Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Paint job for Yamaha FZR 250?

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    This is a rattlecan job done at home - including all the logos.....

a lot of work, though.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RG250.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	239.4 KB 
ID:	271325  
    “- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Bike
    89 GS500, 89 ZXR400, 93 RGV250, 14 MT07
    You could look at getting some painted Chinese made fairings.
    When I looked at painting my bike, getting new fairings shipped here and out the cheapest option. It was around $650

Bike
    Windle, MoBuilt, Fireblade, RS250, FZR4
    Quote Originally Posted by pratik8890 View Post
    but I have been reading few forums on here where few of us got pretty good paint jobs on their bikes for $250 to $500.
    so then why don't you ask those people that got 250-500 dollar paint jobs where they got theirs done and send your bike there??

I paint a bit of stuff, paint alone is worth heaps, depending on what your using but you could pay over 100 per litre and need at least 2 litres, plus primer and undercoat. plus the man hours spent prepping the body work..

if you find someone keen to paint bikes for 250 all up - then make sure you make a thread and advertise them like hell lol!

Bike
    Dougcati, Geoff and Suzi
    I'm more than happy to do a $250 paint job for you.
    It'll look shit though
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul in NZ View Post
    Ha...Thats true but life is full horrible choices sometimes Merv. Then sometimes just plain stuff happens... and then some more stuff happens.....

Alloy, stainless and Ti polishing.
    Bling your bike out!
    PM me

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one
    Thank to all, Yeah I know $1000 is could be the right price for a decent paint job but I have been reading few forums on here where few of us got pretty good paint jobs on their bikes for $250 to $500. Please follow the links below where one guy got paint for his bike done fo $ 250:
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/ar...p/t-54310.html

The 2nd guy got his for $500:
    http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/ar.../t-148355.html

SO after reading these threads above made me curious as to why not do some research and find someone whoc could do a good job at the right price.

Hey Mossy1200 Bud, could you please tell me where did u get the paint job done on your wonderful bike, The paint on your bike looks mean as, I wouldn't hesitate even for a second to get a paint like that on my bike, Please let me know the name of the place and I could come down to Welly to get it done from there. Thanks in advance
    okIll be clearer for you.
    $1000 is cheap.its almost mates rates cheap if you want a decent job done of it, painting motorcycles with their unique curves and shit is quite labour intensive.

To get a decent job done UNDER $1000 you basically have two options.
    Do it yourself.
    or
    have a friend who is a good painter who owes you a favour offer to do it cheaply because hes ya mate and you owe him.
    just materials like the paint, clear cot if necessary, any base coats, any plastic welding that needs to be done first to repair small cracks etc, sandpaper and whatnot could easily run you $700+, thats before you account for the TIME it takes to do it.

at under a grand, you are basically asking a professional to do all the actual work for free.

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144
    Quote Originally Posted by ducatilover View Post
    I'm more than happy to do a $250 paint job for you.
    It'll look shit though
    Lol, I'll do a decent job for that, but you'll have to do ALL the prep work. That means stripping all the stickers/graphics off, rubbing the fairings back so there's no lines where the clear ended at said stickers and giving the whole thing a going over with silicone remover and something around 600 grit. That'll get it ready for primer...then that will need to be 600/1000 back to dead smooth.
    Count on around 2-3 full days solid work. The $250 will just cover the cost of the paint. You'll need a few sheets of sandpaper and some tape and silicone remover.
    I GUARANTEE that after day 1 you'll think a grand is a pretty sweet deal.

Option 2 is that it could be sprayed with 2k enamel, a whole lot less prep (still a good couple of days worth), but way less colour options and it won't have the depth of a 2k COB job. Still cost the same tho.
    Drew for Prime Minister!

www.oldskoolperformance.com

www.prospeedmc.com for parts ex U.S.A ( He's a Kiwi! )

Bike
    Mv Agusta F4

Ty all for ur replies

@ Spman-That looks gud bruv, any idea how much did it cost u to get it done?

@Asher-Do u know a place where I cud buy those painted fairings? TY

@FastEddie-I will go throught those old archives to get their details and hit thme up for the painters details, ty for ur suggestion.

@DucatiLover- Ty for ur help anyway

@Tigertim20-Yer ur right, I'll aks one of my Motorbike mate if he cud assit me with doin that.

@DEATH_INC- Yeah brah, but I dont have a choice as the Bike is only worth 2 Kish so it not wise/sorth spending such an amount of dosh to get the paint done..

I am still hopeful for someone/something may come up with a ray of hope

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    @ Spman-That looks gud bruv, any idea how much did it cost u to get it done?
    Cost me nothing - cost Matt, who rebuilt the bike from a soggy wiring loom fire mess, (he bought the bike for parts, originally) lots of time, effort and about 20 cans of paint. He certainly didn't do it for the money.......
    “- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Bike
    1989 fzr250
    I'm in the same boat as you with mine. Look on ebay, painted fairing are about $600 ish shipped and apparently aren't too bad either, the fitting isn't perfect so is a little fiddly but once its on it looks good, thats the route I'm going when I feel like running out the bank account.

Ie
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/ABS-bodywork...d5dcf7&vxp=mtr

Bike
    Mv Agusta F4
    Thanks again SPman for ur reply,

@ McFatty1000- Hey bud did u check out the picture posted by Mossy1200 on the very 1st page if this thread? That Bike there has been painted by his mate Automan6, I winder If both of us cud get a gud deal on gettin our bikes painted by Him, i.e If ur keen as well? Combined job will save us money I guess? I'm still waiting for him to get in contact with me. Hope he does that soon enough..

Bike
    1989 fzr250
    I would, however, I'm just getting the carbs redone fully so not too wealthy at the moment and my fairings really need replaced due to the age and how brittle they've become. So sorry about that but not quite.

Potential on combined shipping on new ones off ebay but not sure how much that would actually help.

Do you know what paint scheme yours was originally?

Bike
    1991 Kawasaki ZXR400L1
    I just spent the last 4 days repainting my bike. I've sanded each panel 4 times, sprayed them 3 times, cleaned them 5 times and cut'n polish. Not only that but the effort of cleaning and setting up the work areas take a lot of time too. Materials all up probably cost about $200 including 1l ltr of paint (laquer) & clear.

Painting sucks (well the prep and cleaning anyway) and anyone else I wouldn't do it for less than $1200. However if you did all the prep and had everything ready to go, for $250 I'd come over with my spray gun and squirt the paint on for you.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    . . . Yeah brah, but I dont have a choice as the Bike is only worth 2 Kish so it not wise/sorth spending such an amount of dosh to get the paint done..
    . . .

Finally a ray of realisation. It just isn't worth painting that bike.

. . . Well not until you're 60 & you hunt the same model down you used to have in your youth & a burst of nostalgia now the kids have moved out of home (except the youngest & he isn't taking the hint despite changing the locks) decide to spend that money to recapture,. . .um, - not sure quite what now, . . .- but it seemed important at the time.

Save the money & wait till you need tyres or have to replace the warped disc.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Bikes!
    Only three options.... yellow with black speed blocks, white with red speed blocks, or Marlboro.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Wash your mouth out with soap. Those are 2 stroke replica colours

I almost bought a Marlboro TZR back in the day. Purrty.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Thread Information