Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: It's indestructable biker season again!

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    Quote Originally Posted by strandedinnz View Post
    Wow! Until now I did not even realise there were different classes of riders! I thought person on "bike == biker"

You live and learn something new every day.
    Considering you started the thread with the different 'indestructible' class of bikers in the title, I'm kind of surprised you hadn't realised this already...

Anyway, regardless of the gear you do choose to wear, its always a good idea to get a friend to make sure it is on properly.

"A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    VFR
    If im just going down to the supermarket or somewhere local, I'll only throw my helmet on, and maybe my jacket. Because, quite frankly, if I can't get 1-2ks down the road on a 50kph residential street and back without falling off, I deserve all the shit that comes my way. S'how I look at it anyway.

Bike
    Yamaha XJR1300
    Looks like my grumble about a pet peev is going to be turned into a big slagging match .. sorry about that!

I just wanted to voice my opinion that I don't think it's a great idea to not wear decent gear when on a motorbike, cause it's not a case of "if" you fall off, but of "when" you fall off :-(
    An extra layer just means the road has to grind it's way through that before it gets to your skin ... seems a no brainer concept to me!

Mate, every second thread on KB is a slagging match!
    Just choose which posts to agree with and which ones to ignore, but choose carefully. Following the wrong prick's advice on here is likely to get you messed up bad!

The most experienced and talented riders I know and respect always wear their gear, that to me says more than a blow hard trying to sound tough on a forum.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Limb View Post
    Following the advice on here is likely to get you messed up bad!
    Fixed that for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Limb View Post
    The most experienced and talented riders I know and respect always wear their gear, that to me says more than a blow hard trying to sound tough on a forum.
    Easy comment to make without qualifying it at all.

Bet I know more fuckin useless cunts, who wear all the gear all the time.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    How do you get the job of boobie holder-upper? what qualificatons are requred? Is it OK to do it with an erection (its small, though, does that matter?)

are there more photos in that series?

because, you know, boobs!
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    2017 Husqvarana FS701
    Yo yo yo

It's t-shirt and jeans wheelie time y'all!
    Nail your colours to the mast that all may look upon them and know who you are.
    It takes a big man to cry...and an even bigger man to laugh at that man.

Bike
    A big Wheel, and a sponge bob scooter :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Well, that was certainly a piss poorly written rant.

I am an advocate of riders LEARNING TO FUCKING RIDE! I'm sick of the sanctimonious pricks thinking that because they wear all the gear all the time, they have the moral high ground.

You do NOT. The biggest thing hurting riders, is THEMSELVES.

Do you fucking get it? Can you fathom that the gear will not save you when a fucking truck runs you over? Fuck, it wont even promise an open casket at your funeral, that three hundred bikers will show up to, even though only four of them knew you.

That serious enough for you cunt? Ya get that I make light of it all, because preaching on here to noobs, is going to achieve nothing at fucking all?

Fuck all people listen, and those that do have sense enough to spot the bulshit anyway.

To sum up, eat my shit and die fucker. Place is better without the likes of you anyway.
    You Angry bro?

I too am a firm believer in Riders learning to ride! (helps quiet a bit...so I have heard,hence why I have done multiple rider & race training course's)

And I also agree that gear won't save your arse in a big off(It may! tho)...and it sure does reduce the injuries of low speed crashes etc.

And it has nothing to do with "moral high ground", and every thing to do with reducing the risk and using common sense.

Your quite right in regards to the biggest risk to riders is...themselves!...there lack of skill, experience and the fatal belief that they are better than most and there own actual skills, and just a mind set will see them right.

And as for adding your name to that post...it was because you are usually the "mouth" of reason and common sense on here...usually very quick to spot the obvious idiot post and attack with the colorful language and tack of a drunk angry Irish sailor!, as was displayed in this post! (So I was surprised to see you shy away from that one and make a joke of it)

As for the open casket...mate, in 30yrs of riding Ive buried 7 mates due to riding stupidity...and had the horror of "trying" to hold one of my mates brains inside his crushed helmet while searching for some kind of life...so yes...I certainly DO get it...and seen it...and learn't from it!

Ive also learn't the hard way and crashed with no gear on (18 and bullet proof...turned out I wasn't)...the skin graft's and months of rehab is definitely the worst way to learn the ATGATT rule...hence my attitude towards pointing learners in the right direction.

Oh...and Im not leaving!...just distancing myself and trying not to be so involved in the shit....speaking of which...thanks...but no thanks, my dog eats shit...not me, and I have no intention of dying any time soon....I still owe Nodrog a root!

ps: "Fuck all people listen, and those that do have sense enough to spot the bulshit anyway"...very true...can young learner riders looking for advice on here spot this??

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post

To sum up, eat my shit and die fucker. Place is better without the likes of you anyway.
    You need to chill, dude. Look at post 31 in this thread. This one chick is fondling the tits of another. I think thats something we can all get behind.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    It was on the good
    I just wanted to voice my opinion that I don't think it's a great idea to not wear decent gear when on a motorbike, cause it's not a case of "if" you fall off, but of "when" you fall off :-
    Why would you even consider riding a motorbike if it is your expectation that you are going fall off? It makes no sense whatsoever.

