it up. You need some pretty awesome engineering help with the frame mounting. There's so much labour in this bike. It's genuinely not worth it, unless you want an F3 winning bike. If you start it I would put $1000 on you never finishing the build. It was legitimately painful for some of those years.

Seriously, go for the MX engine in a little bike. Far easier. NSR250 frame with 450 single MX engine. Hit up Nicky, she's got an RS GP frame with a big MX engine in it. She tries to sell it every now and again.

Thread Information