Thread: PDF Conversions

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries

PDF Conversions

I'm using a trial version OF doxidilion file converter by NCH. I then save it as a ODT document.( is this the best format?) It works well but I want a permanent conversion programme, or Is it simply the settings for Office 2007 on this laptop, not correct??

The laptop is new, runs Windows 7 home premium, I installed Office 2007, but the pdf files, that have been downloaded and saved, wont open in it. The same programme on my little HP notebook ( also W7 ), opens pdf without any hassles. This is the first laptop I have ever had any problems opening pdf files.

On an earlier thread, I had asked about OO v Libre etc. then found I had a bona-fide Windows Office 2007 programme in the drawer.
    " Rule books are for the Guidance of the Wise, and the Obedience of Fools"

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    I presume you want to view PDF documents. In this case, use Adobe Reader. Free download from Adobe.

If you want to edit PDF documents it gets a little harder (and usually a lot more expensive). It depends how much you want to edit as to the best solution...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    2010 Honda CB1000R Predator
    Blog Entries
    Are you perhaps trying to just create a PDF? If so, download the free "Save As PDF" extension from Microsoft. Then you can simply save any document in office as a PDF.

Bike
    Bikes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    I presume you want to view PDF documents. In this case, use Adobe Reader. Free download from Adobe.
    Give the FoxIt reader a go. Does the same thing without the hideous amounts of bloat that poor old Adobe Reader carries.

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries
    I had Adobe flash thingy already installed. Downloaded Adobe reader. PDF files seem to be opening okay now.
    " Rule books are for the Guidance of the Wise, and the Obedience of Fools"

Thread Information