Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changing providers

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries

Changing providers

I'm at the end of my 'locked in' contract with Telstraclear. Haven't really had any problems with them, apart from the shit router they sent me, and even that has behaved itself lately.

My current plan gives 20GB ( not enough), nation wide calling, caller ID, ( a waste of money), costs me $117 per month. I want to keep the nation wide calling,.

They are currently offering a better deal than my present contract, at a lower cost for internet, but not sure if that includes nationwide calling.

I want to keep all my phone/ internet services with one company, to keep everything simple.

Any thoughts?
    " Rule books are for the Guidance of the Wise, and the Obedience of Fools"

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    Surprised no one else has answered
    Telecom tend to have the best Broadband + calling packages:
    http://www.telecom.co.nz/packages/pa...createyourown/
    50GB + Free national calling = $99

Internet is capped so I can't check the others but I would be surprised if anyone has a better deal. Maybe try slingshot?

Bike
    Your mom
    Have a look at Orcon.

Bike
    invisibike
    Blog Entries
    my vote is 2 degrees. even though they piggy back vodafone netowrk. get into the modern wireless shizmo. support NZ companya

phone competitors, (or email) tell them what you're getting, ask if they'll do a better deal (probably want you in a contract though... whether that's a problem..

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one
    that sounds like fuckall. we pay less than that and get unlimited wireless broadband, and its usually pretty quick.
    You can get plans where you get VOIP, which I dont totally understand, but basically I think your phone uses the data or something . . worth looking into.

Ring around, take the time to ask to speak to superiors, and say look, telecom/vodafone/orcon/whatever offered me XXX deal, can you match it. often they will try to get it close enough that it isnt worth you switching, if it aint broke and all that.

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    I liked the Orcon offers, but finshed up staying with Telstra. Kept my nationwide free calling, dumped the caller ID, dumped the 'never used' spare mob ph, and got my download up'ed to 60GB, ( from 20) and got a drop in the monthly bill. Down $27 a month.

Its a 12 month contract, after which, the 60GB goes up to it's original cost, but by then, I'll be out of the locked in period and able to see what else is on offer at that time.

Bike
    Your mom
    Quote Originally Posted by awa355 View Post
    and got my download up'ed to 60GB.
    I thought uploaded traffic was counted, too.

Bike
    2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300R
    How much are you paying for your new deal?

I work for Vodafone and we have sharpened our pencils on a few new Home Phone & Broadband deals.

We have a Mega Pack that gives you 80GB Broadband, Local calling and 5 FREE BestMates on the home phone (can be NZ Mobile or NZ Landlines) all for $95/month.

My relatives had a National calling add-on for $21/month only to find out they were calling 3 national numbers and paying for it using the add-on. The BestMates sussed it and they went from $120 to $95/month.

Even though I am a bit biased, take Orcon with a grain of salt. VOIP is not reliable enough in NZ yet (until UFB is nationwide). We use Orcon for our retail store due to SIP trunking systems and always have something going haywire every month or so.

Or, you could always just stay with TelstraClear and you will belong to the Vodafone family in a few years anyway

NB: These are my personal views and in no way endorsed by Vodafone NZ, 12month contract applies for Broadband discount on Mega pack. (Normally $105/month)

Bike
    tedium
    Quote Originally Posted by cameron.new View Post

Even though I am a bit biased, take Orcon with a grain of salt. VOIP is not reliable enough in NZ yet (until UFB is nationwide). We use Orcon for our retail store due to SIP trunking systems and always have something going haywire every month or so.
    Shit, we'd best not mention the cluster fuck that is Vodafone "easy" office then.

Be more impressed if Vodafone concentrated on actually providing decent nationwide mobile coverage...you know...for talking and shit.

UFB....yeah...great. Pay the current duopoly to provide broadband at more expensive rates than non subsidised providers. Fucking bonkers. Must be that revolving door the politicians have with these companies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickha
    Fuck off, cheese has no place in pies
    Quote Originally Posted by Akzle
    i would could and can, put a fat fuck down with a bit of brass.

Bike
    2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300R
    Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Shit, we'd best not mention the cluster fuck that is Vodafone "easy" office then.
    Yea better not. Awesome concept and great price but needs a little more stability. They'll get there...

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by cameron.new View Post
    Just to balance that comment, I have been with Orcon since I joined this interweb thing and I don't recall having one problem with them.

Bike
    18 Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport
    the shit router they sent me, and even that has behaved itself lately.
    That shit router connects at double the speed of the CISCO thingy my wife's work sent us.

D-Limk, Netgear, & Linksys were also unworkable.

It's Dynalink or something similarly named.

Faaarkin good
    “PHEW.....JUST MADE IT............................. UP"

Bike
    Your mom
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowDog View Post
    That shit router connects at double the speed of the CISCO thingy my wife's work sent us.

D-Limk, Netgear, & Linksys were also unworkable.

It's Dynalink or something similarly named.

Faaarkin good
    Cisco gear is normally good. How old is that router?

Bike
    Had a 2007 Suzuki C50T Boulevard
    I liked the Orcon offers, but finshed up staying with Telstra. Kept my nationwide free calling, dumped the caller ID, dumped the 'never used' spare mob ph, and got my download up'ed to 60GB, ( from 20) and got a drop in the monthly bill. Down $27 a month.

Its a 12 month contract, after which, the 60GB goes up to it's original cost, but by then, I'll be out of the locked in period and able to see what else is on offer at that time.
    Just did the same. Been with TCL for years and no complaints. Got 60G, nationwide calling, ditched the mobile as their res plan no good for business. Got divert to mobile 60min and a couple other bits and cut my bill by $20 per month. Already asked about home-biz but they advised stay on res. better and cheaper.

Been with Vodafone forever and staying with them for mobile as their biz plan suits me. Only advantage Vodafone residential has is the 5 land to mobile freebies but would never use it anyway.
    You don't get to be an old dog without learning a few tricks.
    Shorai Powersports batteries are very trick!

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    I did look closely at Telecom, but their nationwide calling was weekends only. I have saved $27 per month by ditching the TC mobile, 420 ( never used) and the ID service, $7. The sim card for the spare mob, was supposed to be a 'freebie' ( so I thought at the time ). Turned out to be a $20 per month add on.

My bill is $110 per month. $7 less than before but total up/download increased from 20-60GB.

Thread Information