Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Restricted license test? I'm looking for recent experiences

Bike
    2007 Suzuki LS650 Boulevard
    Congrats Grasshopper, and the others who have passed!

One thing I thought to mention, and I don't know if this is something everyone has already figured out or not. When I am putting my helmet on over the earpeice (or for the few times I have tried it earphones), I hold the straps out 90 degrees from the helmet pulling them tight as I pull the helmet on (so holding helmet by the straps). This seems to pull most of the material that could dislodge something in/over the earout of the way, making it easier to get the helmet on without knocking the earpeice out.
    There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those that do not.

Bike
    Nothing :(
    Blog Entries
    I've been eligible to sit my restricted for a couple weeks now. Suppose I ought to book to get it done...
    Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.

Bike
    1999 Honda Hornet CB600FX
    Quote Originally Posted by arcane12 View Post
    Congrats Grasshopper, and the others who have passed!
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by arcane12 View Post
    One thing I thought to mention, and I don't know if this is something everyone has already figured out or not. When I am putting my helmet on over the earpeice (or for the few times I have tried it earphones), I hold the straps out 90 degrees from the helmet pulling them tight as I pull the helmet on (so holding helmet by the straps). This seems to pull most of the material that could dislodge something in/over the earout of the way, making it easier to get the helmet on without knocking the earpeice out.
    That's how I've been told to always put my helmet on.

Quote Originally Posted by bosslady View Post
    I've been eligible to sit my restricted for a couple weeks now. Suppose I ought to book to get it done...
    Book it! Should not be a problem for you at all.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grashopper View Post
    Book it! Should not be a problem for you at all.
    Yes boss! Test booked for 27th June (did it online). Won't have a lesson until next week and the 27th is the day before I leave for Australia for a couple weeks so might as well! I hope I pass but you never know, I might not!
    Becoming fearless isn't the point. That's impossible. It's learning how to control your fear, and how to be free from it.

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    Yes boss! Test booked for 27th June (did it online). Won't have a lesson until next week and the 27th is the day before I leave for Australia for a couple weeks so might as well! I hope I pass but you never know, I might not!
    Thats the way Bossy, go in with a positive attitude.
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by unstuck View Post
    Thats the way Bossy, go in with a positive attitude.
    Well I failed the new CBTA1 Trials that Trish on here is doing because I didn't do enough head checks because of all the damn multiple lanes and shit, so that's why I say you never know!

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    Well I failed the new CBTA1 Trials that Trish on here is doing because I didn't do enough head checks because of all the damn multiple lanes and shit, so that's why I say you never know!
    But now you do know, lots of head checks. Try talking yourself up a bit, rather than down.
    For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him. Keep an open mind, just dont let your brains fall out.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    D day! Test in a few hours.

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    D day! Test in a few hours.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	YouCanDoIt.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	284332 Good luck bossy, you will be fine.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by unstuck View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	YouCanDoIt.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	284332 Good luck bossy, you will be fine.
    I had a 2hr lesson last week so I feel much better about my odds now. Not familiar with the test area so I might go out and ride around there beforehand. Better go check my bike turns on actually, She's had problems lately.

Bike
    Honda VF750f.
    had problems lately.
    Tell me about it. Good idea about going to scope out the area, see if you can pick out any hazards that may catch you out later, how the traffic flows ect.....Try staying as happy and relaxed as possilbe to improve your performance.

Bike
    Triple Delight
    You will whizz through Ms Bossy
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    CB1000R
    Good luck with your test today.

Bike
    A black one
    At least the rain has held off this morning for you.

Bike
    1999 Honda Hornet CB600FX
    You should have nothing to worry about, but will still keep my fingers crossed

Thread Information