Quote Originally Posted by Hubris View Post
I'll jump into this (really old post) because it's already been asked (but apparently not since 2012?!). I've acquired spools for the rear swingarm on my MT-09, and I'm looking for a paddock stand so I can do chain maintenance etc. On US-based forums they talk about how much more secure it is to raise a bike with a good sturdy, quality stand - but none of their brands seem available over here - and you'd be a loon to pay for shipping for a heavy stand.

Any good brands people can recommend that work well, seem to last, and are available on this side of the pond?
I use a "bike-lift" stand, Italian and it was around $70. It has flat plates not bobbins. You can get bobbins for them. I hoist my TDM with it without issue. TDM's have a higher lead content than any other bike, unless it's an American brand.

I have accessorised it with a 40mm bit of pine under the side stand, this holds the bike almost vertical for positioning the stand and lifting the bike. It's easy and safe.

Adjust the supporting brackets so they don't foul the wheel when lifted and have the bike somewhere level. Jobs a carrot. Lowering the bike always give me the heebie jeebies in case I lose it but it has never happened, not even hinted at going the wrong way.