Thread: Suzuki Katana sliders? ('99 Teapot)

Bike
    BMW GS

Support Suzuki Katana Sliders ? ('99 Teapot)

Morning,
    while I'm rebuilding (or trying to) my Suzuki DR650 I got a sport-touring bike to use as a second and commuting bike... Suzuki gsx750F Katana '99 also known as "teapot"
    She is well kept bur has got the typical trademark of many of those 2hd hand bikes.. dents and scrapes on the right side from previous owner trying to use the main stand
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PA110183.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	538.1 KB 
ID:	271489

So i went to get a quote to respray the panel $500 ?!? Does that sound right for half panel scratched guys?
    In the mean time i'm looking for sliders (those plastic bits that stick out to save paint work) but the only ones I can find for this model come from the states made to order for 145US$.
    http://www.scrmotorcycles.com/katanasliders.html
    Anybody makes or could make sliders for this bike without me having to cut the farings?

Cheers.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    If you are going to repaint, do the whole bike. PM crazefox.

Given the nature of the coverage of the fairing on a Teapot, it is unlikely that you'll find sliders that don't need a hole cut to mount them.

Having said that, I found these: http://t-rex-racing.com/catalog.php?item=228

They're out of stock at present, but maybe a contact might convince them to make a set.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    1993 Yamaha FJ 1200
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pisTamunno View Post
    So i went to get a quote to respray the panel $500 ?!? Does that sound right for half panel scratched guys?
    In the mean time i'm looking for sliders (those plastic bits that stick out to save paint work) but the only ones I can find for this model come from the states made to order for 145US$.
    http://www.scrmotorcycles.com/katanasliders.html
    Anybody makes or could make sliders for this bike without me having to cut the farings?

Cheers.
    Yep ... sounds about right for the paint. To prep the bike and mix the paint to the correct shade takes time. But get a few extra liters mixed for you to keep, in case of later touch-ups are needed.

Unless the fairings can handle the weight of the entire bike landing on the sliders .... in the event of an off (or sliders being torn off) ... some holes in the fairing will be required. So any weight/stress on the sliders .. will be taken by the chassis.
    When life throws you a curve ... Lean into it ...

Bike
    ducati 916
    sent u a message mate

Bike
    Sold it
    Look up Big Knobs frame sliders. He's on the Shore and he can whip you up a set of custom sliders. His Facebook site is quite good.

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    Best bet with the teapot (it is NOT a Katana) is to insure it, fall off, write it off and get another bike .........

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Said the bloke riding the actual definition of motorcycling pipe and slippers
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Thread Information