Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ACC training providers announced

Bike
    2 Strokes forever

ACC training providers announced

ACC Funding for motorcycle coaching programs - the successful providers are:
    Pro Rider for Northland, Auckland & Waikato.
    Roadsafe for Lower North Island/Top of South
    Dan Ornsby Motorcycle training for Central/Lower South Island.

This means you have a chance to get some of your ACC levy money back in the form of national coaching from these 3 providers..... its the only way we have a chance of lowering the bike rego cost - by reducing the accident and injury rate in NZ. Get yourself booked into these programs that will be coming up in an area near you.... regardless of what level your riding is at - we can always benefit from honing our skills for safer riding on the road.

Bike
    A Tractor
    Blog Entries
    Is there an official link to this announcement?

I look forward to what "on road" training Pro Rider is going to provide.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bike
    03 VTR1000
    Good news right there and get into some training peoples. Good luck wth rego costs coming back down though

Bike
    2 Strokes forever
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDuck View Post
    Is there an official link to this announcement?
    It will be on the Rideforever website soon

I look forward to what "on road" training Pro Rider is going to provide.
    Pro Rider uses a variety of venues and locations, including some very nice roads - theres a SmartRider course this Saturday in Auckland

Bike
    A Tractor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro Rider View Post
    Pro Rider uses a variety of venues and locations, including some very nice roads - theres a SmartRider course this Saturday in Auckland
    Thanks for responding. I note however on the Pro Rider website:

"Prior Learning Requirement for SmartRider Day
    You must have attended at least 1 SafeRider course prior to the SmartRider course"

This Saferider course is on a track is it not? I guess what I have a concern about is that the prerequesite for ACC funded "motorcycle" training takes place on a track which most insurance companies do not cover for even if it is closed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bike
    2005, Yamaha FZ1
    Where, when and how much. I might be keen..
    Tricia
    ACC Funding for motorcycle coaching programs - the successful providers are:
    Pro Rider for Northland, Auckland & Waikato.
    Roadsafe for Lower North Island/Top of South
    Dan Ornsby Motorcycle training for Central/Lower South Island.

This means you have a chance to get some of your ACC levy money back in the form of national coaching from these 3 providers..... its the only way we have a chance of lowering the bike rego cost - by reducing the accident and injury rate in NZ. Get yourself booked into these programs that will be coming up in an area near you.... regardless of what level your riding is at - we can always benefit from honing our skills for safer riding on the road.
    Remember, that GOOD QUALITY TRAINING stays with you forever. It doesn't get sold with your bike, or expire with your rego. It stays with you FOREVER..

It's not the message that is DELIVERED, but the message that is RECEIVED that is important.

Bike
    2011 Suziki V strom 650
    Blog Entries
    I disagree slightly....if you don't practice what you've learnt/received regularly it won't stay forever.

I remember all the 'born again bikers' jumping back on bikes after a long absence, and they had lots of accidents. I'm sure some of them had really good training.
    Legalise anarchy

Bike
    2005, Yamaha FZ1
    I would like to book on to one of these courses. Can't find it on your website though.
    How much will you get paid from ACC per customer? Is it the usual $100+GST?
    What time is the course on Saturday, and where is the venue??
    Tricia
    Remember, that GOOD QUALITY TRAINING stays with you forever. It doesn't get sold with your bike, or expire with your rego. It stays with you FOREVER..

It's not the message that is DELIVERED, but the message that is RECEIVED that is important.

Bike
    A
    Thanks for responding. I note however on the Pro Rider website:

"Prior Learning Requirement for SmartRider Day
    You must have attended at least 1 SafeRider course prior to the SmartRider course"

This Saferider course is on a track is it not? I guess what I have a concern about is that the prerequesite for ACC funded "motorcycle" training takes place on a track which most insurance companies do not cover for even if it is closed.
    "Track day" coverage is troublesome, "training day" coverage on a track much easier to obtain, albeit with a bigger excess. If you're afraid of falling off on a track, rest assured you're gonna be at much bigger risk of this on the road

Practising bike handling skills on a closed track is a safer proposition than trying it on the road, but hey what would I know, I've only done a few of these courses over the years...on bikes, in cars and even trucks...good informative fun

Bike
    A Tractor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    If you're afraid of falling off on a track, rest assured you're gonna be at much bigger risk of this on the road :eek5
    Not sure how you came to this conclusion as I never mention falling off at all or my fear of anything.

You have however confirmed what I was trying to say. If the insurance company wants a bigger excess for a "training" day then they see it as higher risk. To me it seems odd that ACC has gone down that road that is all. But it depends what they are trying to achieve and I dont know what that actually is which is why I ask the questions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Bike
    A
    You have however confirmed what I was trying to say. If the insurance company wants a bigger excess for a "training" day then they see it as higher risk.
    Yeah well, I can see the irony in that bigger excess myself. The basic idea of training on a track is simple, controlled environment, everyone going the same direction etc. Then apply the finetuned bike control skills on public roads. Quite easy to see how ACC find this beneficial me thinks...

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    its the only way we have a chance of lowering the bike rego cost
    So you will reduce my rego if I come and do your course. Nice. I presume you give a refund on the $100 as the last acc course I did was very good and free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by caspernz View Post
    Yeah well, I can see the irony in that bigger excess myself. The basic idea of training on a track is simple, controlled environment, everyone going the same direction etc. Then apply the finetuned bike control skills on public roads. Quite easy to see how ACC find this beneficial me thinks...
    From my understanding of what Maduck is saying is that to do the course you have to attend a paid for track day first.

Im suspicious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Bike
    750 auw
    Yes you can do the ACC course but first you have to pay for training on a closed track at full price. I wonder if ACC know their providers are doing this....

If so, it's probably so they can turn around and say "we tried to help them but no one was interested in our training...."

Bike
    R1100s / SV400
    I have attended a couple of Training days held on tracks (two at Taupo, one at Hampton Downs). I am insured with AMI and have never had any issues with coverage, not that I have had to make a track related claim - possible that may change things. I have always called and spoken with the manager of the local branch and advised of the training day and checked I would be covered if it all goes wrong, never been any mention of higher excess for the day.

The thing I don't like about Track Training days is there is always some spastic twit determined to pass on the inside as you are tipping into a corner (usually the Hairpin). Freaks me out every time and is the reason I left the last day early. That is what is making me reluctant to do one of these courses.

What do you charge for a couple of hours one on one instruction on the road?
    Soccer - A Gentlemans game played by Hooligans. Rugby - A Hooligans Game played by Gentlemen.

Thread Information