Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: KTM 1290 Superduke R

Bike
    RD350 KTM790R, 2 x BMW R80G/S, XT500
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocean1 View Post
    I was comparing it to a 1290SD. It's down 35hp too, although the torque delivery is more important for me.

Ya got me, I'm a pussy. Or maybe all those wannabes might have just have wanted a reasonably current tech big bike and an adv machine is the nearest they could get. As I said if you're over six foot there's not a lot to choose from. KTM had it right with the SMT/SMR, it's a pity to see them abandoning a complete section of clients to follow a dubious market rather than defining what looks to me to be a big gap in it. A reasonably easy development for them would be a 1290 SMT at 160-170hp and 180-190Kg, and if the styling was other than the typical adv style top-heavy looking attempts to incorperate the radiator into some form of bodywork it'd sell like very hot cakes.
    We're probably hijacking this thread, but I wanted them to simplify the Adv, not flash it up.
    I want a 180KG 800 V Twin with about 80-90hp.

Less is more. My old 950 has tried to kill me on a regular basis as sometimes weight and power combined are not a good thing.
    Having said that, I'm keeping it until something better comes along.

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    We're probably hijacking this thread, but I wanted them to simplify the Adv, not flash it up.
    I want a 180KG 800 V Twin with about 80-90hp.

Less is more. My old 950 has tried to kill me on a regular basis as sometimes weight and power combined are not a good thing.
    Having said that, I'm keeping it until something better comes along.
    I have an XB12X that fits that bill.

But for dirty work I can't handle anything that weighs significantly more than I do, and I long ago gave up trying to find a compromise, I use an EXE525 for that shit.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    RD350 KTM790R, 2 x BMW R80G/S, XT500
    I have an XB12X that fits that bill.

But for dirty work I can't handle anything that weighs significantly more than I do, and I long ago gave up trying to find a compromise, I use an EXE525 for that shit.
    Yeah I went for a ride with Big Dave a coupla times when he had his, but I'd worry about the belt drive on gravel.
    I also have issue with the wheel sizes.

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    ...if it's not at least something that represents a full size bike I'll be disappointed. Again.
    Well, it's not that small. In fact it feels not too bad.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Well we've had the demonstrator for a couple of weeks now, I've been lucky enough to rack up a few kays and attend a trackday.

For a bike I've anticipated so heavily, I'm extremely pleased to say it more than meets my expectations. It is savagely fast and with the electronics turned off, is the most brutal road bike I've ever ridden. It's absolutely barking mad and makes anything else I've ever ridden feel weak.

If anyone's keen on a demo ride, let me know.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1622265_10152219497667298_1727792814_n.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	294314  
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    Nada

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    Well we've had the demonstrator for a couple of weeks now, I've been lucky enough to rack up a few kays and attend a trackday.

For a bike I've anticipated so heavily, I'm extremely pleased to say it more than meets my expectations. It is savagely fast and with the electronics turned off, is the most brutal road bike I've ever ridden. It's absolutely barking mad and makes anything else I've ever ridden feel weak.

Saw one down this way at a trackday that we were doing. FFS he was giving it and having fun...certainly embarrassed a lot of the full fairing boys.
    I am making a point of not riding one for obvious reasons

Bike
    a shiny one... for now.
    You can book me in for a test somewhere around the 1st of april!

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DMNTD View Post

I am making a point of not riding one for obvious reasons
    Ah, so the week after next, instead of next week?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    I honestly didn't expect it to be anywhere near as fast as it is. Walking away from all the liter bikes on the straights was funny to watch. Would have been interesting to see lap times if Jimmy wasn't such a fucken pussy under brakes.

Bike
    KTM 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    Yes please....week after next would be great as I'm off work.
    Nunquam Non Paratus

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    I honestly didn't expect it to be anywhere near as fast as it is. Walking away from all the liter bikes on the straights was funny to watch. Would have been interesting to see lap times if Jimmy wasn't such a fucken pussy under brakes.
    I got that sorted by the 4th and 5th session thank you very fucking much It took me three whole sessions to get used to the outright stopping power of the fucken thing, and even then, I was completely letting go of the lever before tipping it in. With race tyres and warmers, it'd be a perfect track day bike I reckon.
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Thread Information