Page 4 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris' Bucket photo thread - Bandwidth warning

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    The front on the GPs is really vague. Most improvement is to drop the forks through the clamps so there is less exposed flexi forks. This will help turn in.

Of course the first thing you will notice is that they don't have top clamps. This is tragic but can be fixed with an old set of lower clamps cut & welded to the original & the hole opened up.

Next you'll need to do something about the footpegs.

these days I really wouldn't bother & would try find a cheap RG250 chassis.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    RS125, TZ80, RS50, RS50, FXR
    Thanks Dave. I've been thinking a lot about this old frame and chatted to Rob on Sunday about their attempts with it. I'm going to go in and have a gander at what they've done soon.

I completely agree with just swapping to a new frame and tried my hardest to secure that NF4 frame that was for sale recently but missed by a few minutes I believe. As I intend to learn as much as I can about frame design and 2 strokes, it may not be the worst idea to press on with this frame and learn along the way. At least it will be light, much lighter than my FXR which pains my subconscious every time I go to push it (damn steel frame heavy bastard).

I will have further queries regarding the frame at a later date.

Bike

January 2013 - Mt Wellington Fun Races

I spent my Saturday and Sunday at Mt Wellington for the practice and fun race day. Having not raced since November, I was eager to get as much track time as I could handle which consequently ended in my body now being wrecked!

It was a really good weekend of bikes with clear skies and a breeze to keep us slightly cooled. I let a few of my mates have a go on my FXR which should hopefully kick them into gear and mean they'll soon be out there. During the Saturday practice I made the most of my opportunities to follow Brian and others where I could in the hopes their riding ability may rub off on myself. Brian gave me a few pointers on braking which helped a huge amount! and lead to setting a new PB of 32.61s anticlockwise. On Sunday I improved on this with a 32.20s anticlockwise and I'm eager to keep the ball rolling into the 31s bracket! Thanks guys, I appreciate the hell out of any guidance I can get.

Races run:
    5 lap sprint anticlockwise with no grid order - first on the grid gets pole - then straight after returning to the pits, back out for a 5 lap clockwise sprint
    10 lap race around 'the ring' (midfield coned off) anticlockwise then straight after, clockwise 10 laps. Again no grid placing.
    Borrowed bike race - anyone can enter as long as it's not your bike - 10 laps clockwise then 10 laps anticlockwise around the ring.

I swapped bikes with Rick's son Will who rides a CBR150 with cams, exhaust, carb, which was really fun! It had much much better throttle response than my FXR (with more work done to it) although I need to work on the jetting of my bike still. It hasn't been on the dyno before but I'd love to over lap the curves between bikes for a comparison.

Thanks to all that helped out and organised the day, great fun!
    Last edited by chrisc; 28th January 2013 at 19:58. Reason: chopped into two posts to conserve room

Bike
    Credit for many of these photos goes to Simon (cheers dad) which where processed and edited by myself

Photos:

Tim (fixer) on his new Aprilia RS50 (see team ESE thread) and on the RS GP125 bike during the 'borrowed bike race' on Sunday.

Cully's FZR GP (not the beast, which looks very similar)

Andrew slipping out of first position during an anticlockwise ring race

Will on his CBR150

and again hustling with John in the midfield

I will post more later, thanks for viewing!

Bike
    Suzuki 125

Blah

Tim in the swappa crate race. Av's bike in disguise, I wanted to see that it is ok from its seize at the GP
    we hope to be at Te puke, sorry guys.

Bike

NZCMRR Triumph Fest 2013

I was out at Hampton today taking in the european biking scene and found Brian half off a trike

and a TZ350 for Rob. It's for sale too, only $12k

Bike
    RG50 and 76 Suzuki GP125 Buckets
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisc View Post
    and a TZ350 for Rob. It's for sale too, only $12k
    Thanks, that’s really neat .....

Bike
    I bought some RS125 wheels from Billy which I might put on the GP frame in the future but I have no real plan. They were a good price and they don't come up often so why not eh. They came with an aluminum disk and a Talon (copy) sprocket carrier. I'm crazy busy with full time work and study at the moment so not much progress in anything as of late... except I put FCR41s on the SR20DE which is in my Datsun 1200. That's pretty fun.

Bike
    I just lost count
    I bought some RS125 wheels from Billy which I might put on the GP frame in the future.....
    There are words for people like you. But they are not nice to say in public.

For the record Qkkid was in my bed, not the other way round

Quote Originally Posted by Yow Ling View Post
    Pumba is a wise man.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    What you need to complete the picture is some nice machined RS cush drive donuts.

But Tim bought the last set a week ago.

There you go Pumba, revenge is sweet. He'll have to sell them at a loss now, poise yourself at TM. . . . . NOW.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Rattlecan blue
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    What you need to complete the picture is some nice machined RS cush drive donuts.

But Tim bought the last set a week ago.

There you go Pumba, revenge is sweet. He'll have to sell them at a loss now, poise yourself at TM. . . . . NOW.
    I'll save him the hassle of listing on TM and offer him the $50 they are worth right now
    Stock is best

Bike
    Pumba:

Henk:

F5 Dave:

Any idea if more are to be made soonish?

Bike
    RS/KE125, PW50
    Any idea if more are to be made soonish?
    I can set you up with a set, they arent perfect but they'll get you up and running. Surely those wheels should go on the FXR.

Bike
    1996 Buell S1
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    I can set you up with a set, they arent perfect but they'll get you up and running. Surely those wheels should go on the FXR.
    I think he is being drawn towards the light

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by cotswold View Post
    I think he is being drawn towards the light
    If Koba hadn't beaten me (and it looks like many others including you Kel) to the punch by a minute or two, they'd be on my new NF4 frame.

The FXR is an FXR. It allows me to race every month and doesn't ask for much but it's not a 2 stroke and it's heavy as hell. Light and nimble 2 strokes are what have my attention right now!

Thread Information