Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Open face helmets vs full face helmets - what's your preference?

Bike
    Speed Triple
    I could never bring myself to sport an open facer.
    That said I do like feeling the wind on my face.
    Visor up as much as I can.

Some people are only alive because it is illegal to shoot them.

Bike
    1995 XJ900 Diversion
    Open face is nice around town, but on the highway, you get hit with stones on the lip and rain feels like needles. And a lot of wind in the eyes.

What a Fucken poofter, I can't believe I wrote that shit

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    Quote Originally Posted by jafar View Post
    Exactly, not too hard to guess the outcome if this had been an open face helmet

Pfft, if he had been driving a car instead of riding a bike there would have not been an issue...
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    2015 HD Street 500
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
    Pfft, if he had been driving a car instead of riding a bike there would have not been an issue...
    But scummy, you have seen his car, if it was in the position needed to do this to a helmet. well.................
    To be old and wise, first you must be young and stupid.

Bike
    Roadstar 1600 & Royal Star Venture
    Quote Originally Posted by Road kill View Post
    Full face helmets are very dangerous,in my big crash I was wearing a full face,,but I'm sorry I don't have any pictures because I don't like to advertise my cock ups,,,,like some people

But in 40 years of using open face helmets I've never had a crash while wearing one.

I can also post heaps of pictures of undamaged open face helmets as proof positive of both this and my Owesome riding skills

In fact I belive full face helmets are actually accident promoting devices due to their making their wearers feel safer than they really are.

Exersize,,,put one of those squids out on the road with no helmet at all and see how he rides.

Then put him out there with a full face on and see how he rides.

I rest my case
    Sorry mate I rode for years with an open face lid,,,,, and went to full face AFTER seeing just the end result that happens from hitting the clocks/shield face first!!
    I can 'agree' with the perceived safety you point out, and it is the same as the perceived safety that ABS, traction control, etc in cars.
    But for physical safety?? I can only think of one word... BOLLOX!! The time that full face lids WERE a physical danger was back in the 1970's before they realised they needed to 'lift' the rear of the shell to prevent necks being broken...
    Yes you can get better peripheral vision and hear better in traffic using an open face,, thats where a flip front comes into it's own.. best of both worlds!
    If the road to hell is paved with good intentions; and a man is judged by his deeds and his actions, why say it's the thought that counts? -GrayWolf

Bike
    Triumph Saint,Triumph Adventurer
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayWolf View Post
    Sorry mate I rode for years with an open face lid,,,,, and went to full face AFTER seeing just the end result that happens from hitting the clocks/shield face first!!
    I can 'agree' with the perceived safety you point out, and it is the same as the perceived safety that ABS, traction control, etc in cars.
    But for physical safety?? I can only think of one word... BOLLOX!! The time that full face lids WERE a physical danger was back in the 1970's before they realised they needed to 'lift' the rear of the shell to prevent necks being broken...
    Yes you can get better peripheral vision and hear better in traffic using an open face,, thats where a flip front comes into it's own.. best of both worlds!
    Really,you take this shit seriously ?too much.

Bike
    2014 Honda VFR1200F
    Blog Entries

Blah

That like saying "if he had been playing on his xbox there wouldn't have been an issue".
    bikes and babes are best naked

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy View Post
    MONEYI don't have any
    Quote Originally Posted by Mom View Post
    I found I had a fluffy seam when my crotch got wet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lula View Post
    Pussy forget about him.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by jafar View Post
    That like saying "if he had been playing on his xbox there wouldn't have been an issue".
    You can use an xbox to travel around???
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........

Bike
    I got slammed in the helmet today by something something wet and squishy..... would have been too gross and painful if it had hit my face. Not sure what it was!

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by hellokitty View Post
    I got slammed in the helmet today by something something wet and squishy..... would have been too gross and painful if it had hit my face. Not sure what it was!
    In some countries people would pay for that.

And Hamilton.

Bike
    k6 hayabusa
    Quote Originally Posted by BlightyBiker View Post
    I recently dropped my cheap-arse first helmet so I'm looking to get a new one.

But with summer coming up I've been considering buying an open face (possibly in conjunction with a full face for longer/faster riders - bugs in your teeth etc). I just think it would feel much nicer on the commute into work with an open face during the summer months.

Any thoughts on safety/looks/practicality of open face vs full face?
    iv seen pics of what happens to some people that have had a major accident wearing an open face skid lid and the pics remind me how glad i am i own a full face. never mind the bugs and shit in your teeth with an open face , imagine chin and jaw vs handle bar or other hard objects

Bike
    Triple Delight
    Quote Originally Posted by BlightyBiker View Post
    I recently dropped my cheap-arse first helmet so I'm looking to get a new one.

But with summer coming up I've been considering buying an open face (possibly in conjunction with a full face for longer/faster riders - bugs in your teeth etc). I just think it would feel much nicer on the commute into work with an open face during the summer months.

Any thoughts on safety/looks/practicality of open face vs full face?
    Back in the day that was all I could afford. I wore it with face mask and goggles. (yep I really did)

Then I used to ride with an open face and a bandana. (was really horrible in wet weather, I used to think I could drown the amount of water I got to swallow as I rode)

I have had friends graze off their chins on road bikes wearing an open face helmet.

I wear full face, and wont wear anything else now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
    iv seen pics of what happens to some people that have had a major accident wearing an open face skid lid and the pics remind me how glad i am i own a full face. never mind the bugs and shit in your teeth with an open face , imagine chin and jaw vs handle bar or other hard objects
    After seeing what happens to a motor-bike rider who crashed his bike through a fence I'm glad I drive a car...jus' sayin'...

Bike
    k6 hayabusa
    After seeing what happens to a motor-bike rider who crashed his bike through a fence I'm glad I drive a car...jus' sayin'...
    haha fair call !

Bike
    my little pony
    Quote Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
    at least with a fullface you can look perfect in the coffin.

Thread Information