Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ginger Midget is growing up!

Bike
    Your mom
    +1 to the nudes.

Bike
    NC30 VFR400
    I'll post a pic of our bikes when his new one arrives too. Though I imagine his S1000RR is gonna be cooler than mine. Not long to go until he gets dropped off here either, so instead of riding on this beautiful day, I'm cleaning the apartment. How disapointing.

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerMidget View Post
    I'll post a pic of our bikes when his new one arrives too. Though I imagine his S1000RR is gonna be cooler than mine. Not long to go until he gets dropped off here either, so instead of riding on this beautiful day, I'm cleaning the apartment. How disapointing.
    Hehe dont forget the black silk sheets, white basque, stockings under a full length leather coat, holding a bottle of wine... dont think he'll notice a dirty apartment
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike
    NC30 VFR400
    His bike arrived yesterday, and I've heard from him once since then. That was to tell me off for riding my bike with a slightly bung knee.

I had my first incident on this bike reently too, so its not quite as pretty anymore.

thought I had the stand all the way down and locked in, but apparently not.

Snapped clutch lever, and bent gear lever with minimal scratches.

I did more damage to me tan the bike! I twisted my knee as I was swinging my right leg over then noticed the bike going. Too late, it took my knee out and landed on it. Cue a bit of ligament damage, the full extent won't be known til monday. Its full of fluid and walking is, interesting. If thats the right word. Back on the bike within two weeks, but its a bit silly because its still giving a fair bit of pain.

Maybe this time I'll learn to be careful? hahahahaha

Bike
    Had a 2007 Suzuki C50T Boulevard
    Ouch! It's even more embarrassing when you're showing off your new bike to your mates and you forget to put the side stand down... Hurt pride more though...

Hope your knee heals fast!
    You don't get to be an old dog without learning a few tricks.
    Shorai Powersports batteries are very trick!

Bike
    NC30 VFR400
    Haha Yes! I'm kinda lucky in the way that it was dark and everyone was inside. I had to extract myself from under the bike and limp inside to ask for help to get it back up though. I needed both legs to get it up and I didn't have a show in heck of getting the required amount of weight on that leg. Bit of a shame, I had the technique right!

Bike
    Had a 2007 Suzuki C50T Boulevard
    Yeah I guess that would be somewhat embarrassing, hope they didn't fall about laughing first... That's the normal reaction I get...
    You don't get to be an old dog without learning a few tricks.
    Shorai Powersports batteries are very trick!

Bike
    1994 Kawasaki EL250
    Blog Entries

thought I had the stand all the way down and locked in, but apparently not.

Snapped clutch lever, and bent gear lever with minimal scratches.

I did more damage to me tan the bike! I twisted my knee as I was swinging my right leg over then noticed the bike going. Too late, it took my knee out and landed on it. Cue a bit of ligament damage, the full extent won't be known til monday. Its full of fluid and walking is, interesting. If thats the right word. Back on the bike within two weeks, but its a bit silly because its still giving a fair bit of pain.

Maybe this time I'll learn to be careful? hahahahaha
    Just watch your knee! I dropped my 255kg bike on my right leg (back of the calf) trying to start it in gear, was walking on it for about a week, went to the hospital as I was having trouble walking up and down stairs, turns out I had fractured my tibial plateau in 2 places! That was October last year and I'm now only getting back out on my bike this week! I only got the all clear from the doc a few weeks back!

Like you, going to be more careful in future!! Good luck!!
    Distributor of Uncle Garrys cushions for Uncle Flips Kickers (or should that be knickers?!?)

Cleverly disguised as an adult! D.N.B.W and newly est Grease Monkey

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiPhoenix View Post
    Just watch your knee! I dropped my 255kg bike on my right leg (back of the calf) trying to start it in gear, was walking on it for about a week, went to the hospital as I was having trouble walking up and down stairs, turns out I had fractured my tibial plateau in 2 places! That was October last year and I'm now only getting back out on my bike this week! I only got the all clear from the doc a few weeks back!

Like you, going to be more careful in future!! Good luck!!
    Perhaps you look at reconnecting the sidestand kill switch ... ?? It then wont start in gear (Like mine )
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    1994 Kawasaki EL250
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    Perhaps you look at reconnecting the sidestand kill switch ... ?? It then wont start in gear (Like mine )
    How Long did it take to figure that out? I don't remember?!?
    Distributor of Uncle Garrys cushions for Uncle Flips Kickers (or should that be knickers?!?)

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KiwiPhoenix View Post
    How Long did it take to figure that out? I don't remember?!?
    I'm not sure it can be connected. Or will work if it was. Would you be happier if it was .. ???

Bike
    BMW F650 Hoonda GB500 KTM525 sixdays
    riding that Megelli thing .
    Hey - somebody bought one!- I have to know- what are they like? the sidestand looksway too low , but they are a pretty bike....
    Retired- just some guy with a few bikes......

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Edbear View Post
    Ouch! It's even more embarrassing when you're showing off your new bike to your mates and you forget to put the side stand down... Hurt pride more though...

Hope your knee heals fast!
    I followed a mate once ... as he dropped his girlfriend home. He stopped at said girlfriends place and let her get off. He got off then to to give the obligatory good night kiss ... and walked over to her.

Yep .... he forgot about putting the sidestand down.

He remembered the next time though ...

Look after your knee ... you have two ... but they work better as a pair ...

Bike
    NC30 VFR400
    The megelli was surpringly fun! Sounded a lot bigger and faster than it was though. The underseat pipe was insanely loud for a 250.

The sidestand on the ninja does have the cut out when in gear feature, but I tend to stop and put it in neutral to park it. Which unfortunately negates that.

The ligament down the outer side of my left knee is still giving me greif, I walked to work for the first time in two weeks, and I knew about it half way there. We're talking maybe just under a km? Probably not even that. Sadly not much I can do until Monday when its checked out again at the hospital. More x-rays and hopefully having the remains of the fluid drained. Its still got a fairly large bubble sitting on the left side above the joint. Fun times...

And now, its time to rush off and get ready for the work christmas party! Lucky I have hours!

Bike
    1994 Kawasaki EL250
    Blog Entries

The ligament down the outer side of my left knee is still giving me greif, I walked to work for the first time in two weeks, and I knew about it half way there. We're talking maybe just under a km? Probably not even that. Sadly not much I can do until Monday when its checked out again at the hospital. More x-rays and hopefully having the remains of the fluid drained. Its still got a fairly large bubble sitting on the left side above the joint. Fun times...

And now, its time to rush off and get ready for the work christmas party! Lucky I have hours!
    Fingers crossed for you! Keep us posted on how you're doing!

Thread Information