Bike
    2010, Suzuki DR-Z400SM
    Quote Originally Posted by bogan View Post
    Considering you started the thread with the different 'indestructible' class of bikers in the title, I'm kind of surprised you hadn't realised this already...
    That was a jab at people I consider stupid! ... honestly didn't realise there are people who think they don't need to wear gear!

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by willytheekid View Post
    You Angry bro?

I too am a firm believer in Riders learning to ride! (helps quiet a bit...so I have heard,hence why I have done multiple rider & race training course's)

And I also agree that gear won't save your arse in a big off(It may! tho)...and it sure does reduce the injuries of low speed crashes etc.

And it has nothing to do with "moral high ground", and every thing to do with reducing the risk and using common sense.

Your quite right in regards to the biggest risk to riders is...themselves!...there lack of skill, experience and the fatal belief that they are better than most and there own actual skills, and just a mind set will see them right.

And as for adding your name to that post...it was because you are usually the "mouth" of reason and common sense on here...usually very quick to spot the obvious idiot post and attack with the colorful language and tack of a drunk angry Irish sailor!, as was displayed in this post! (So I was surprised to see you shy away from that one and make a joke of it)

As for the open casket...mate, in 30yrs of riding Ive buried 7 mates due to riding stupidity...and had the horror of "trying" to hold one of my mates brains inside his crushed helmet while searching for some kind of life...so yes...I certainly DO get it...and seen it...and learn't from it!

Ive also learn't the hard way and crashed with no gear on (18 and bullet proof...turned out I wasn't)...the skin graft's and months of rehab is definitely the worst way to learn the ATGATT rule...hence my attitude towards pointing learners in the right direction.

Oh...and Im not leaving!...just distancing myself and trying not to be so involved in the shit....speaking of which...thanks...but no thanks, my dog eats shit...not me, and I have no intention of dying any time soon....I still owe Nodrog a root!

ps: "Fuck all people listen, and those that do have sense enough to spot the bulshit anyway"...very true...can young learner riders looking for advice on here spot this??
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    You need to chill, dude. Look at post 31 in this thread. This one chick is fondling the tits of another. I think thats something we can all get behind.
    Yeah, bad day.

Prolly took it too far, the underlying message I stand behind though.

Bike
    RSV4RR, M109R, ZX10R
    Blog Entries
    The tarded dork that rides his blue R1 on the hutt motorway at 250+kph at around 5pm needs two sets of leathers. No make that shorts and scuffs.
    Your wheelies and slash cut pipe gets you noticed plus your bike runs like poos.
    I have evolved as a KB member.Now nothing I say should be taken seriously.

Bike
    RC36, RC31, KR-E, CR125
    That was a jab at people I consider stupid! ... honestly didn't realise there are people who think they don't need to wear gear!
    Speaking of which, Berries makes a good point; I can see why you'd consider gear to be a necessity with that attitude, but I think such an attitude is a bit shark on whisky.

Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    Why would you even consider riding a motorbike if it is your expectation that you are going fall off? It makes no sense whatsoever.
    "A shark on whiskey is mighty risky, but a shark on beer is a beer engineer" - Tad Ghostal

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Do we really need another thread lecturing people about what they should and shouldn't do? That's called religion and that particular ideology is vastly more deadly than motorcycling.

If someone nods or waves, wave back. Or nod. Or do the official KB wave (ask your local mental, sorry "Mentor", to demonstrate).

No one responds well to being told they're doing it all wrong. They usually respond well to someone being friendly and non-judgmental. Everyone dies, and some do it on a bike. It's shitty, but it happens. Not one of those dead people was saved by their gear. None of them. If it's your time, it's your time, you can be in head to toe Alpinestars or Jandals and shorts and if you die, you're just as dead in the Alpinestars stuff.

You can cartwheel down a steep bank in a borrowed helmet, Tennis shorts, a wife beater and plimsols and just get a grass stain on one knee. Even after the DT125 hits you 8 times as it cartwheels with you.

Or you can fail at an avoidance technique at 75 km/hr wearing all the gear and fracture you skull, rupture an ear-drum, break 10 ribs, lacerate your liver, bruise a kidney, and destroy all the soft tissue and cartilage in one ankle and then spend the next 3 months sitting in a chair learning to read and write again.

In the meantime, get on your bike, ride it, have fun doing it. And do your best to restrain yourself from making anyone else's day shitty by loudly telling them to their face, or in an Internet forum that they're a fuckwit. That's not biker behaviour, that's someone's harridan MUM being a pain in the arse!
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    '03 FXD
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy1200 View Post
    The tarded dork that rides his blue R1 on the hutt motorway at 250+kph at around 5pm needs two sets of leathers. No make that shorts and scuffs.
    Your wheelies and slash cut pipe gets you noticed plus your bike runs like poos.
    I know what you mean.The fucker wouldn't get out of my way when I caught up to him while lane splitting.
    Never too old to Rock n Roll.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I've got miserly tourettes and I don't give a fuck.

Thread Information