Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: ACC training providers announced

Bike
    FZR,Jog,GZ maybe CBR?
    Did a Pro rider event today, think it was called safe rider? Was fantastic, got heaps out of it wanted to work on cornering. I would do silly noob things like chop the throttle, get on the gas late etc. They showed which line to take, how to set up through the corner. Instead of worrying about cornering I dream of it lol. Also clocked up 4,000 km.

Bike
    Triumph Sprint St 07, G650gs BMW
    Quote Originally Posted by FZR250 View Post
    Did a Pro rider event today, think it was called safe rider? Was fantastic, got heaps out of it wanted to work on cornering. I would do silly noob things like chop the throttle, get on the gas late etc. They showed which line to take, how to set up through the corner. Instead of worrying about cornering I dream of it lol. Also clocked up 4,000 km.
    The course was seven hours long..what else did you learn? Did you ride the same piece of road three times till you got it right, or were you taken off to other back rides to see if you new found skills were working for you?

Bike
    Nothing :(
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by raftn View Post
    The course was seven hours long..what else did you learn? Did you ride the same piece of road three times till you got it right, or were you taken off to other back rides to see if you new found skills were working for you?
    When I went we did some slow speed stuff in a car park, braking, u turns etc. Road positioning i.e. at roundabouts. We went through some of the same roundabouts a couple of times and then at the end of the day we went out to some obscure place to get some icecream.
    Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.

Bike
    2005, Yamaha FZ1
    Was that 4000km in one day?

Tricia1000
    RoADA (Dip)
    Consultant to NZTA

Quote Originally Posted by FZR250 View Post
    Remember, that GOOD QUALITY TRAINING stays with you forever. It doesn't get sold with your bike, or expire with your rego. It stays with you FOREVER..

It's not the message that is DELIVERED, but the message that is RECEIVED that is important.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricia1000 View Post

Tricia1000
    RoADA (Dip)
    Consultant to NZTA
    No. He means since he took up riding.
    Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.

Bike
    Bandit 12, Gsx fighter
    Quote Originally Posted by bosslady View Post
    I attended one of these pro rider acc subsidised novice courses on Friday and it was great. I totally recommend this to any learner/novice and honestly for $20, you can't go wrong and everyone should be taking advantage of this! I did the one in Sth Auckland with Chris and he was a really great, knowledgeable guy we met at the autobahn cafe near BP Bombay although a couple of people accidentally went to the papakura one lol. I almost made the same mistake so maybe when you guys send out the email a week or whatever beforehand maybe you could write a note that it's not the papakura one? Anyway thanks a lot for this and also I am wondering if you offer some kind of other tuition because I want to grow my confidence riding on gravel?

did you know that he taught Angelina Jolie to ride? he does stunts and stuff for the movies too. you have been taught by one of the best riders/instructors around. i know, i used to work with him..... shame he had to move away from the HB.
    'Giggling nervously in the face of oncoming traffic'

Bike
    Bandit 12, Gsx fighter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricia1000 View Post

Tricia1000
    RoADA (Dip)
    Consultant to NZTA

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by starbug View Post
    did you know that he taught Angelina Jolie to ride? he does stunts and stuff for the movies too. you have been taught by one of the best riders/instructors around. i know, i used to work with him..... shame he had to move away from the HB.

Are ya takin the piss? about the Angelina Jolie bit... I know he said he'd done stunts and was going to or had not long been back from some country that starts with N? obscure sounding one. Sounds like I am very lucky!

Bike
    Bandit 12, Gsx fighter
    No I'm not joking! That was for the first tombraider film. He taught Matt Damon for Bourne films and a whole heap of others. Last time I spoke to him he was helping Tom hardy on the mad max in Africa somewhere.
    He's a bit of a loon on a bike though ......

Bike
    Hobbit bike & Bike Decoration
    Taken forever to find, but Dan Ornsby (www.rideforever.co.nz) covers the bottom of the Sth Island. He has also started a course in Central Otago, will be worth checking out
    "Those that give up Liberty for Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" - Benjamin Franklin

Thread Information